new retirement visa rules

icare999

"I got my extension no problem but not told anything about

new rules".

Just curious. if you already got your extention ...why you care about new rules now ...at least wait till next year if you are looking for something to worry about?

5 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

"I got my extension no problem but not told anything about

new rules".

Just curious. if you already got your extention ...why you care about new rules now ...at least wait till next year if you are looking for something to worry about?

That's why I asked what method!

If he did a bank method not complying with the new rules would mean his next year's application would be REJECTED.

If income method, if he uses embassy letters, no concern, if monthly import then he probably already knows that next year he'll need to show that for 12 months.

Applicants for retirement visas must be at least 50 years old. Foreign retirees must either show a monthly income of at least 65,000 baht or hold a minimum of 800,000 baht in Thai banks.  

The minimum amount of 800,000 baht must have been deposited two months before any visa application is filed

They must maintain that amount for three months after a visa or extension is grantedafter which they can only take out half.

The accounts have to bear the same names as the applicants. Spouses’ bank accounts are not eligible.

Four embassies in Thailand – Britain, the United States, Denmark and Australia – stopped issuing affidavits certifying the monthly incomes of applicants from their respective countries, so it is critical that foreign retires understand the requirements and ensure they have funds that correspond to rules.

You will find out when you renew..

That would be a very sad day indeed if he's doing a 800k method application and shows up as having failed to properly post season the money on previous application. Ignorance isn't always bliss.

To comply don't go under 800k for 3 months after and then not under 400k until the beginning of the next pre seasoning period.

Fun huh?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, bangkokequity said:

Applicants for retirement visas must be at least 50 years old. Foreign retirees must either show a monthly income of at least 65,000 baht or hold a minimum of 800,000 baht in Thai banks.  

The minimum amount of 800,000 baht must have been deposited two months before any visa application is filed

They must maintain that amount for three months after a visa or extension is grantedafter which they can only take out half.

The accounts have to bear the same names as the applicants. Spouses’ bank accounts are not eligible.

Four embassies in Thailand – Britain, the United States, Denmark and Australia – stopped issuing affidavits certifying the monthly incomes of applicants from their respective countries, so it is critical that foreign retires understand the requirements and ensure they have funds that correspond to rules.

Nicely written but why on earth did you go to the trouble of writting an essay about something that 99% of people on here know already.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I doubt 99 percent or even close really know all that.

Oh I dont know. Its been rammed down our throats enough times. Maybe a few newbies wont know. But seasoned experts like you Jing could quote the rules in their sleep lol

4 minutes ago, jimn said:

Oh I dont know. Its been rammed down our throats enough times. Maybe a few newbies wont know. But seasoned experts like you Jing could quote the rules in their sleep lol

You may be surprised how much most people don't know. I'm surprised that you think they do.

18 hours ago, bangkokequity said:

The two months prior is only for first time applicants for renewals the requirement is 3 months prior a lot of people are being mislead by this .

The two months prior is only for first time applicants for renewals the requirement is 3 months prior a lot of people are being mislead by this .
That's the OLD rules.
Under the NEW rules it's TWO months before for ALL.
But wait!
Reports already coming in that some offices are INCORRECTLY still enforcing THREE months.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I've not followed all the updated rules that closely but enough so that the one obvious question that persists in my head is; Did TI ever OFFICIALLY state the REASON for the 800k to be not be touched for extended time and never fall below 400k.? 

To me this is the real issue which will decide if I stay or go...

This type of capital control could get worse and worse.

Not to mention it's just so damn...thainess..

(Don't ACTUALLY BAN AGENTS who are ILLEGALLY assisting applications by using third party funds. Just transfer the burden to the foreigner and lock their money down!)

Keeps the backdoor open AND good business with the banks.

They just can't help the way they think. Bad, obvious liars. Adopting an us Vs them approach...(zenophobia? Like so many here claim and others reject?)

They could (and should) just raise the damn application fee incrementally with PLANS for expansion, improved service etc. I could understand and accept that.

3 hours ago, Oww said:

I've not followed all the updated rules that closely but enough so that the one obvious question that persists in my head is; Did TI ever OFFICIALLY state the REASON for the 800k to be not be touched for extended time and never fall below 400k.? 

To me this is the real issue which will decide if I stay or go...

This type of capital control could get worse and worse.

Not to mention it's just so damn...thainess..

(Don't ACTUALLY BAN AGENTS who are ILLEGALLY assisting applications by using third party funds. Just transfer the burden to the foreigner and lock their money down!)

Keeps the backdoor open AND good business with the banks.

They just can't help the way they think. Bad, obvious liars. Adopting an us Vs them approach...(zenophobia? Like so many here claim and others reject?)

They could (and should) just raise the damn application fee incrementally with PLANS for expansion, improved service etc. I could understand and accept that.

I don't think there was any official statement from immigration central.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a visa service and it's time to extend my retirement visa. I have an account with Bangkok Bank and my retirement payment is direct deposited every month. I just went to my branch and was told it would take 3 days to get a income letter. is this generally the case? 

Also my agent is telling me to get a years worth of bank statements. I can't for the life of me see why I need this.

I'm in Chiang Mai. Has anyone else been required to provide bank statements?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 4:46 PM, Jeffkp said:

I use a visa service and it's time to extend my retirement visa. I have an account with Bangkok Bank and my retirement payment is direct deposited every month. I just went to my branch and was told it would take 3 days to get a income letter. is this generally the case? 

Also my agent is telling me to get a years worth of bank statements. I can't for the life of me see why I need this.

I'm in Chiang Mai. Has anyone else been required to provide bank statements?

Thanks.

Here is one of the 1%ers... :coffee1:

Archived