Visa exemption after TV with 30 day extension

Hi im currently planing to do a border hop to get my first visa exemption this year. Currently ive been in Thailand 90 days on a TV with an 30 day extension.

The border i plan to cross and reenter is at Nong Khai. Any advice on this plan?

Do i have to stay in laos over night or can i just go back to thailand after i had a coffee in laos? Additionaly i should clarify that the past 3 years ive spent 4-5 months per year in thailand on touristvisas, i am 33 years old caucasian. This time i planned on getting another tourist visa but didnt realize they implemented an online appointement system and the waiting period is very long. Do you think i will be ok going for an visa exemption?

Thank you

No problem to do a border hop at Nong Khai. You can enter Laos then turn around and come right back.

Just remember after that visa exempt entry you will only be able to do 1 more this year at a land border crossing.

• Thanks 1

Thanks alot for the quick reply ????

Would you say if things stay as they are currently its generaly better to go for a new TV in Vientianne or is a 1 time border hop relieable enough if i want to keep my mode of operation going? ie 3 monts TV then added 2 months.

Thank you

edit: oh and do i need to have 20k baht on me and a flight ticket out for the border hop i aim to to do now?

Edited by Brulak