Pattaya Versus DaNang and the winner is?

Destiny1990

9 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I travel around Thailand especially Issan. I travel around Europe, hang out in London. Visit Spain, Portugal, the Balkans. But I am based in Pattaya because it the most interesting city in Thailand,  the only cosmopolitan city left in Thailand and typifies the true, real, free, mai pen lai Thai style and fun way of life.

Stop traveling Isarn is cosmopolitan enough for you.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Often it sits on another unit but lets not get into a vicious circle.

if u prefer 50 years lease that’s fine.

So funny.

So, the foreign condo owner on the second floor should feel more secure than the condo owner on the first floor.

I suppose the condo owner on the third floor should feel more secure than the condo owner on the second floor, and so on and so on. 

Post of the day to you, Sir.  ????

35 minutes ago, Leaver said:

So funny.

So, the foreign condo owner on the second floor should feel more secure than the condo owner on the first floor.

I suppose the condo owner on the third floor should feel more secure than the condo owner on the second floor, and so on and so on. 

Post of the day to you, Sir.  ????

Do u have any story in Thailand  about a foreign condo owner with title deed in his own name and fully paid of and than being evicted of his fully built property and his name being erased from his title deed by the company owning the land?

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

How can it be "cosmopolitan" and typify true and real Thai style, at the same time? 

There's no Thai culture in Pattaya.

I can see you are doing your best to shut the thread down.

Thai culture is Thai people, Thai food, Thai nightlife and entertainment,  Thai gardens , Thai Temples, Thai Landmarks, Thai shows, Thai costume, Thai religion, Thai dance. What do you think culture means: classical music and opera? Of course a city can be cosmopolitan yet typical of a host culture. Barcelona,  London, New York.  I understand you do not fully understand the nature of culture nor the imagination to investigate it in Pattaya. Try and open your eyes a bit.  Stop trying to be clever.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

So the condo sits on what? Air????

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Stop traveling Isarn is cosmopolitan enough for you.

I enjoy the issan cities. Roi et city is pretty and has excellent nightlife.  The surrounding towns have excellent rocket festivals.  Nong Kai is sweet, on the Mekong and well designed. Udon is fun too. All these I enjoy visitng and many more. But I return to Pattaya because its easy to live, good transport, excellent restaurants,  good entertainment and nightlife, near the countryside,  lot of municipal festivals  music, food, dance, art, culture   cooking, parades,  fireworks plus I enjoy the girls. Only mugs moan about Pattaya,  mugs and losers.

2 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I enjoy the issan cities. Roi et city is pretty and has excellent nightlife.  The surrounding towns have excellent rocket festivals.  Nong Kai is sweet, on the Mekong and well designed. Udon is fun too. All these I enjoy visitng and many more. But I return to Pattaya because its easy to live, good transport, excellent restaurants,  good entertainment and nightlife, near the countryside,  lot of municipal festivals  music, food, dance, art, culture   cooking, parades,  fireworks plus I enjoy the girls. Only mugs moan about Pattaya,  mugs and losers.

Its a lot of TM30’s for you !

On 10/19/2019 at 3:46 AM, spidermike007 said:

They have two whole rows of craft beer on the shelf and in the refrigerators

Go to Belgium or Germany. Paradise. That´s only the right side of the shop. The other sides are looking same.

20793873_1283737245087597_1690893886_o.jpg

11 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Go to Belgium or Germany. Paradise. That´s only the right side of the shop. The other sides are looking same.

20793873_1283737245087597_1690893886_o.jpg

I agree. The situation in Thailand is downright stupid. Chang, Tiger, Singha, Leo and Heinekin. Is that really the best you can do? The super corrupt senators continue to bow down to two enormous conglomerates, and their suitcases full of cash, at the expense of the nation. There is an entire generation of younger, hip Thais with cash, who want to create microbreweries, and small craft beer facilities, and they are being stomped into the ground by these greedy pigs. Grow up. Evolve. Get with it. How about some progress? 

On 11/5/2019 at 6:59 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Yes but in Thailand condos have freehold ownership so if condos only get a 50 years term in Vietnam  then Thailand offers more on the condo market. but Thailand gives less on their housing lease market. Just 30 years house land  lease while Vietnam 50 years house land lease.

In that scenario for condos in Vietnam renting is better.

Problem with Vietnam and housing is the lack of proper land ownership records. Plus there are fake documents around so it is hard to tell who owns what. On top of this, ultimately the Commy state owns everything and can take it away from you any time they like.

23 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Thai culture is Thai people, Thai food, Thai nightlife and entertainment,  Thai gardens , Thai Temples, Thai Landmarks, Thai shows, Thai costume, Thai religion, Thai dance. What do you think culture means: classical music and opera? Of course a city can be cosmopolitan yet typical of a host culture. Barcelona,  London, New York.  I understand you do not fully understand the nature of culture nor the imagination to investigate it in Pattaya. Try and open your eyes a bit.  Stop trying to be clever.

Thai culture is centered on recreational sex.

From the highest of hi-so to the lowest of lo-so.

Pattaya epitomises everything that is Thailand in it's get down and dirtiest form.

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I agree. The situation in Thailand is downright stupid. Chang, Tiger, Singha, Leo and Heinekin. Is that really the best you can do? The super corrupt senators continue to bow down to two enormous conglomerates, and their suitcases full of cash, at the expense of the nation. There is an entire generation of younger, hip Thais with cash, who want to create microbreweries, and small craft beer facilities, and they are being stomped into the ground by these greedy pigs. Grow up. Evolve. Get with it. How about some progress? 

It´s not that you can´t buy many different beers. 7/11´s choice grows in the last years, same as Makro´s. Also you have many craft beer bars. The "Renegade" in Chiang Mai offers 400+ different beers. Unfortunately good Thai or imported beers are really expensive. I like the Weihenstephan Vitus, a Weizenbock, and in one of my favorite restaurants in Chiang Mai the price is 260 Baht for a half liter. But there is also a German restaurant (food is not so good), they brew 3 or 4 kinds of beer. And they are pretty good.

On 11/5/2019 at 7:24 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

I travel around Thailand especially Issan. I travel around Europe, hang out in London. Visit Spain, Portugal, the Balkans. But I am based in Pattaya because it the most interesting city in Thailand,  the only cosmopolitan city left in Thailand and typifies the true, real, free, mai pen lai Thai style and fun way of life.

...but everything has a flip side. my personal favorite is the STD.

On 11/6/2019 at 12:12 PM, spidermike007 said:

post of the year award.

they can start with a dark beer version of the said regulars, how hard could it be?

likely dont want to do it because it suggests the possibility of variety to the public.

On 11/6/2019 at 12:32 AM, Destiny1990 said:

Do u have any story in Thailand  about a foreign condo owner with title deed in his own name and fully paid of and than being evicted of his fully built property and his name being erased from his title deed by the company owning the land?

Would you like to tell me what COULD happen to the land a condo block sits on AFTER 30 years, OR, should a developer sell 51% of the condo's to foreigners? 

On 11/6/2019 at 1:34 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Pattaya is in Thailand, so it will obviously be influenced by Thai laws etc, but do you really think Pattaya truly represents Thailand, and Thai culture?

Thailand is famous for having a high percentage of transvestites, when compared to other countries.  Does that mean the Tiffany Show in Pattaya represents Thai culture, or is it just entertainment, created to make money?

If Pattaya is a true representation of Thailand, why are so many Thai's in Pattaya all from one particular region, Issan? 

It's like saying Bali is Indonesian culture.  ????

Just because you can buy a Pad Thai in Pattaya, doesn't mean Pattaya represents Thai culture.  Take a look around and you will see foreign influence everywhere here.  See MsDonalds, Burger King, Starbucks etc?  Are they part of Thai culture? 

Is there Thai culture on Walking Street?  There's plenty of Thai freelancers in the nightclubs "dancing" to western music. ????

If you said Chonburi, then I would agree with you, but Pattaya has no Thai culture. 

As for Pattaya being cosmopolitan, I think you will find most popular tourist destinations, around the world, are cosmopolitan by the sheer fact people from many different nationalities holiday there.  Most of the establishments in Pattaya are geared towards making money off tourists, and the expats just hang out there.  

Does a foreign owned bar in a village in Issan make that village cosmopolitan?   

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So what do all the locals do when they arrive, leave it in a locker at Rung Ruen bus station?

I'm not suggesting Thai's living in Pattaya have no Thai culture.

I am suggesting Pattaya, particularly Central Pattaya, has no Thai culture.  Unless you are suggesting all the Thai hookers here represent Thai culture, as another member has. 

On 5/10/2019 at 5:25 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Ok something else has anyone here actually made a date with a Vietnamese lady in Vietnam and how was that like?

i used real estate agents to find a rental. she took me around many times on her motorbike. let me grab / grind on her as we drove. tried to do her in some of the empty rentals we visited, but did not work out. more grinding. very frustrating experience to say the least.

5 hours ago, Leaver said:

I am suggesting Pattaya, particularly Central Pattaya, has no Thai culture.  Unless you are suggesting all the Thai hookers here represent Thai culture, as another member has. 

There are examples of it in every Wat.

5 hours ago, Leaver said:

Thai hookers certainly represent Thai culture - often more so than ‘ordinary’ workers.

I know at least 6 girls who were up at the crack of dawn to visit temples today.

5 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Thai hookers certainly represent Thai culture - often more so than ‘ordinary’ workers.

I know at least 6 girls who were up at the crack of dawn to visit temples today.

And what of the 1000's of others that didn't, but that's not really my point.  Culture extends past religion. 

I will say this, I do see some Thai culture in the bars here, when the girls start their shift.  The girls light some incense and pray to the Buddha Shrine. 

9 minutes ago, Leaver said:

And what of the 1000's of others that didn't, but that's not really my point.  Culture extends past religion. 

I will say this, I do see some Thai culture in the bars here, when the girls start their shift.  The girls light some incense and pray to the Buddha Shrine. 

Finally a culture that you fit in with.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

I would say it runs through everything they do - and they are indoctrinated at an early age.

Buddism and animism feature prominently............. plus the lottery, of course - that is cultural!

12 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Finally a culture that you fit in with.

Not really.  Most pray that Buddha sends them a stupid and rich foreigner that they can scam.  Buddha used to be quite generous in this regard.  Not so much these days.  ????

Archived