buying apple thailand

dd0777

bought new apple phone supposed to be waterproof to 1 metre depth.  I reported water damage   sorry our warranty does not apply 

• I have to consult with my resources, I will be back with you shortly 

• ok
    15:55
  • System MessageJust a few more moments. Your Advisor will be right with you.

15:57
  • System MessageThank you for your patience. Your Advisor will be with you shortly.

15:59
  • System MessageThanks for waiting. Your Advisor will be with you in just another moment.

•  

16:01
  • System MessageJust a few more moments. Your Advisor will be right with you.

• copy of waterproof ad
    16:03
  • System MessageThank you for your patience. Your Advisor will be with you shortly.

• Thank you for patiently waiting David
    16:05
  • I have confirmed with my resources the the phone is water resistant and not waterproof. Please see the details information with this article 

•  
  • 16:06
    have a look at youtube link

• 1 metre depth. is a deceiving advert. wouldn't get away with it here

• 2 tier standards
    16:09
  • I have Nicole with me now and they are one of our Senior Advisors here at Apple, and they would like to take over the chat from here. Is that okay to transfer over?

• ok

• Thank you, I am transferring now 

• 8/04/2019 16:09

You are chatting with Nicole. Your case number is 100805379271.

• We will send the transcript of this conversation to david.Edit email address 

•  

System MessagePlease hold while your chat is being transferred.

• Hi, my name is Nicole. It'll be just a moment while I review the comments you provided.

• dozens of people have seen the youtube ad

• Hi david! I hope you are well outside of this matter! 

•  
  • im trying to sort this out for my nephew

• Thank you for the link. As it is a third party link, it is blocked from our secure system. 

• I do understand david. 

• it describes this fantastic phone waterproof to 1 metre

• david, as a member of the Senior Advisor team, I happy to explore your nephews options with you.  
    hes been asked 400 pounds
  •  
  • working 14 hour days be 30 days

• With the iPhone XR, it is water resistant of up to 1 meter for 30 minutes as indicated here: 

•  
  • I seen that

• As it indicates in this article, the water resistance can decrease as a result of normal wear and tear. 

• well its. 6 month old. within warranty.

• While the phone is water resistant, the warranty still would only cover non-accidental damage. 

• As the article does advise, “Liquid damage is not covered under warranty.”

• This is also discussed here: 

•  
  • I can see.   apple don't want to know

• Can you clarify what you mean?
    16:17
  • System MessageWe haven’t heard from you in a while. To keep your chat session active, please respond to your Apple Advisor and let us know you are still there.

• well the phone is within warranty. the advert the boy seen.   if the phone is submerged in up to 1 meter water phone will be fine.   this hasn't been in water.

• is in warranty

• apple is world wide warranty should apply
    16:19
  • its a good job its thailand. or id have you to fair trading

• The determination of the liquid exposure is determined upon inspection. Though the phone is water resistant, liquid damage is not covered by the warranty whether it was splashed or submerged.

• ripping people off.   why is your add showing the fantastic phone in water safe

• The warranty would be the same for all locations that liquid damage does not fall under the warranty coverage. 

• rubbish

• I am sorry to hear you feel that way David. 

• With the iPhone XR, it is water resistant of up to 1 meter for 30 minutes as indicated here:

• your contradiction
    16:23
  • The water resistance can decrease as a result of normal wear. 

• As I have shared, the liquid damage is still not covered under warranty. 

• if you cannot comply your advert you should not have launched your product distributing around the world

• The final determination is made once it has been inspected. 

• but it is totally contrast your adverts and your words,

• The details in the articles I have shared indicate liquid damage is not covered under warranty. 

• Even with water resistance, damaged caused by liquid is outside of what the warranty covers. 

• david, some situations can be difficult and lead to a less than perfect resolution. This is definitely one of those situations. I have addressed all of your concerns and provided all potential resolutions as it relates to this matter. If there is nothing further as it relates to this matter, I will be ending the chat.  

• I will raise this issue to trading standard , I thought everybody bought your phone because of your adverts
    16:29
  • In the advertisements and in our details we do indicate the liquid damage is not covered by the warranty. In addition to the articles I have shared, it can also be found on our sales page here: https://www.apple.com/iphone-xr/towards the bottom of the page: “iPhone XR is splash, water, and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.”
    16:31
  • System MessageWe haven’t heard from you in a while. To keep your chat session active, please respond to your Apple Advisor and let us know you are still there.

• look. as its some chap in thailand. apple know they can get away with it.    I will look further into world trading rules
    16:32
  • You are welcome to view the warranty details here as well: 

•  
  • 16:33

The chat has ended.

• Hello! I hope your conversation with Nicole was helpful. If you have a moment, please take this short survey regarding your support experience. We truly value your feedback.

• You must be 16 years of age or older to participate in the survey.

•  
  • We will send the transcript of this conversation to david.Edit email address 

Fascinating first post, it's only onwards and upwards from here on in isn't it.

What next I have to wonder? "my bobbin spool doesn't hold enough thread maybe"?

Eagerly awaiting ????

11 minutes ago, CGW said:

Fascinating first post, it's only onwards and upwards from here on in isn't it.

What next I have to wonder? "my bobbin spool doesn't hold enough thread maybe"?

Eagerly awaiting ????

Explain the purpose of your post.

5 minutes ago, kkerry said:

waterproof and water resistant... mean two different things...

Apples iPhoneX, XR and XS are marketed as being waterproof up-to 1 meter for up-to 30 minutes. 

That tells me it should not suffer water damage. 

I understand that waterproof and water resistant are different things...  i.e. humidity can damage the phone etc... 

But in this case Apple are marketing their product as a Water proof product and in doing so misleading the customer if they are not prepared to cover the phone under their warranty (if it has not ben submerged for more than 30mins in more than 1m of water). 

I think the Op has a right to feel disgruntled. 

53 minutes ago, dd0777 said:

The determination of the liquid exposure is determined upon inspection. Though the phone is water resistant, liquid damage is not covered by the warranty whether it was splashed or submerged.

This quote from the conversation says it all...  liquid damage is not covered by warranty... Why then are Apple Marketing a Phone that is waterproof? - This could well be a trading standards issue.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why then are Apple Marketing a Phone that is waterproof?

The OP links to an Apple advertisement 'Introducing iPhone XR' on YouTube, and refers to it as "copy of waterproof ad" in his conversation with Apple...

A screenshot from the exact same video...

Apple WR.JPG

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Apples iPhoneX, XR and XS are marketed as being waterproof up-to 1 meter for up-to 30 minutes. 

That tells me it should not suffer water damage. 

I understand that waterproof and water resistant are different things...  i.e. humidity can damage the phone etc... 

But in this case Apple are marketing their product as a Water proof product and in doing so misleading the customer if they are not prepared to cover the phone under their warranty (if it has not ben submerged for more than 30mins in more than 1m of water). 

I think the Op has a right to feel disgruntled. 

apple is world wide . yet my nephew has no consumer rights in thailand   the phone is supposed to be waterproof in up to 1m of water for 30 mins . the apple stope presented him with a £400 bill to repair the phone 

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This quote from the conversation says it all...  liquid damage is not covered by warranty... Why then are Apple Marketing a Phone that is waterproof? - This could well be a trading standards issue.

the phone was discribed as been able to withstand been in 1m of water for 30 mins . been in thailand  the lad paid big money but no consumer rights 

yupp, that definitely seems shady and misleading. I have a feeling they wont be getting away with this as more people will come forward with this warranty problem.

How much water was your nephews phone exposed to?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived