Pattaya Versus DaNang and the winner is?

Destiny1990

Recently there was a comparison tread about Sihanoukville and so why not we do another one but now between Pattaya versus NaDang in vietnam both are coastal cities.

I  like Pattaya as for me its a compact city with lots to do but since visa procedures becoming much of a nuisance therefore i am starting to shop around for other destinations to spend my time at.

Each time i google about Vietnam than NaDang frequently comes up so i getting more curious about this city.

All input welcome..Here is a nice Vlog about prices in NaDang.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You wont catch me going to Nadang. Everyone there walks backwards.

Danang would be another matter, though I dont think that I would like the general lack of public transport unless I could have my own car, which would be unlikely on a short trip. I wont use motorbike taxis and I dont fancy riding a rented one either.

Dalat would also be a strong contender for a visit and personally I would prefer it due to the cooler climate. I always did like hill stations and being a smaller place it would be possible to get around in relative comfort on foot.

7 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Danang would be another matter, though I dont think that I would like the general lack of public transport unless I could have my own car, which would be unlikely on a short trip. I wont use motorbike taxis and I dont fancy riding a rented one either.

Dalat would also be a strong contender for a visit and personally I would prefer it due to the cooler climate. I always did like hill stations and being a smaller place it would be possible to get around in relative comfort on foot.

I like Da Lat too but as a single there is not much to do. It rains frequently and the condos I have seen were not very attractive... 

1 minute ago, GeKoSc said:

I like Da Lat too but as a single there is not much to do. It rains frequently and the condos I have seen were not very attractive... 

Rain is often a downside of hill stations, I agree. The upside is the lovely freshness when the rain stops and the sun comes out. A sort of perpetual Spring.

Yes, I dont think it has much in the way of condos either but for a short stay that would not be a problem for me. But if ever Vietnam sorts itself out and offers proper long-term retirement visas then I could see a lot of demand for nice condos in places like Dalat.

33 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Saigon is kicking. Hanoi is cultured  but closed at 10.30. Danang. I'd like to go but I know it wont be like pattaya.  Let's face it. For pattaya, better or worse.  Theres no place like it.

Not really understand what u mean..

How u know how it is when not yet visited? What u liked about Saigon? Are u talking about Pattaya is Pattaya because it has some girly bars with noisy crap music?

u worry DaNang doesn’t have such features for u? 

30 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Yes sorry I meshed up with the names i am talking about DaNang.. Also Dalat I curious with since its cooler but without a beach..I read taxies very effective in DaNang and with meter..

Da Nang uses Uber (or was it Grab) and it was very cheap.  Da Nang has a small but nice stretch of beach with lots of reasonably priced new hotels.  Good restaurants.  Lots of little Japanese female tourists.  Ba Na Hills is fun but don't go on a hot day you will fry.  Great place to take a girl.  Even better place to visit about 45 minutes away by taxi is Hoi An.  The old town village is a fantastic place with a girl and even on your own.  Tons of Chinese tourists now but ignore them and enjoy the area.

I'll return to Da Nang / Hoi An any time.  I will NEVER return to Sihanoukville.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

You have clearly never been to Tappaya .... and neither have I.

Saigon = Bangkok, same-same but different.

Da Nang = Hua Hin, but cleaner.

Hội An = Cha am, but less pretentious.

Nha Trang = Pattaya, with zoning but the same amount of Chinese.

Cam Ranh = Jomtien, in around 5 years time.

Vung Tau = Klongtoey, and there's nowt wrong with that.

Dalat = Khaoyai (Korat), but much closer to the sea.

Hanoi = Chiang Mai, with better coffee.

Lạng Sơn = Chiang Rai, but a lot bigger.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Saigon = Bangkok, same-same but different.

Da Nang = Hua Hin, but cleaner.

Hội An = Cha am, but less pretentious.

Nha Trang = Pattaya, with zoning but the same amount of Chinese.

Vung Tau = Klongtoey, and there's nowt wrong with that.

Dalat = Khaoyai (Korat), but much closer to the sea.

Hanoi = Chiang Mai, with better coffee.

Lạng Sơn = Chiang Rai, but a lot bigger.

Can u name some differences between the 2 countries?

I think price level such as food, condo, transport etc is nearly the same between the 2. 

Visas extensions are easier in Vietnam anything else u noticed?

15 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

I think price level such as food, condo, transport etc is nearly the same between the 2. 

If Vietnamese get sick they come to Thailand.  GDP per capita is about 3 times higher in Thailand.  https://countryeconomy.com/countries/compare/vietnam/thailand

Corruption increase 56% Vietnam vs Thailand 14% https://www.transparency.org/news/feature/corruption_in_asia_pacific_what_20000_people_told_us

In Thailand 9 die before 1 year.  Vietnam 17.  54 die childbirth out of 1000 in Thailand 20.  https://www.mylifeelsewhere.com/compare/thailand/vietnam

5 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

If Vietnamese get sick they come to Thailand.  GDP per capita is about 3 times higher in Thailand.  https://countryeconomy.com/countries/compare/vietnam/thailand

Corruption increase 56% Vietnam vs Thailand 14% https://www.transparency.org/news/feature/corruption_in_asia_pacific_what_20000_people_told_us

In Thailand 9 die before 1 year.  Vietnam 17.  54 die childbirth out of 1000 in Thailand 20.  https://www.mylifeelsewhere.com/compare/thailand/vietnam

How about aggressive  stray dogs?

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Comparable as long as you are not including Bangkok and Pattaya, assuming you want to live in a central expat area.  I found even HCMC to be cheap in comparison.  

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I wanted to visit here a couple of weeks ago but couldn't drag the other half away from Nha Trang. Tell me is it just a smaller version of the aforementioned or does it cater more to local tourists.

8 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

I wanted to visit here a couple of weeks ago but couldn't drag the other half away from Nha Trang. Tell me is it just a smaller version of the aforementioned or does it cater more to local tourists.

Hows it for visa for Thai?

5 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Already discussed extensively here, as you well know:

16 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

Great place to take a girl. 

Why would you take a girl anywhere?

Plenty of hungry local ladies everywhere in Asia and you don't need to pay their air fares to get there.

Also not taking your regular girl with you gives her a hint of danger/loss and she'll try harder when you return.

6 hours ago, Mahseer said:

Smaller and less built-up in Cam Ranh town itself, south and west of the airport. I was on business there during the last weekend of the Hùng Kings' Temple Festival. Due to an admin cock-up, our last-minute date change hadn't been passed on and our hotel was full. They were very good and found us (5 people) rooms at a new 2-star place in town which was decent and cost about 550 baht equivalent. The place was a little busy with locals and we were the only round-eyes encountered. No discernible night life. The golf course was nice but bloody hot according to my client.

The 'build it and they will come' aspect is for the planned 5-star hotels and resorts that are springing up on the road north of the airport headed towards Nha Trang. Could be nice if they don't get high-rise fever like Nha Trang.

11 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Well with Vietnamese guys I have a normal man to man relationship, never the unease I experience, almost always, with Thai men. I managed several IT projects outsourced to Vietnam, and now, I am so glad I didn't work with Thais. Also never had any responses from Thai bidders to my requests for tender... Vietnamese girls are a lot more challenging than Thais though..

Maybe I try to rephrase: Vietnamese, whatever their gender, are Engineers, warriors, friends, etc.  Thai men are mostly w....rs, while their ladies are holding the fort.

23 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Taxis are very cheap in Vietnam.  There is no taxi mafia, and they use the meter.   You can use taxis for your whole visit and it will not cost much.  

14 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:
14 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

anything to add about DaNang in comparison with Pattaya?

He directed you to another thread with a lot of info. and 157 responses.

How much more information do you need?

Archived