Fruits in alcohol (japanese style fruits in liquor?) ? what alcohol do you use ?

myshem

In Europe I used to buy preserving alcohol which was tasteless and sold quite cheaply for this purpose. It was much stronger than regular drinking alcohol (was it 70%?) and I doubt that they would sell it here. That Thai lao khao paint stripper stuff may also work, though personally I would not want it to pass my lips.

If you cant get that I would try with cheap white alcohol - ideally one with as little flavour as possible so vodka is probably best. Or for some fruits rum should also be OK.

I used to do cherries every year as we had masses of them. In Kilner jars they lasted an entire year easily, if we could leave them alone that long.

Depending on the fruit you can use white rum,dark rum,brandy.

there are some recipes online for you.

Preserve for minimum 3 months before use, then if done correctly will be useful long after you have died.

On 4/28/2019 at 7:41 AM, KittenKong said:

In Europe I used to buy preserving alcohol which was tasteless and sold quite cheaply for this purpose. It was much stronger than regular drinking alcohol (was it 70%?) and I doubt that they would sell it here. That Thai lao khao paint stripper stuff may also work, though personally I would not want it to pass my lips.

If you cant get that I would try with cheap white alcohol - ideally one with as little flavour as possible so vodka is probably best. Or for some fruits rum should also be OK.

I used to do cherries every year as we had masses of them. In Kilner jars they lasted an entire year easily, if we could leave them alone that long.

maybe this, it seems to be similar to rum ?

2117858094_2019-04-3020_31_11.thumb.jpg.9d6c5521daafba9929faaa40d0bf014c.jpg

On 5/3/2019 at 4:59 PM, Vacuum said:

Yes, it (the one  marked with an R) taste like SangSom. They also have vodka, same price 215baht.

So it must be bad if it is like Sangsom ? Is Samsung real rum ? Why people tell that it makes them sick ? any idea ?

thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/6/2019 at 10:27 AM, myshem said:

So it must be bad if it is like Sangsom ? Is Samsung real rum ? Why people tell that it makes them sick ? any idea ?

thanks.

Sangsom is excellent.  I drink it all the time with plenty of soda. Never get a hangover always get high. 

Archived