Pattaya Versus DaNang and the winner is?

Destiny1990

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chivas said:

So whats the crack on an entry visa say for a 2 week trip  ?? (side trip from Pattaya)

Do you need to apply in advance back in your home country. Do you just turn up at immigration  ??

Thanks

Depends what nationality you are.

This is a list from an online visa agent. 

https://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-exemption.html

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

So whats the crack on an entry visa say for a 2 week trip  ?? (side trip from Pattaya)

Do you need to apply in advance back in your home country. Do you just turn up at immigration  ??

Thanks

You sound like a Brit, 14 days VISA waiver on entry, but you need a flight out or they won't let you on the plane to go.

6 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

Would you rather walk around Ba Na Hills in Da Nang on your own?  Suit yourself but I'd rather take a girl there.

Never been anywhere in Asia that didn't already have girls willing to walk with me.

As for serious hiking, I prefer to do that with men who can match my pace and distance, girls just make it tedious.

Much nicer to have a local lady shower and massage you after the walk.

350,000VND in a private locked room plus tip, or so I'm told.

I have traveled throughout Vietnam and have visited Da Nang twice. I like the resort as it is quieter and much more civilized - no pestering by street girls and ladyboys, very few (if any) go-go bars with very loud music, also it is much less expensive. You can relax in decent bars and restaurants (especially seafood ones). Signs along the promenade inform that public loitering with intent (soliciting) is illegal and can lead to arrest. However, I am biased because I HATE Pattaya which can disappear into the sea as far as I am concerned. I can "Fly Thru" from KKC to Da Nang with Air Asia. No doubt my post will create adverse comments from the Pattaya "bar stool" pundits! 

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Never been anywhere in Asia that didn't already have girls willing to walk with me.

As for serious hiking, I prefer to do that with men who can match my pace and distance, girls just make it tedious.

Are you sure you know what Ba Na Hills in Da Nang is?  It's sort of like an amusement park.  Maybe it's me but going there with a bunch of guys is a bit gay imho.  I guess we all have our preferences and if you prefer to go to Ba Na Hills with guys I have nothing against that.

Da Nang is probably the most uptight province in all of Vietnam. It is the communist party heartland and a strict upholder of the CP doctrine as well as having a large military presence. If you are a young to middle aged guy who likes to party then stick to HCMC. Also the weather in Da Nang sucks it’s beautiful for 2 months of the year and either rainy or cold for the rest.  Sure it’s a nice holiday but living there is oppressive.

Also if you want to have kids or live to a ripe old age Da Nang Is probably one of the last places you probably want to live in Vietnam.( or on the planet)  Da Nang was the highest recipient of agent orange during the Vietnam war. Today almost 50 years later Dioxin levels are still 365 Times above what is considered maximum levels and over 30,000 times above the average western city. Eat the local food and drink the water at your own peril.

HCMC, Vung Tao, Phan thiet, Nah Trang, and Pheu Quoc are far better places to live and enjoy life with HCMC being the best and most free.

11 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

Are you sure you know what Ba Na Hills in Da Nang is?  It's sort of like an amusement park.  Maybe it's me but going there with a bunch of guys is a bit gay imho.  I guess we all have our preferences and if you prefer to go to Ba Na Hills with guys I have nothing against that.

You appear to have some mental issues, easier to ignore you than to deal with you.

1 hour ago, KhunHeineken said:

If you are under 50, with the direction immigration is going in Thailand, it's the Elite Card, or leave. 

However, it's not like Vietnam is so far away, or difficult or expensive to get to.  You could come back to Thailand often, immigration issues aside.   

The Elite card is way overpriced and how I understand its a long term and a still complicated deal. Besides that i never plan ahead more then 12 months so i not interested getting longer term visas then that.

Yes your right atleast i can still hop over to Thailand now and then by staying 30 days but this might get restricted more maybe too.

i wish them all the best.

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You appear to have some mental issues, easier to ignore you than to deal with you.

Odd I was thinking you were the one with the problem saying I should not take a girl to Ba Na Hills.  However, we all have our preferences when we travel.  I just prefer to go to couples places with a girl.

18 minutes ago, AJBangkok said:

Da Nang is probably the most uptight province in all of Vietnam. It is the communist party heartland and a strict upholder of the CP doctrine as well as having a large military presence. If you are a young to middle aged guy who likes to party then stick to HCMC. Also the weather in Da Nang sucks it’s beautiful for 2 months of the year and either rainy or cold for the rest.  Sure it’s a nice holiday but living there is oppressive.

Also if you want to have kids or live to a ripe old age Da Nang Is probably one of the last places you probably want to live in Vietnam. Da Nang was the highest recipient of agent orange during the Vietnam war. Today almost 50 years later Dioxin levels are still 365 Times above what is considered maximum levels and over 30,000 times above the average western city. Eat the local food and drink the water at your own peril.

HCMC, Vung Tao, Phan thiet, Nah Trang, and Pheu Quoc are far better places to live and enjoy life with HCMC being the best and most free.

Hmmm i will explore those cities all thanks.. Danang can be cold? I thought same temperatures as in Pattaya? I be interested in cold btw.

HCMC and Vung Tao  are also top of my list indeed. How far is HCMC from the beach?

16 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

HCMC and Vung Tao  are also top of my list indeed. How far is HCMC from the beach?

The beach at VT is around 2 hours from HCMC, there's a fast boat from the river that gets there for a very reasonable price.

Back beach is the nicest beach very popular in the early morning.

Front beach (and the ferry) is were all the girly bars are situated.

IMG_20180422_055827_PANO.jpg

Back beach (last year)

The waterline is covered in very pretty sea shells

IMG_20180421_071332_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Hmmm i will explore those cities all thanks.. Danang can be cold? I thought same temperatures as in Pattaya? I be interested in cold btw.

Da Nang can be cold depending on when you go.  It actually snowed on the top of Ba Na Hills when we were there in the Winter.  I had to buy a winter jacket since I made the same mistake as you assumed that it would be as warm as Pattaya.

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

I have only been to Vietnam once, to Da Nang, and I wasn't overly impressed with the city, or at least the part in which I stayed, but I was impressed with the warmth and smiles of the Vietnamese people I encountered.

Obviously my experience has been different to yours, but then again as I said, I've only been once, so I might have been lucky??

They might smile there but they dont in Saigon. Very first thing I noticed were the long faces like you would see in NYC. I much prefer the Thai smile even if it sometimes false but having said that a smile would not determine where I choose to live

5 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

Da Nang can be cold depending on when you go.  It actually snowed on the top of Ba Na Hills when we were there in the Winter.  I had to buy a winter jacket since I made the same mistake as you assumed that it would be as warm as Pattaya.

Thats Awesome there is no need for super-hot temperatures for me.

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The beach at VT is around 2 hours from HCMC, there's a fast boat from the river that gets there for a very reasonable price.

Back beach (last year)

Does VT have malls and Condos?

for long term living where would be more suitable for u in HCMC or VT?

Very great going by boat from HCMC towards VT i like doing this.

4 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Does VT have malls and Condos?

for long term living where would be more suitable for u in HCMC or VT?

Very great going by boat from HCMC towards VT i like doing this.

No malls, plenty of condos and houses to rent.

If I were to move to Vietnam, I'd probably live further north more rural where the hiking and cycling is better.

Maybe the Ninh Binh area. HCMC and Vung Tau are more holiday destinations for me. 

53 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Something for the single guys going to Vietnam to consider " It is actually a law in VN that foreigner and Vietnamese woman can't stay in the same room without marriage certification"

No need to 'stay', I've found an hour or two visit is more than enough.

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Back beach (last year)

The waterline is covered in very pretty sea shells

IMG_20180421_071332_1.jpg

That pic is kind of ugly with the concrete barriers and old condo block that looks like it will fall over. . I dont think this pic if it were used as a brochure would attract anybody at all. Probably being overcast doesn't help. Shame Pattaya is polluted as the beach and its light colored sand looks better

52 minutes ago, AJBangkok said:

I was there for a week and I never saw one policeman

12 minutes ago, madmen said:

That pic is kind of ugly with the concrete barriers and old condo block that looks like it will fall over. . I dont think this pic if it were used as a brochure would attract anybody at all. Probably being overcast doesn't help. Shame Pattaya is polluted as the beach and its light colored sand looks better

I don’t know about u but for me i don't base my location of next destination on the color sand of a beach much more factors are needed for that.

On 4/27/2019 at 9:45 AM, Destiny1990 said:

Can u name some differences between the 2 countries?

I think price level such as food, condo, transport etc is nearly the same between the 2. 

Visas extensions are easier in Vietnam anything else u noticed?

Vietnam boo koo cheaper in pretty much every respect. Been there a few times to ride the coastal highway on a scooter - awesome by the way! And to surf the small waves in Vnam. Sadly, while there are very beautiful Vietnamese women I just refer Thai ladies mak mak

Archived