TM30 Online, are people using it ?

• 3 weeks later...

Clarification please.  I  rent a condo.  My lease specifies that I am responsible for all TM-30s except the initial one.  My condo is owned by a foreigner with and unknown nationality other than Thai or Chinese. The lease is managed by an agency.

On the TM-30 registration form, it asks for the house number, which I should be able to get.  At the bottom of the registration form, in Thai and in red, is a place to upload documents.

In my case, what documents would those be? 

Clarification please.  I  rent a condo.  My lease specifies that I am responsible for all TM-30s except the initial one.  My condo is owned by a foreigner with and unknown nationality other than Thai or Chinese. The lease is managed by an agency.
On the TM-30 registration form, it asks for the house number, which I should be able to get.  At the bottom of the registration form, in Thai and in red, is a place to upload documents.
The house number can be found in the blue book for your condo.
You need to register as the possessor and upload a copy of your passport and rental contract. Files to be no bigger than I Mb in total

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

2 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

The agency should have copy of the owners Tabien Baan, from whence you will retrieve the house registration number.

You should upload a copy of your passport and proof of the address.

If you don't possess a Yellow Tabien Baan and ID card, then you may need a copy of the owners Blue Tabien Baan and their ID, alternatively a copy of your rental contract.

It depends on what your IO request as acceptable for proof of address.

If the agent can't/won't supply the required copies, then effectively their in breach of contract as it makes you responsible for filing.

1 minute ago, Toany said:

The house number can be found in the blue book for your condo.
You need to register as the possessor and upload a copy of your passport and rental contract. Files to be no bigger than I Mb in total

Thanks.  Who would normally hold the blue book, would it be the owner that I have never met or would it possibly be available at the condo office.

Otherwise, I only need to upload the PP and contract, right?

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The agency should have copy of the owners Tabien Baan, from whence you will retrieve the house registration number.

You should upload a copy of your passport and proof of the address.

If you don't possess a Yellow Tabien Baan and ID card, then you may need a copy of the owners Blue Tabien Baan and their ID, alternatively a copy of your rental contract.

It depends on what your IO request as acceptable for proof of address.

If the agent can't/won't supply the required copies, then effectively their in breach of contract as it makes you responsible for filing.

Would my Thai driver's license work as an ID?

1 minute ago, AAArdvark said:

Thanks.  Who would normally hold the blue book, would it be the owner that I have never met or would it possibly be available at the condo office.

The owner would normally hold the Tabien Baan, but if they're using an agent, then they should have copies.

3 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Otherwise, I only need to upload the PP and contract, right?

If they accept that as sufficient proof of address.

You won't be able to complete the registration without the house number.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

The owner would normally hold the Tabien Baan, but if they're using an agent, then they should have copies.

If they accept that as sufficient proof of address.

You won't be able to complete the registration without the house number.

Understood, thanks.

I made my first onine TM30 report last evening, a few hours after returning to Thailand from outside the country.

I kept ecnountering an error when trying to "record" my data, the pop-up message said something like data field error. I guess it could have been any number of items and/or formats? Since I had the Excel spreadsheet already completed ages ago, I simply added the new TM6 number, uploaded it, it was accepted (data entered into the table from the spreadsheet) and I was able to "record" the entry. My filing, such as it was, shows up on both the web-based app, and the mobile (Sec. 38) app.

Not sure what my error was, but the spreadsheet method works fine, and we were planning on using that anyway for other renters. All the data is filled in for them, just waiting for their TM6 number, which they will provide via LINE after they arrive. Seems simpler since all that is likely to change is the TM6 number, and you don't have to enter all the data again and again.

I'll try the mobile app next time, just to see if it works.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1

I managed to get a sign on and a password earlier this year and have just come back and filled in the registration thru the TM30 app on an andriod tablet. I did not upload a copy of my passport, forgot, and hit the submit button. It has been submitted and shows up on a search, not sure what happens next?

Has anyone successfully submitted a registration online and do they acknowledge it , also if I needed to add a copy of my passport will they tell me?

On 7/6/2019 at 6:47 PM, mtls2005 said:

I made my first onine TM30 report last evening, a few hours after returning to Thailand from outside the country.

I kept ecnountering an error when trying to "record" my data, the pop-up message said something like data field error. I guess it could have been any number of items and/or formats? Since I had the Excel spreadsheet already completed ages ago, I simply added the new TM6 number, uploaded it, it was accepted (data entered into the table from the spreadsheet) and I was able to "record" the entry. My filing, such as it was, shows up on both the web-based app, and the mobile (Sec. 38) app.

Not sure what my error was, but the spreadsheet method works fine, and we were planning on using that anyway for other renters. All the data is filled in for them, just waiting for their TM6 number, which they will provide via LINE after they arrive. Seems simpler since all that is likely to change is the TM6 number, and you don't have to enter all the data again and again.

I'll try the mobile app next time, just to see if it works.

I have not yet done an online TM30.  Can you please explain what you have in your spreadsheet and is that required? 

4 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

I have not yet done an online TM30.  Can you please explain what you have in your spreadsheet and is that required? 

The spreadsheet can be found here...

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/#

Third link down lower-right corner. This is what hotels, and condos use. 

There are five tabs within the spreadsheet, you fill in the first one, the second tab is a sample, while the other tabs have info required: Visa type, countrty, port of entry.

No, the spreadsheet is not required, it is simply an alternative method to populate data into the table. So we've filled in one single spreadsheet with every tenant, leaving the TM6 field blank. Then we just update the TM6 number, and upload. This saves having to re-enter all the data fields over and over.

The Sec 38 mobile app seems a bit simpler to use.  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38&hl=en

I guess my issue may have been related to using Chrome, even though it is said to be supported.

TM30_FORM (3).xls

7 hours ago, Rawairat said:

I managed to get a sign on and a password earlier this year and have just come back and filled in the registration thru the TM30 app on an andriod tablet. I did not upload a copy of my passport, forgot, and hit the submit button. It has been submitted and shows up on a search, not sure what happens next?

Has anyone successfully submitted a registration online and do they acknowledge it , also if I needed to add a copy of my passport will they tell me?

There is no need to submit any documents after the initial registration that give you the logins. When you file a TM30 in online system you will simply input the data and submit. You should take screenshot of the search result as that is the only receipt you will have.

13 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

The spreadsheet can be found here...

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/#

Third link down lower-right corner. This is what hotels, and condos use. 

There are five tabs within the spreadsheet, you fill in the first one, the second tab is a sample, while the other tabs have info required: Visa type, countrty, port of entry.

No, the spreadsheet is not required, it is simply an alternative method to populate data into the table. So we've filled in one single spreadsheet with every tenant, leaving the TM6 field blank. Then we just update the TM6 number, and upload. This saves having to re-enter all the data fields over and over.

The Sec 38 mobile app seems a bit simpler to use.  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38&hl=en

I guess my issue may have been related to using Chrome, even though it is said to be supported.

TM30_FORM (3).xls 106.5 kB · 1 download

Went to Google Play and the app you linked to is not available. Do you have a link to the actual .apk file? If not where is it?

1 hour ago, longball53098 said:

Went to Google Play and the app you linked to is not available. Do you have a link to the actual .apk file? If not where is it?

I would guess you have a address on the Play Store that is not for Thailand. Change it to Thailand and you will be able to install it.

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I would never advise doing downloads of apk apps.

I didn't "advise" anything. I provided a link to apkpure, which simply aggregates safe APKs from the PlayStore.

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They can be dangerous.

I guess, if you say so.

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Most phones and tablets will not let you do it unless you bypass the security settings for it.

Correct, sort of. You're not bypassing anything per se, you're simply enabling the sideloading of APKs.

If anyone feels sideloading APKs is unsafe, they clearly have to make informed decisions: find the APK, download it, then decide if they want to install it.

12 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

I switched my Play store to Thailand and now it says the app is not available in my country. When I was in the US a a country it said the app was not compatible with my device. Very strange behavior.

What make, model, Android version?

Maybe just use the web-based option?

My guess? The Section38 app may only be available to registered users in Thailand?

22 hours ago, longball53098 said:

Check the address / location of the Google Account. 

4 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Registered on May 23 and still "waiting for approval."

When I registered, I received the usual email with the promise of a password. Nothing happened for 1-2 days, so I went to my TM30 office bringing the email with me, they gave me account and password right away.

My phone is a Samsung Note 5 with latest updates of all apps and firmware they have. I just loaded the .apk and the app is working and I used my internet login to log on to the app so it works when I need it as an alternative to the web site .

Registered on May 23 and still "waiting for approval."
Registered on May 22 and still "awaiting approval"

Is anybody getting a better response from Chaengwattana?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 3:28 AM, mtls2005 said:

You can check the status of your registration application.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

Click on Register

Click on Check Status - it may say "Status - Waiting for approval".

I applied back in May, received email requesting more documents which was sent.  Nothing more heard, no password received. Checked status says no record??? Very confused.  What should I do?

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Magsg said:

I applied back in May, received email requesting more documents which was sent.  Nothing more heard, no password received. Checked status says no record??? Very confused.  What should I do?

With that amount of time gone by, I would just do it again but this time use all the documents they requested.