Pattaya woman tells police she was raped by ‘Filipino tourist’

rooster59

7 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Of course it is rape, if happened the way the Thai girl says. 

If the Filipino man only said "sleep with her" and wanted an "all night experience",  nothing involving sexual intimacy, f@cking, sucking, or "boom boom",  was requested in his financial offering

Oh pleeeeze. 

Did she really think it was for a sleep over. No sex involved. 

He offered her 2,500, she agreed.

It was a case of " now we both know what you are, let's talk price "

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Nsp64 said:

Oh pleeeeze. 

In the "rule of law" that the woman has to describe/name the sexual act and the price she wants paid for it to be deemed an act of prostitution. 

This is why there are no prostitutes in Thailand, only paid professional therapists who come to your room or take you to their room and payment is made after completion of the therapy session.

34 minutes ago, Nsp64 said:

Oh pleeeeze. 

could it be a language misunderstanding... it happens on a daily basis

I took issue early in this thread with a moderator's characterization of the woman's role in this episode, and it looks like my comment was deleted -- only to be followed by several others making exactly the same point....

If this episode occurred as described, then the woman and the man involved were involved in an agreement to engage in prostitution, whether or not that happens to be the woman's "occupation" or not.  To that part of the deal, she allegedly consented.

However, even if that WAS the case, that doesn't change the fact that, again, if things occurred as described, at some point this changed from a sex for money exchange into a non-consensual attack/rape. Even if the woman had agreed to accept some payment earlier, that doesn't negate or excuse what the guy allegedly ended up doing.

If the police can find him, he deserves to be tossed into prison, and not for soliciting prostitution.

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I took issue early in this thread with a moderator's characterization of the woman's role in this episode, and it looks like my comment was deleted -- only to be followed by several others making exactly the same point....

If this episode occurred as described, then the woman and the man involved were involved in an agreement to engage in prostitution, whether or not that happens to be the woman's "occupation" or not.  To that part of the deal, she allegedly consented.

However, even if that WAS the case, that doesn't change the fact that, again, if things occurred as described, at some point this changed from a sex for money exchange into a non-consensual attack/rape. Even if the woman had agreed to accept some payment earlier, that doesn't negate or excuse what the guy allegedly ended up doing.

If the police can find him, he deserves to be tossed into prison, and not for soliciting prostitution.

always 2 versions to a fact....is she telling the truth or only HER truth.... should not jump into hasty conclusions

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The only thing which changed was the location of their activities. Should that be called rape? I have my doubts.

did you read the part were he dragged her into a hedge and forced himself upon her - she could easily have been murdered - but hey according to you that might not be murder either - she agreed to go with him - right ?

Hard to understand some people on here and quite shocking at how they understand serious crime like rape, do you understand what "no" means ? evidently not

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

What's the difference between Money, gold, meal out, fur coat, every woman has a price,

and it is still rape if she says "No" prostitute - wife or other, if she says no and you force the act against her will it is rape, it has nothing to do with money or a fur coat

58 minutes ago, batata said:

could it be a language misunderstanding... it happens on a daily basis

most people understand what "no" means, most people understand when you are forcing something that someone doesn't want

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Mr Rimmer, you could be right, of course, but she would then be a tourist who confirmed that she would accept money for all-night sex at the man's hotel.  This is from the OP...

...and, by the way, I am not discussing moderation (which is contrary to the forum rules), I am responding to your opinion on what was published in the OP.

Man meets woman and asks  will you sleep with me for 500,000 dollars?

She answers   probably.

He asks   will you sleep with me for 5 dollars?

She answers  what do you think I am?

He replies   that's been established, now we are just trying to agree on a price.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

did you read the part were he dragged her into a hedge and forced himself upon her - she could easily have been murdered - but hey according to you that might not be murder either - she agreed to go with him - right ?

Hard to understand some people on here and quite shocking at how they understand serious crime like rape, do you understand what "no" means ? evidently not

I read it but I didn't check the article again before I wrote my comments.

She was not murdered. I remember that part.

She was also fit enough to report what happened - she was not admitted to a hospital.

Sure what happened was against her will. But lets not forget that she agreed already to go with him for sex. And it seems she was not sure if she should go.

Would you go with anybody to anywhere if you have thoughts that the person might do you harm? I guess most of us would not do that.

Would you agree to have sex with someone who you fear might hurt you? Who would agree to that?

She voluntary took a big risk. She gambled, and she lost.

Should he be punished? Sure. He should be at least punished for assaulting her.

Should he get the same punishment like someone who raped a women who did not agree to sex and who did not go voluntary?

Over to you.

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I read it but I didn't check the article again before I wrote my comments.

She was not murdered. I remember that part.

She was also fit enough to report what happened - she was not admitted to a hospital.

Sure what happened was against her will. But lets not forget that she agreed already to go with him for sex. And it seems she was not sure if she should go.

Would you go with anybody to anywhere if you have thoughts that the person might do you harm? I guess most of us would not do that.

Would you agree to have sex with someone who you fear might hurt you? Who would agree to that?

She voluntary took a big risk. She gambled, and she lost.

Should he be punished? Sure. He should be at least punished for assaulting her.

Should he get the same punishment like someone who raped a women who did not agree to sex and who did not go voluntary?

Over to you.

Yes he should be punished for rape, if proven. You seem to have a problem understanding what rape actually is.

42 minutes ago, champers said:

Yes he should be punished for rape, if proven. You seem to have a problem understanding what rape actually is.

Does agreeing a price and then refusing to pay the full ptice constitute rape? Agree a price for a pork pie and then find it's empty pastry does refusing to pay constitute theft

Just askin.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Over to you.

dear oh dear you just aren't getting it are you

If they had gone to a hotel and were in the midst of passionate love making and she whispered "Stop" then one more stroke while you said "What?" then you can be charged with rape. Same even if married to her. I don't know how that works if she's on top and won't dismount (notice how I sidestepped saying "get off"?).

I've got to go along with the crowd who feel that once she agreed to provide sex for money, she qualified herself to be labelled a prostitute, whether it's her regular thing or not. It certainly doesn't mean that she deserves to be raped, but once she agreed to hop on motorcycle with a stranger and go somewhere to have sex for money, she stopped being a normal tourist. even if that speculation is correct. I don't think normal or average tourists just suddenly decide to sell their bodies to strangers on an impulse. 

16 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Some posts speculating the lady is a working prostitute have been removed, the  OP article  says only she was with friends,   she could be a tourist.

She accepted an offer of 2500 baht to go with him to his hotel. Does that not fit the definition? 

Being a prostitute can be a dangerous business. Not that I'm suggesting she is a prostitute, as a moderator has forbidden that. In this case, she was just a girl who needed some extra cash and freely went off with a total stranger who wanted sex - sorry, to share his bed with her as he was lonely. She's just an adventurous young lady. Plenty of those in Pattaya.

17 hours ago, smedly said:

most people understand what "no" means, most people understand when you are forcing something that someone doesn't want

what about when the NO means yes, quite sure am not the only one that had such experience with a lady playing the " no I don't want with words but the body language saying yes all over" it happens all the time, in this case I do think she said no after the fact or consumed act as he may not have handed the agreed fee, maybe a cheap charlie agreed on a price and later decided to give less

Archived