Chainsaw Permit/License, where?

Does anyone know where to apply for a chainsaw permit, and who can apply? Any info as to what is required would be a help. As far as I can make out, if the blade is 12" or less then no permit required, anything over 12" appears to need a permit. Strange thing is, sellers I know will sell me 16" but not 18", so this is a bit confusing.

If 16" does not require a permit then I can live with that, but if I have to go and apply for one I may as well get an 18-20" instead. Wonder if they send someone pretty out to measure my tool?

7 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Why would you need a permit for a chainsaw? 

I cant say Ive ever heard of that, anywhere. 

It is a requirement on many saws, there is a control on blade sizes to prevent illegal logging! Those big circular saw blades are licensed, you cannot just go and buy one if it is over a certain size. There is also some really obscure law called "The electric saw act 2002" but it doesn't detail blades. There is even a legal position called "The Chainsaw Registrar" believe it or not! I have already been told by a seller that both the buyer and seller have to hold a license to buy the 18" Bar, but he will sell me a 16" bar, yet as far as I can tell the law is in place for 12" and over.

4 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

It is a requirement on many saws, there is a control on blade sizes to prevent illegal logging! Those big circular saw blades are licensed, you cannot just go and buy one if it is over a certain size. There is also some really obscure law called "The electric saw act 2002" but it doesn't detail blades. There is even a legal position called "The Chainsaw Registrar" believe it or not!

Absolutely stupid, so yeah its probably implemented in Thailand. 

16 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

Gradually it deteriorates......The usual suspects! Guess I will stick with my one foot tool for now, maybe push my luck and up it to 16" if I can manage it at a later date.

Did you really expect anyone to take this post seriously?

Archived