TM30 Online, are people using it ?

9 hours ago, JohnnyBKK said:

No password for me too, I moved in the apartment 1 month ago now, couldn't do the tm30 yet because of this issue.

It is possible that the owner of your apartment building has already registered the property with the online TM30 system, so you can not register it subsequently.

And if you were to register it, using the owners ID/house reg., then no one else could register it.

I'd chat with the owner to formulae a TM30 strategy which works for them, you and other potential foreigners.

We are trying to sign up on the TM30 site. My wife fails to enter anything in the "Position" field (dropdown menu is not working), and the field for "Register at" is greyed out.

I tried all browsers I had, also disabling anything which might interfere. Even opened it up on my phone. No success at all. Any solution to this?

TM30 registration failure.jpg

Edited by Bertil
no reason

10 minutes ago, Bertil said:

We are trying to sign up on the TM30 site. My wife fails to enter anything in the "Position" field (dropdown menu is not working), and the field for "Register at" is greyed out.

I tried all browsers I had, also disabling anything which might interfere. Even opened it up on my phone. No success at all. Any solution to this?

TM30 registration failure.jpg

Which browsers including estimate of version (old/new may be good enough)

Which version of Windows/Linux?

I remember I had trouble with register at window not working. It was I think sensitive to the data registered above.

Rough guess.

Start again with a blank form. Does Position window open?

Now start entering settings in other windows, each time testing the Position window.

You can try various settings whether or not they are correct for your case.

Edited by rabas

Thanks for your answer.

Already tried to do the procedure again, no success.

Two different computers with Windows 10, Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome. Antivirus and adblock disabled.

iPhone and Android phones with Chrome.

9 minutes ago, Bertil said:

Thanks for your answer.

Already tried to do the procedure again, no success.

Two different computers with Windows 10, Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome. Antivirus and adblock disabled.

iPhone and Android phones with Chrome.

Windows 10 might be a bit too new for Thai immigration. Just now I tried

Linux + Firefox

Win 7 + Firefox

and both could access the Position window

but only after I entered The Accommodation type

image.png.b73bf6a872600fa38892cc7c5aad2df4.png

@rabas

Successful now. Suddenly everything worked, we were able to use the dropdown menu and nothing was greyed out.

It had nothing to do with antivirus or adblock, or even Windows 10. Just a temporary glitch.

Edited by Bertil
no reason

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

It is possible that the owner of your apartment building has already registered the property with the online TM30 system, so you can not register it subsequently.

And if you were to register it, using the owners ID/house reg., then no one else could register it.

I'd chat with the owner to formulae a TM30 strategy which works for them, you and other potential foreigners.

Landlords don't give a damn about TM30 as anyway it's the farang who pay the fines at the end of the day. This TM30 thing is a fiasco, landlords are supposed to be the ones reporting us because a criminal will not report himself.... us doing reports ourselves is ridiculous, they wont catch a single criminal this way.

Also you can't expect the landlord to know each of your movements to report you all the time, this law is broken.

55 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

Also you can't expect the landlord to know each of your movements to report you all the time, this law is broken.

We've set up a system whereby tenants notify us when they leave, and when they return, along with any "new" details, which is usually just the new TM6 number. This is all done via a LINE group, which everyone agreed to utilize. The spreadsheet is updated, uploaded, a screengrab is made and returned to the tenant. It's been working well for us so far. (We also do a screenshot on the mobile app, and forward that to the tenant.)

You can wait for your registration approval, but I still would check with the landlord, and see if I could work with them on a strategy which helps everyone.

Married to a wonderful Thai lady for over 13 years now we were  planning to retire in Thailand before the end of this year. We have build a nice house, we have a car there, and for now we spend a few months every year there.

Increasingly it is becoming more and more a hasle. The 400k in the bank (extension based on marriage) not a problem,  we certainly have more than that in savings why not keep some of that in a Thai bank. medical insurance is becoming a problem,(pre-existing conditions, age) And now this TM30 issue.

Coming to Thailand so long now, I forgot how long. We travel many places, never had a problem in the past. In our retirement we wanted  to take short trips and see Thailand.

Now it seems like a hassle. 

Both me and the wife we are assessing our plans, when retired and older who needs all these hassles?  

For now the house will remain a vacation home, while we monitor the situation in Thailand. If things don't improve put the house on the market and rent while we are there, difficult to maintain a home when you are there only a few months per year.

Anyway, we will see..

A post lobbying members to sign a petition that has been posted across multiple topics has been removed:

Forum Netiquette

4. Please do not post the same thing across multiple forums. Such posts will be deleted and only one post allowed to remain

I stay in my girlfriends house , have done a physical TM 30 in my local IO some time ago, i do not possess a yellow book.

Just looking at registering for TM 30 online.

Which would be the correct way to do do this ?

1) Register in my name , with a copy of her id, blue book and my passport.

or

2) Register in her name , with same above copies.

8 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Which would be the correct way to do do this ?

My recommendation would be to have her register in her name with her ID and her blue book.

It's simpler that way, or so we've been told by Imm. officials.

Then, once registered, approved and a new PW established, she can file a TM30 online for you.

You could help her register, if necessary. Once approved, you could of course submit a TM30 yourself.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

If that happens, the second person trying to register gets an error message saying that the property is already registered.

tm30 Notification of Residence via Section39 App

Questions :

1)     Is it each time mandatory to fill in every single field (except Check-out Date) or just the ones that changed since last                   notification ?

2)     Is it necessary each time to submit a Frontpage Photo/MRZ scan and also submit the passport number again if one is                  registered with those ?

3)     Re type of visa does NON (A …… 1 ……) cover the one year marriage extension ?

Thanks for your input.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, davehowden said:

From applying to receiving password and being able to use it took 4 days including a Saturday and Sunday.

Location Chiang Mai, using Chrome. 

Mine 10 weeks, submitted using app (iOS) at Chaeng Wattana.

Downloaded the app  (Section38).... and after the initial process, got the USERID and PWD and registered online after  I came back from abroad.

Today, one month later I went to Immigration for my yearly visa. I printed the TM30 from the online app with all details on it.

The officer would not accept the printout and I had to make a new TM30  (1/2 hour waiting) to get a HANDWRITTEN paper with the same information which I had on my printout.

So if you renew your visa, make sure to get the TM30 from the immigration office as

you will loose time, if you don't have the handwritten paper with a stamp.

Can not see the sense for the online system. 

Edited by Niggi
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have signed up for TM30 online and got my ID and password within a few days. No problem here.

The problem is the form you have to fill in. It’s made for hotels not for Farangs.

There is 4 different dates you have to fill in. check in date, check out date, arrival date, expire date.

Now comes the difficult part; Visa type. What do you choose? Retirement does not exist here.

Next problem arriving from?  Here are 17 pages. But not easy to get from one page to the next page.

If they expect Farangs to use TM30 it would be nice if there was a  TM 30 for Farangs, not only for hotels.

• Thanks 1