Elon Musk to face defamation lawsuit for calling Thai cave rescuer “pedo guy”

rooster59

To anyone who had seen a plan of the cave system and the route needed to be taken to extract the boys, which was openly available in the media and I'm sure was available to Musk, would instantly know that it was completely impractical. Far too big and rigid. How does it go round all those tight bends, some of which the divers had to remove their tanks to get through?

You, and Musk, are having a laugh!

I'm sure at the time the Thai authorities were thinking of widening the passage ways. The sub wasn't going to be used immediately. Elon had just ordered supplies for several months. The sub would have been used later on.

Still, Vernon threw the first stone and got one back. A school yard spat was all it was. But now he's got a greedy lawyer and haters surrounding him like a pack of hungry wolves.

I say this is between Vernon and Elon. Put on some gloves and fight it out in the ring. Sell tickets and donate the proceeds to charity.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Spidey said:
On 4/28/2019 at 12:00 PM, Wilsonandson said:

Elon Musk is alleged to have written in an email to a BuzzFeed reporter: "He's an old, single white guy from England who's been travelling to or living in Thailand for 30 to 40 years, mostly Pattaya Beach, until moving to Chiang Rai for a child bride who was about 12 years old at the time.

"There's only one reason people go to Pattaya Beach. It isn't where you go for caves, but it is where you'd go for something else. Chiang Rai is renowned for child sex-trafficking."

He reportedly added: "As for this alleged threat of a lawsuit, which magically appeared when I raised the issue (nothing was sent or raised beforehand), I hope he f****** sues"

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/elon-musk-thai-cave-rescuer-accusations-buzzfeed-email

It's not an allegation, the email has been published and Musk hasn't denied sending it. No doubt, it will be brought up as evidence in court, if the case ever gets that far.

It was a direct insult to everyone who has made their lives in Thailand.

Personally, I think that alone should have formed the basis of a class action suit against him. I would certainly have joined it.

i guess i am the sole exception that never felt insulted and/or took it personally

really, a "class action lawsuit" comprised of litigants that never reached adulthood / maturity

49 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

I'm sure at the time the Thai authorities were thinking of widening the passage ways. The sub wasn't going to be used immediately. Elon had just ordered supplies for several months. The sub would have been used later on.

Still, Vernon threw the first stone and got one back. A school yard spat was all it was. But now he's got a greedy lawyer and haters surrounding him like a pack of hungry wolves.

I say this is between Vernon and Elon. Put on some gloves and fight it out in the ring. Sell tickets and donate the proceeds to charity.

No , it wasnt just a "school yard spat" , or that maybe true in Verns case 

But Musk made serious allegations of law breaking , it wasnt just return name calling , it made the serious allegation that Vern married a 12 year old girl .

It wasnt just a one off quip either , Musk continued to make the allegation , kept rep[eating it and saying that it wasnt an allegation, but a fact

56 minutes ago, canopy said:

Elon consulted the cave experts in Thailand in the design. In fact it was because of the experts it ended up a sub rather than a bouncy castle. Elon's first idea was a long rubber tube pumped up with air the kids would crawl all the way through without contacting water, but the experts saw a sub as a more practical approach. There were a number of submarines made customized for different cave sections, including this low profile, flexible one for the tight passage known as "the choke point" you refer to. All subs were designed, built, tested by experts, and delivered in unimaginably tight schedules. However, the gears of rescue had already begun turning and it was too late to see usage. Elon deserves credit for trying his best to help. What did you do? It was a slap in the face at the time everyone was in relief and celebration the kids were safely rescued that this foul mouthed geezer stepped up to a cnn microphone for the sole purpose of spouting a bunch of insults at Elon. Despicable and unnecessary.

ms.jpg.09524bc9ecd4a778824b4949db49d63a.jpg

vu.png.1e6103133784ff73fa6dd282c26fc89d.png

Very funny Vern. But we aren't laughing. I see people doing their very best to help.

It was the fact that Musk turned it into the *Elon Musk rescue attempt" show .

Thousand of rescuers were underground risking their lives to save the kids , Musk was in the T.V studios telling everyone about hisboring machines and how fast they could bore and that he wants to send some too Mars 

It was Musk using the rescue to publicise his companies that caused irk

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

To anyone who had seen a plan of the cave system and the route needed to be taken to extract the boys, which was openly available in the media and I'm sure was available to Musk, would instantly know that it was completely impractical. Far too big and rigid. How does it go round all those tight bends, some of which the divers had to remove their tanks to get through?

You, and Musk, are having a laugh!

It was just an idea at the time many people were offering ideas there were talks of drilling from above etc but time run out.
Were all the other ideas just a waste of time?
Everyone was just happy when the kids were saved but Unsworth has to go on CNN just one day after and start throwing insults.

On 4/28/2019 at 10:41 AM, racket said:

I hope Musk wins and that Unsworth ends up paying Elon for the stupid comments he made. That would be really fun to see! 

I don't get the joke actually? or just trolling?

Luckily most realise musk is a fuk wit and tells his investors to stop asking boring questions such as when will tesla see profit?

36 minutes ago, monkfish said:

It was just an idea at the time many people were offering ideas there were talks of drilling from above etc but time run out.
Were all the other ideas just a waste of time?
Everyone was just happy when the kids were saved but Unsworth has to go on CNN just one day after and start throwing insults.

no, it was obviously a bit of showboating my musk, an attempt to get publicity by exploiting a bunch of hapless kids

would be better if musk did something to help the chinese people who died around the same time.

thailand did not care about that much at the time.

speaking to friends from China I understand that is still a bit of bad feeling about this and I hope it continues

6 minutes ago, manchega said:

no, it was obviously a bit of showboating my musk, an attempt to get publicity by exploiting a bunch of hapless kids

would be better if musk did something to help the chinese people who died around the same time.

thailand did not care about that much at the time.

speaking to friends from China I understand that is still a bit of bad feeling about this and I hope it continues

Err It was Unsworth that went on CNN one day after the rescue.

1 hour ago, canopy said:

Elon consulted the cave experts in Thailand in the design. In fact it was because of the experts it ended up a sub rather than a bouncy castle. Elon's first idea was a long rubber tube pumped up with air the kids would crawl all the way through without contacting water, but the experts saw a sub as a more practical approach. There were a number of submarines made customized for different cave sections, including this low profile, flexible one for the tight passage known as "the choke point" you refer to. All subs were designed, built, tested by experts, and delivered in unimaginably tight schedules. However, the gears of rescue had already begun turning and it was too late to see usage. Elon deserves credit for trying his best to help. What did you do? It was a slap in the face at the time everyone was in relief and celebration the kids were safely rescued that this foul mouthed geezer stepped up to a cnn microphone for the sole purpose of spouting a bunch of insults at Elon. Despicable and unnecessary.

ms.jpg.09524bc9ecd4a778824b4949db49d63a.jpg

vu.png.1e6103133784ff73fa6dd282c26fc89d.png

Very funny Vern. But we aren't laughing. I see people doing their very best to help.

Who else deserves credit for trying to help, please name them.

7 minutes ago, monkfish said:

Err It was Unsworth that went on CNN one day after the rescue.

CNN sought him out. CNN asked him for his opinion of Musk's "submarine". He gave a very short but honest answer to a question that he had neither courted nor wanted. He's British and lives in the boonies. Likely that he'd never heard of CNN. 

8 minutes ago, manchega said:

I guess if this is googled enough the name musk, elon musk, tesla etc. will be associated with pedo and paedophilia, which will be good for the shareholders

Tesla is in the high class (expensive) car range , and now when I see Tesla mentioned , I have an image of a proven liar , drug taking in studios and calling rescue workers "pedos" , making false accusations and going to Court numerous times because of his lies .

You can understand that potential Tesla customers , dont was to be associated with the brand , do not  buy the cars and sales targets are not met 

Musk did not only offend Vern, but he offended all of us who choose to live in Thailand, with his remark "paedo guy" and other following the same pattern. 
So Musk think we choose to live in Thailand because of easy access to kids. 

I hope the lawyer does a good job. 

Just now, balo said:

Musk did not only offend Vern, but he offended all of us who choose to live in Thailand, with his remark "paedo guy" and other following the same pattern. 
So Musk think we choose to live in Thailand because of easy access to kids. 

I hope the lawyer does a good job. 

Yes , said something like *Why else would a Western guy choose to live in Thailand if he wasnt a pedo*

Musk has suggested that ALL westerners living in Thailand are pedos

12 minutes ago, Spidey said:

CNN sought him out. CNN asked him for his opinion of Musk's "submarine". He gave a very short but honest answer to a question that he had neither courted nor wanted. He's British and lives in the boonies. Likely that he'd never heard of CNN. 

Oh yea sure and I guess THE SUN sought him and his mum out as well?
Funny that the Divers didn't get sought out.

2 hours ago, atyclb said:

i guess i am the sole exception that never felt insulted and/or took it personally

really, a "class action lawsuit" comprised of litigants that never reached adulthood / maturity

You dont care that now all your family and friends back home may now think that the only reason that you live in Thailand is because you are a pedo , as that is what Musk stated

No , it wasnt just a "school yard spat" , or that maybe true in Verns case 
But Musk made serious allegations of law breaking , it wasnt just return name calling , it made the serious allegation that Vern married a 12 year old girl .
   It wasnt just a one off quip either , Musk continued to make the allegation , kept rep[eating it and saying that it wasnt an allegation, but a fact

Yes it was a school yard spat. Vernon Unsworth started it. Making Elon angry after all the hardwork he had done to try and help the trapped boys.

Elons choice of words to annoy Vernon wasn't the best, but you say silly things when your angry. Vernon then thought he'd go one better and sue the rich man for some of his money. I wonder if that was his intention in all this. He had a chance to make some easy money. Maybe thats why he insulted Elon?

Elon got angrier. Decided to send that email on sex tourism. Vernon saw it and rubbed his hands together and sought out the best defamation lawyer in the USA, Lin Wood. A superstar lawyer well known for winning cases.

Vernon Unsworth knows what he's doing. I wonder if he discussed it days before over a few beers with his diving buddies.

Is this true? Just a wild stab in the dark. Who knows. Money does strange things to people.

Would you take 75K to be accused of being a pedo even though everyone knows you're not? Just an embarassing week or two in your life.

6 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Yes it was a school yard spat. Vernon Unsworth started it. Making Elon angry after all the hardwork he had done to try and help the trapped boys.

Elons choice of words to annoy Vernon wasn't the best, but you say silly things when your angry. Vernon then thought he'd go one better and sue the rich man for some of his money. I wonder if that was his intention in all this. He had a chance to make some easy money. Maybe thats why he insulted Elon?

Elon got angrier. Decided to send that email on sex tourism. Vernon saw it and rubbed his hands together and sought out the best defamation lawyer in the USA, Lin Wood. A superstar lawyer well known for winning cases.

Vernon Unsworth knows what he's doing. I wonder if he discussed it days before over a few beers with his diving buddies.

Is this true? Just a wild stab in the dark. Who knows. Money does strange things to people.

Would you take 75K to be accused of being a pedo even though everyone knows you're not? Just an embarassing week or two in your life.

No, it was far more than a "school yard spat" , its was a specific serious allegation of breaking the law  , an allegation which was made up .

It wasnt an "E-mail on sex tourism" , it was a public allegation , which was made numerous times of pedophilia and having a 12 year old Wife .

That isnt childish name calling , that is a direct allegation .

Vern needs to take legal action to clear his  name  , otherwise people will think that the reason why he didnt pursue this in court, was because Musk was right .

Even  numerous posters on TVF thought that theres no smoke without fire and Musks allegations are true

No, it was far more than a "school yard spat" , its was a specific serious allegation of breaking the law  , an allegation which was made up .
   It wasnt an "E-mail on sex tourism" , it was a public allegation , which was made numerous times of pedophilia and having a 12 year old Wife .
  That isnt childish name calling , that is a direct allegation .
Vern needs to take legal action to clear his  name  , otherwise people will think that the reason why he didnt pursue this in court, was because Musk was right .
   Even  numerous posters on TVF thought that theres no smoke without fire and Musks allegations are true

Oh come on have you seen Elon Musk's twitter and tweets?

It's all childish humour. Even as I write this his avatar is a cartoon. He recently wrote a song about a gorilla. He just got angry and went a bit too far that's all.

Another thing is he did apologise to Vernon. But Vernon wants his paycheck. Nice retirement fund. I bet if Vernon picked up the phone and called Elon, then he'd see his life change. He'd see what a nice guy Elon really is. Elon would probably fly him and his family out to his LA home. Make friends. Heck, Vernon's caving expertise might help understand Mars. The two could pioneer future Mars expeditions. Who knows.

At the moment there's too much negativity.

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

It's all childish humour. Even as I write this his avatar is a cartoon. He recently wrote a song about a gorilla. He just got angry and went a bit too far that's all.

Another thing is he did apologise to Vernon. But Vernon wants his paycheck. Nice retirement fund. I bet if Vernon picked up the phone and called Elon, then he'd see his life change. He'd see what a nice guy Elon really is. Elon would probably fly him and his family out to his LA home. Make friends. Heck, Vernon's caving expertise might help understand Mars. The two could pioneer future Mars expeditions. Who knows.

You're quite the dreamer, I expect Musk will just quietly settle and do so on the grounds that he can't talk about all this again to the press, and that will be it, but sure Mars, its what all the big boys are talking about these days.

58 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

I havent seen all of Musks tweets , are you saying that ll his tweets are not serious and that hes really a comedian and all his tweets are supposed to be taken as jokes ?

Musk did NOT apologise to Vern or retract the allegation , Musk was forced into apologizing for writing the tweets by share holders .

Although Musk did opologise for writing the tweets , he didnt actually retract the allegation or opologise to Vern 

3 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

vernon wants 60,000 pounds but will accept 800,000 thai baht

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

All from Americans and Musk's fanboys.

Same as in this thread.

4 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

3 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

I really don't know about negativity, but there is certainly plenty of flailing around "stabbing in the dark"!

Mr Unsworth used a common, if not particularly subtle, expression, a colloquial expression which was not intended to be taken literally, and is perhaps justified by the obvious unsuitability of the much vaunted submarine.

Mr Musk responded with very specific allegations, of an explicitly unsavoury nature, on both Twitter ( arguably to be ignored as the twittering of an idiot) but also in a detailed e mail to a press outlet. Allegations which, perhaps, (and maybe that was the intention) could have led to a very intrusive investigation into Mr Unsworth's private life. He has provided no evidence for those allegations - other than ,"everyone knows why men go to Thailand".

That is defamation, Mr Unsworth's comments were not.

Good luck to him.

I really don't know about negativity, but there is certainly plenty of flailing around "stabbing in the dark"!

Mr Unsworth used a common, if not particularly subtle, expression, a colloquial expression which was not intended to be taken literally, and is perhaps justified by the obvious unsuitability of the much vaunted submarine.

Mr Musk responded with very specific allegations, of an explicitly unsavoury nature, on both Twitter ( arguably to be ignored as the twittering of an idiot) but also in a detailed e mail to a press outlet. Allegations which, perhaps, (and maybe that was the intention) could have led to a very intrusive investigation into Mr Unsworth's private life. He has provided no evidence for those allegations - other than ,"everyone knows why men go to Thailand".

That is defamation, Mr Unsworth's comments were not.

Good luck to him.

So telling Elon to stick his submarine up his bum and have your mother saying Elon needs to be lined up against a wall and shot is not defamation? Hmm? I call BS.

1 minute ago, Wilsonandson said:

So telling Elon to stick his submarine up his bum and have your mother saying Elon needs to be lined up against a wall and shot is not defamation? Hmm? I call BS.

Well you would wouldn't you? As an American and a Musk fanboy, he can do no wrong, whereas Brits can do no right. We get it. Boring.

2 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Although the comment was "where the sun dont shine" and no, that isnt "defamation" and Verns Mum has every right  to say things about Musk, AFTER he falsly accused her son of being a pedo  

2 hours ago, atyclb said:

vernon wants 60,000 pounds but will accept 800,000 thai baht

And you know this how?

Do you know Vern personally or anything about him?

59 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Call BS all you like but what Musk said was defamation.

I am a 74 year old man and I live in Thailand.

There is a 14 year old boy living in my house.

Does that make me a pedophile, or the father of a 14 year old son by my second marriage to a child bride, who while she wasn't actually 12, she was 28 when we met and 35 when we married.

Unless you KNOW the all facts (I don't) then I call your post BS.

Musk's submarine was tested but in a swimming pool and nowhere like reality.

If I were in Vern's place, I would probably have said something similar but not necessarily as politely.

Archived