Bangkok: Thai taxi driver arrested after stealing from female passenger using box cutter

webfact

Bangkok: Thai taxi driver arrested after stealing from female passenger using box cutter

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police in Bangkok have arrested a 36 year old taxi driver who threatened a female passenger with a box cutter in his cab and stole her necklace and amulets. 

The driver said he needed the money for his child's school uniform. 

Fifty eight year old  Phasiri Janthranet went to the police on Thursday afternoon after the driver of cab number 3238 stole from her in the area of the Kritsana housing estate in Saphan Soong. 

The cops used CCTV to trace driver Siwaphon Dechphuwadon, 36, to a property in Soi Hua Mark 31, Bangkapi. 

They found Siwaphon relaxing at home.

He admitted what he had done. He said that during the journey he had seen his passenger wearing what looked like an expensive necklace and amulets and he reckoned he could get a good price for the items.

He used a box cutter to threaten her. 

He said it was near the start of the school year and he did not have enough cash for his daughter's school uniform. 

He was charged with theft at knife point and weapons offences and detained by Prawet police. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-29

School uniforms are expensive and you can't pass them on to other siblings because of woven  ID numbers. Its a scam that makes loads of cash for  gov school staff.

The khaki one costs 1500 baht plus you need  3 regular uniforms and one or 2 Sports outfits plus shoes which you can buy anywhere.

I have 2 daughters.

Just saying.

1 hour ago, Lucius verus said:

School uniforms are expensive and you can't pass them on to other siblings because of woven  ID numbers. Its a scam that makes loads of cash for  gov school staff.

The khaki one costs 1500 baht plus you need  3 regular uniforms and one or 2 Sports outfits plus shoes which you can buy anywhere.

I have 2 daughters.

Just saying.

Not staff, Directors....

From his appearance alone he has no business being a taxi driver, or maybe I am missing the point that taxi drivers are part of the criminal/mafia underground. He certainly appears to be a lowlife.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

No report of her being ripped off on the fare.

I never said he ripped the lady off with the fare,just a sarcastic remark,

as they do ,but you do take every chance to be disputatious.

regards worgeordie

With that tattoo on his stomach then I might have believed he needed the money for weed. Not as if we are expecting him to tell the truth now, are we? Just another oxygen thief really. There it is again though, blaming something else for his inexcusable behaviour. 

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Not just satisfied ripping you off with the fare,this driver wanted more.

regards worgeordie

recently in bkk multiple taxis refused meter so i opened mobile video recorder. it even emboldened one driver that pointed to his taxi door id info so i could film it.

an insult to neanderthals

14 minutes ago, atyclb said:

recently in bkk multiple taxis refused meter so i opened mobile video recorder. it even emboldened one driver that pointed to his taxi door id info so i could film it.

I always use Grab Car nowadays. Very reasonable agreed up front cost. Most cars are late model Toyota Altis or Nissan Almera with rear seatbelts. Waiting time for me from booking is usually 10 minutes at home anytime and 5 minutes downtown outside of the peak hour(s). Many drivers are smart and courteous university students, male and female, earning some cash. So far never had a single problem with Grab Car.

1 hour ago, Sir Dude said:

With that tattoo on his stomach then I might have believed he needed the money for weed. Not as if we are expecting him to tell the truth now, are we? Just another oxygen thief really. There it is again though, blaming something else for his inexcusable behaviour. 

just look at the pictures, sure appears as he's been smoking, so daft he hardly understands what he has done.

2 hours ago, atyclb said:

just shows how much they care if reported to the police, they work together

8 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

usually they post photos of taxis drivers bringing money back to God knows whom.... TAT here didn't say anything hummm wonder

Shhhh. That's tomorrow's story.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He said it was near the start of the school year and he did not have enough cash for his daughter's school uniform

You can get it free from donations if you poor but you just steal from a old lady your scumbag of a father 

you probably use your money drinking on songkran smart man 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He said it was near the start of the school year and he did not have enough cash for his daughter's school uniform.

he was misquoted. what he said was he did not have enough cash for a girl in a school uniform.  

17 hours ago, Mavideol said:
20 hours ago, atyclb said:

just shows how much they care if reported to the police, they work together

thats why the agency that receives complaints is not the police

Well, you know, I needed the money for my daughters school uniform so I just took it from a lady who had it. I'm sure my daughter will be proud of me. Police caught me at home watching Thai TV comedy show, Oh well, maybe next time I'll be smarter

Archived