Belgian's suicide note: Cremate me today - no need to send me home

webfact

Belgian's suicide note: Cremate me today - no need to send me home

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Lumpini police and Ruam Katanyu rescue foundation went to a luxury condo in Sukhumvit Soi 1 in Bangkok yesterday after reports that a Belgian man had attacked himself. 

They found 61 year old Demoux Norbetus M. lying in the fourth floor car park. 

He had no shirt, only shorts on. He had two nine inch kitchen knives stuck in his abdomen. 

Another two knives were lying beside his body. 

He was taken to Bamrungrat Hospital nearby. 

In his fourth floor room police found everything in place and no evidence of a struggle. 

There was a suicide note. It read (as translated from the Thai language): 

"Cremate my body today. No ceremony is necessary. No monks. Throw it away - no need to send the remains to Belgium. Thanks". 

Police believe the man is stressed as he is suffering from many illnesses. 

Daily News gave no other details on the man's condition. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-29

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

He had two nine inch kitchen knives stuck in his abdomen. 

Gotto be in pretty bad shape in order to do such a thing. Mental illness for sure. If it hadn't been for that suicide note, who would have believed this to be a suicide?

1 hour ago, webfact said:

There was a suicide note. It read (as translated from the Thai language): 

Do I understand it well? Did he write the note in Thai?  or was the french or dutch note translated  by the bib in Thai?  Confusing.

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Why so many mentally disturbed souls find their way to Thailandust to somehow commiserate and wallow in their pains just to hurt themselves?...

I think many people struggle but it seems to be more common here as there is a lack of support services for just this kind of thing 

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Why so many mentally disturbed souls find their way to Thailandust to somehow commiserate and wallow in their pains just to hurt themselves?...

SOMETIMES!, the heady mix of easily available drink, drugs, and sex (women who're much more beautiful that we could even dream of getting back home), can be too much to handle for some guys! Add to the mix a culture and language that's about as foreign as it's possible to get, and it can be a recipe for disaster.

Thailand can be the best thing that ever happened to a lot of guys, it chews-up and spits out others.

It's not clear if this guy is still alive or not. Hopefully the Belgian Embassy people can get him back to Belgium, it doesn't sound like he committed a crime or hurt anyone else, so maybe.

1 hour ago, Bipolar said:

RIP. Another sad case. On the other note....Oh My Gawd! Another farang sucide case and to think a lot of tv member criticise the government  stance  of attracting more Chinese, Indian and other Asian toursist! Well at least these "not spending much" touriist as claimed by most tv members do not jump from buildings, kill themselves in hotel rooms and stab themselves or go out and get drunk and fight in streets in the early morning hours or get drunk and walk alone in the early mornings to get raped! or ride motorbikes without helmets, or a valid driving license or with health insurance and get involved in accidents with no money to pay for their medical costs! And worst these so called high spending farangs do not even leave enought cash around to clear the mess that they have caused! 

... yawn - you repeat yourself & it´s BS of the steaming variety anyway:

2 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Do I understand it well? Did he write the note in Thai?  or was the french or dutch note translated  by the bib in Thai?  Confusing.

Probably written in Flemish/English  , reported on by the Thai media and thus the note was translated to Thai and TV translated that Thai report into English 

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

They arrive sane and the country drives them to insanity. Not a country for snowflakes.

From my reading of the original Thai article (google translate) he's still alive and they're waiting for his condition to improve to get the full story; also the English language article says "is stressed" and "is suffering", which would suggest he ain't dead.

Was there a decent Euthanasia program in place such as EXIT or DIGNITAS, probably many would opt for this. Being end stage C i am considering my options, too. Flying to Europe and dying far from the 25 year center of my life? Dying after weeks with probably no match for first world palliativtherapie in a very expensive TH hospital? Jumping, stabbing, poison out of question... Not many peaceful and safe options without leaving a mess here. I have witnessed a large number of suicides in my 25 years. With 2 exceptions everyone had been suffering from some terminal disease and lost hope. 1 was killed and 1 might have been an accident ending on a glass table and not realizing in his drunk condition he had severed an artery in his arm. So yes, open to any final respectful and decent ideas. Yes, i know all the Google options. MS>

3 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

SOMETIMES!, the heady mix of easily available drink, drugs, and sex (women who're much more beautiful that we could even dream of getting back home), can be too much to handle for some guys! Add to the mix a culture and language that's about as foreign as it's possible to get, and it can be a recipe for disaster.

Thailand can be the best thing that ever happened to a lot of guys, it chews-up and spits out others. 

It's not clear if this guy is still alive or not. Hopefully the Belgian Embassy people can get him back to Belgium, it doesn't sound like he committed a crime or hurt anyone else, so maybe.

"Thailand can be the best thing that ever happened to a lot of guys, it chews-up and spits out others."

You are very right in this, Asia and in particular "Thailand" was one of the best things happening to me !!!

Best regards !

32 minutes ago, Deli said:

They arrive sane and the country drives them to insanity. Not a country for snowflakes.

Thailand is only a problem for those who live in a foreign country for the first time. I find Thailand easier in many ways than a western country, here a smile and a little humility can get you a long way, in the west that is classed as a weakness to be taken advantage of.

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Gotto be in pretty bad shape in order to do such a thing. Mental illness for sure. If it hadn't been for that suicide note, who would have believed this to be a suicide?

Very strange, the suicide note was written in Thai ??? Very few Farangs I have met are capable of reading or writing in Thai, even the ones who have been here for many years.

Just now, phantomfiddler said:

Very strange, the suicide note was written in Thai ??? Very few Farangs I have met are capable of reading or writing in Thai, even the ones who have been here for many years.

It's not so difficult if you put in the effort, I correct my British/Thai son's Thai language homework because although he can read and write English fluently he isn't so good with Thai, like 70% of his classmates.

8 hours ago, Bipolar said:

RIP. Another sad case. On the other note....Oh My Gawd! Another farang sucide case and to think a lot of tv member criticise the government  stance  of attracting more Chinese, Indian and other Asian toursist! Well at least these "not spending much" touriist as claimed by most tv members do not jump from buildings, kill themselves in hotel rooms and stab themselves or go out and get drunk and fight in streets in the early morning hours or get drunk and walk alone in the early mornings to get raped! or ride motorbikes without helmets, or a valid driving license or with health insurance and get involved in accidents with no money to pay for their medical costs! And worst these so called high spending farangs do not even leave enought cash around to clear the mess that they have caused! 

He is not dead as far as the article goes.

Archived