Perfect Pedigree - buying a dog

I am planning to buy a dog from Perfect Pedigree. I wanted to visit the breeder but somehow they do not let me. Makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. Does anyone has some experience with this company and buying a pet? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

They quoted me 27k baht for a Jack Russell, which I thought was way too expensive.

Bought one from a breeder in Chonburi for 6k. Really good service from him: and our new son is wonderful.

Drop me a pm, if I can help.

Not wanting to show the parents and conditions is never a good sign. Thailand does have bad track record of poor conditions and inbreeding.

It is also possible you are not dealing with the breeder directly, but someone wanting to make some money on the side by offering pups. Letting you meet the actual breeders would cost them their mark up.

Dear all - thank you very much for your comments. I appreciate that! In my "young days" our family had a Dobermann. He was actually the best family member ????

Now in my "old days" I want to have again such a wonderful dog as new family member. Unfortunately difficult to find a breeder here in Thailand. Maybe I should check more in the Internet. Maybe someone of you know one? Enjoy the Sunday and thanks again.

20 minutes ago, Swissair said:

Dear all - thank you very much for your comments. I appreciate that! In my "young days" our family had a Dobermann. He was actually the best family member ????

Now in my "old days" I want to have again such a wonderful dog as new family member. Unfortunately difficult to find a breeder here in Thailand. Maybe I should check more in the Internet. Maybe someone of you know one? Enjoy the Sunday and thanks again.

Why the need to find a "pedigree" dog ??

Local mixed breed dogs can be awesome. They are intelligent, loyal, less prone to sickness/heat effects and you can rescue one from a dog pound !!

Any dog can be "the best family member" just treat it right...

They are just acting as a broker and therefore take a large cut, the dogs are sent by the breeder that can be 100's of miles from where Perfect Pedigree are based.Obviously if potential buyers were to check out the parents then there's a chance that PP could be cut out of the deal.

55 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Local mixed breed dogs can be awesome. They are intelligent, loyal, less prone to sickness/heat effects and you can rescue one from a dog pound !!

I have one.  Rescued from death in a mud puddle when a puppy.  She's a snake pointer and house guard.  Greets me every morning with a smile.  Never has a bad day.  Short hair, healthy and adapted to Thailand. 

Why anyone would waste so much money of a pedigree dog, especially one here in Thailand, is beyond me.  

Most pedigree dog breeds today are unhealthy, full of genetic diseases and disabilities, which means the owners must spend a fortune of vet bills, operations, etc etc over the years.  Many can't even give birth naturally anymore, some can hardly breath or run, and others have skulls too small for their brain so they are in constant severe pain suffering from fits and seizures and put on medication all their lives (and all this considered acceptable and normal)!!!

I can only assume it's the same mentality as buying a designer handbag, or the current in fashion clothing.  

People are so gullible they don't even know Pedigree dogs these days are nothing like the original way these breeds were 50 or so years back, when they were healthy, bred for a real job which needed them to be fit.  Now they are bred just to meet show standards and make money for breeders, regardless of the dogs health, temperament and quality of life, or the heartache which these people will face buying a sick dog riddled with health problems.

If the OP wants a dog similar to the one he had as a child, then go around the rescue shelters or look for puppies out on the street... I am sure there will be one that has the colouring, size and basic shape of a Dobermann, and which will probably be more healthy and will also FREE and he will be giving a home to a dog that needs one.

14 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I agree, any dog can be the best family member....which dog lover would not treat it right

13 hours ago, alfieconn said:

They are just acting as a broker and therefore take a large cut, the dogs are sent by the breeder that can be 100's of miles from where Perfect Pedigree are based.Obviously if potential buyers were to check out the parents then there's a chance that PP could be cut out of the deal.

yes, I think you are right, very strange how they act. Where I come from breeders wants to see the buyer (and everything around them) before they sell them a dog. Dog comes first...how nice this is

13 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Why anyone would waste so much money of a pedigree dog, especially one here in Thailand, is beyond me.  

Most pedigree dog breeds today are unhealthy, full of genetic diseases and disabilities, which means the owners must spend a fortune of vet bills, operations, etc etc over the years.  Many can't even give birth naturally anymore, some can hardly breath or run, and others have skulls too small for their brain so they are in constant severe pain suffering from fits and seizures and put on medication all their lives (and all this considered acceptable and normal)!!!

I can only assume it's the same mentality as buying a designer handbag, or the current in fashion clothing.  

People are so gullible they don't even know Pedigree dogs these days are nothing like the original way these breeds were 50 or so years back, when they were healthy, bred for a real job which needed them to be fit.  Now they are bred just to meet show standards and make money for breeders, regardless of the dogs health, temperament and quality of life, or the heartache which these people will face buying a sick dog riddled with health problems.

If the OP wants a dog similar to the one he had as a child, then go around the rescue shelters or look for puppies out on the street... I am sure there will be one that has the colouring, size and basic shape of a Dobermann, and which will probably be more healthy and will also FREE and he will be giving a home to a dog that needs one.

yes, would be wonderful if the people think/care for the animals, not only profit

14 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I have one.  Rescued from death in a mud puddle when a puppy.  She's a snake pointer and house guard.  Greets me every morning with a smile.  Never has a bad day.  Short hair, healthy and adapted to Thailand. 

Nice!!

Archived