Myanmar workers packed in like sardines - with blocks of ice for cooling!

rooster59

Myanmar workers packed in like sardines - with blocks of ice for cooling!

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU1MS83NzU1MDE4L2FhYWFhLmpwZw==.jpg

Image: Sanook

After a long police chase cops in Prajuab Khiri Khan found 32 workers from Myanmar crammed into the back of an adapted pick-up like sardines.

And there were large blocks of ice acting like makeshift air-conditioning!

The drama began during a routine stop near the Singkhon border crossing. A suspect pick-up took off at speed. 

It went backwards and forwards from the checkpoint to Kuiburi before it was finally stopped by a police detail in the area of Prajuab Khiri Khan city. 

Police were not sure what they were likely to find in the back though they suspected something illegal. 

It was people - and lots of them. And they were all illegals.

Each of the 32 Myanmar workers had a small overnight bag. Great lumps of ice were surrounding them in an effort to keep them cool. 

Sanook reported that the back of the pick-up stank with sweat. 

Driver Khongrit had led police a merry dance through the province for 40 kilometers over one hour with speeds reached of 130 to 140 kmph. 

Each of the workers had paid 16,500 baht to be transported to Malaysia for work. They all came from an area near the border at Kanchanaburi. 

They bad been transported south where they crossed the border. They used a natural path route rather than go through the check post at Singkhon. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-27

I seem to remember a whole lot of Burmese workers died in the back of a truck some years ago near Chiang Rai - apparently the A/C failed. Human trafficking is horrific and I hope the perpetrators are prosecuted and jailed (and can't just buy a way out).

18 minutes ago, thenewgoo said:

I seem to remember a whole lot of Burmese workers died in the back of a truck some years ago near Chiang Rai - apparently the A/C failed. Human trafficking is horrific and I hope the perpetrators are prosecuted and jailed (and can't just buy a way out).

Could be very difficult to see a prosecution for some of the organizers of trafficking in Thailand. The other day there was a similar issue with an alleged "well connected' lady.  Big business in Thailand.

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

After a long police chase cops in Prajuab Khiri Khan found 32 workers from Myanmar crammed into the back of an adapted pick-up like sardines.

Thailand is still in th forefront of people smuggling.. I do hope the international brigade are taking notes.

What are you lot going on about human trafficking??

These people come here willingly to find work in any manner they can. When you earn roughly 75 baht a day in Myanmar and 300 baht plus in Thailand that is a pretty good incentive to travel by whatever means available.

I can assure you there is no human trafficking in the real sense going on at all.

Human transporting yes, human trafficking, no.

I say this as a person who lives and works in Myanmar and understand why they do it.

One day it was super hot and I was miserable in a bar in Hua Hin with a fan on me drinking soda water when a big truck carrying condo construction workers stopped right in front, less that five feet from where I was sitting. There was no room for them to move and they looked miserable standing up packed in like sardines. They all looked at me drinking my ice cold water. I suggested to the way over the hill but busty bar girl seated next to me she should flash her bosom at them. She declined. The workers lucked out that day. 

Anyway I did feel bad for them.

14 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

With the ice melting, wet clothes must have added to the discomfort! Reminded me of Songkran many years ago, sitting in a pool of water in the back of a pick-up in wet jeans and underwear!

But this must have been even worse for them as no doubt they were all cr$pping themselves knowing that they were being driven by a Thai man in a pick up.

And the were going to Malaysia and probably Singapore as well , the countries that are building by slaves,but there is no ranting about that at all

this people don’t have to go to another country they choose to do it, because they can earn more abroad.

Archived