BANGKOK
Destiny1990

Pattaya Versus DaNang and the winner is?

On 8/21/2019 at 8:34 PM, atyclb said:

you suppose the couple need prove they have a relationship?

recall at a guesthouse i was in the reception staff amused because the same girl was coming multiple times with different guys, no pun intended.

I'm not denying these "mini hotels" offering short time rates are used by hookers and their clients.  Just saying a lot of younger Vietnamese, in relationships, use them a lot as well.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

I'm not denying these "mini hotels" offering short time rates are used by hookers and their clients.  Just saying a lot of younger Vietnamese, in relationships, use them a lot as well.  

As young Thais use local short rooms..

On 8/23/2019 at 2:38 PM, St George said:

As young Thais use local short rooms..

Yes, but the Vietnamese have the extended family model.  With the Thai's, many move away to the bigger cities for work, and I don't just mean bar girls.  Tourism in the south of the country is one industry that takes the younger Thai's away from their family.  The Vietnamese tend to say close to home, but the culture is changing very fast, and they are becoming more independent and less traditional.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 11:36 AM, jacko45k said:

Such a rule, in Thailand, would not be popular, even with the current regime, very much in control.

Imagine such rules in say The USA!

So? It's already a rule in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar. If they can do it so can Thailand.

16 minutes ago, drbeach said:

So? It's already a rule in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar. If they can do it so can Thailand.

There are differences, Thais do not like to restrict their own. Although the distinction is recently fuzzy, all those other countries have different types of Government. Look it up.

On 4/26/2019 at 5:10 PM, marcusarelus said:

If Vietnamese get sick they come to Thailand.  GDP per capita is about 3 times higher in Thailand.  https://countryeconomy.com/countries/compare/vietnam/thailand

Corruption increase 56% Vietnam vs Thailand 14% https://www.transparency.org/news/feature/corruption_in_asia_pacific_what_20000_people_told_us

In Thailand 9 die before 1 year.  Vietnam 17.  54 die childbirth out of 1000 in Thailand 20.  https://www.mylifeelsewhere.com/compare/thailand/vietnam

A lot of those could also be bad reasons to live in Thailand longer term.  Higher GDP means higher cost of living.  Expats usually use the private hospitals or go home if they get sick.  So deaths per year are not necessarily relevant for expats.

On 9/3/2019 at 6:28 PM, jacko45k said:

There are differences, Thais do not like to restrict their own. Although the distinction is recently fuzzy, all those other countries have different types of Government. Look it up.

Article 44

On 9/5/2019 at 11:45 AM, lapd said:

Expats usually use the private hospitals or go home if they get sick. 

Expats in Vietnam are similar.  For minor things, like cuts requiring stitches, they use local hospitals.  For more serious issues, they fly to Bangkok for an operation.  For life threatening issues, they return to their home country. 

On 4/28/2019 at 1:48 PM, Chivas said:

So whats the crack on an entry visa say for a 2 week trip  ?? (side trip from Pattaya)

Do you need to apply in advance back in your home country. Do you just turn up at immigration  ??

Thanks

e visa is the way to go .if uk passport dont need anything just get stamped at immigration. careful they're a lot of visa sites that are really agents and.charge accordingly simple  Im in Danang now

1 hour ago, davemos said:

e visa is the way to go .if uk passport dont need anything just get stamped at immigration. careful they're a lot of visa sites that are really agents and.charge accordingly simple  Im in Danang now

So how is your stay there?

16 hours ago, davemos said:

Yes, here's the list of visa exempt countries.  I expect more countries to be added to the list in the near future.

https://vietnamembassy-thailand.org/which-countries-are-exempt-from-vietnam-visa/

On 10/15/2019 at 9:17 PM, davemos said:

Im in Danang now

I spoke to a friend in Danang last night.  I was told it's pouring rain.  BBC weather confirms there are big storms in the area. 

What have you been able to do in such heavy rain?

Edited by Leaver

Buy an umbrella! The streets dont seem to flood though and today its beautiful ! Pic from my room!

IMG_20191018_130022.jpg

• Like 2

Did DaNang, did Hanoi, back to Saigon in January, already booked a room for $16/night with a rooftop patio.

Flights were a bit expensive now AIrAsia has stopped flying from CNX to SGN, Vietjet was 4,800bht.

But in April. I'll probably go to DaNang again, or maybe get the bus to Hue for some cave swim and treks.