Immigration lawyer

OP, you may have trouble finding a lawyer that does immigration law, nobody uses a lawyer to address immigration issues, argue a case with immigration etc. Some lawyers will offer the same service as visa agents etc but wont be experts in immigration law.
Each immigration office is often a law unto itself having there own interpretation and practice of the immigration act, law etc.

There are several guys on this forum who probably know more than lawyers, especially the practicial application and enforcement, they speak English and they are free.

I fully agree with you. That’s one of the problems with visas.

By the way does anyone know if we are still obliged to apply for visa where we live or if we can go to Bangkok ?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

32 minutes ago, John Hanon said:

The charming lady in charge of family visa rejected my renewal application because of the new rules... It was my 12th renewal... for the past 3 months i had not transferred enough money to my account (some family problems in Europe). She told my wife a lot of gobbledygook, and gave me 60 days. I want to check my options to get a new family visa, income is no more a problem.

Have you been transferring the funds in every month from abroad for some time now.

Have you averaged 40k baht or more for the past year. In other words have you transferred at least a total of 480k baht for the past year.

Try again to do the extension near the end of 60 days and present proof of all your transfers for the past year.

If not then you could go out to get a new non-o visa based upon marriage and apply again. 

Have you been transferring the funds in every month from abroad for some time now.
Have you averaged 40k baht or more for the past year. In other words have you transferred at least a total of 480k baht for the past year.
Try again to do the extension near the end of 60 days and present proof of all your transfers for the past year.
If not then you could go out to get a new non-o visa based upon marriage and apply again. 

The lady will not entertain a new application unless I have 400k in an account under my name only or 800k if it is a joint account with my wife. For the past 12 months I have transferred about 450k, plus 100k using my Belgian credit card and 30k on my son’s account, but she refused to look beyond the last 3 months on the joint account

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

23 minutes ago, John Hanon said:

The lady will not entertain a new application unless I have 400k in an account under my name only or 800k if it is a joint account with my wife. For the past 12 months I have transferred about 450k, plus 100k using my Belgian credit card and 30k on my son’s account, but she refused to look beyond the last 3 months on the joint account

Are you from Belgium? Have you considered getting proof of income from your embassy to prove 40k baht income.

22 minutes ago, John Hanon said:

Can we apply for a non-O here in Asia (Penang, Pnomh Penh or Vientiane) or do we need to go back to our country?

You can apply for a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane with no financial proof. You can get a single entry or multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet with no financial proof.

In Penang you will need to show 400k baht in the bank for a single or multiple entry visa.

Ubonjoe I have used the proof of income for the past 12 years, including this one ... the charming lady refused to consider it this time. Thank you for the non-O info. Will go there most probably

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

6 minutes ago, John Hanon said:

Ubonjoe I have used the proof of income for the past 12 years, including this one ... the charming lady refused to consider it this time. Thank you for the non-O info. Will go there most probably

Proof income is still allowed using a proof of income from your embassy.

It is written in the new rules that also allows transferring the funds into a Thai bank if you cannot get the income letter.

You certainly have grounds to complain by calling 1178.

You can download the rules in English and Thai here at 16 and 17,

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John Hanon said:

I have no intention to cave in to that person. Call me stubborn. But thank you for your comment

I respect your determination. While Thailand still has a third world attitude towards the rule of law, and paying officials to do their jobs, it is enormously aggravating to those of us from generally law abiding countries to come across this. I strongly suggest you look into the multiple entry Non O option, though you also need to consider how you will do the 90-day border hops. You must avoid the Poipet/Aranyaprathet border crossing (superficially convenient from Pattaya) which is even more lawless than the Jomtien family desk.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, John Hanon said:

Thank you. As you say, the border hop every 3 months could be tiring... i am 73 years old

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

so just to clarify

Did you get an income letter from your embassy to support your application

and if so

is she rejecting the letter 

and if so 

on what grounds - did she ask for further proof of income from home that you could not provide ?

If you have complied with the rules then I think you would be justified in using the help line in a tactical pleasant way perhaps using the approach that you don't understand something 

hope you get things sorted for you 

Both of the Pattaya Expat Clubs usually have lawyers in attendance who will give advice for free. Although I cannot attest as to whether they are good lawyers. 

Magna Carta gets a lot of mention around Pattaya.

• Like 2

Yes, i had the income letter, as for the pas 12 years

Yes she just put it aside

No reason given and just a request for the bank letter, which of course did not show the required 40k (some family problems in Europe)

It was the 12 or 13th application, so I would say i have a certain experience (lol).

Thank you for your suggested approach

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1