Tour Guide Certificate

jmd8800

I'm looking for info on tour guide certificate training for a Thai person. Are there such schools in and around Chiang Mai. It seems there has to be with the amount of tourism, but my searches come up with who is the best tour guide around. Does anyone have info on training for certificates? Uni tourism degrees are not an option in this case.

I dont know the answer but my thinking would be that first the applicant needs to apply for a licence from the Government office of Tourism TOT

Then next step is to seek out the actual tour operators, get a job and get in via the tour operator.

I am almost certain a pre requisite is a high level of Engrish

1 hour ago, eyecatcher said:

I dont know the answer but my thinking would be that first the applicant needs to apply for a licence from the Government office of Tourism TOT

Then next step is to seek out the actual tour operators, get a job and get in via the tour operator.

I am almost certain a pre requisite is a high level of Engrish

Tour guides do need licenses and there are several classifications. I think the schooling is required first and then tests are taken and license issued. So the question is to find appropriate schooling for this Thai person. This person has excellent Engrish.

Check with Far Eastern Univ, across the highway from Airport Plaza.  They have a certification program.  Don't know the cost.  But I do know tour guide licenses are limited to Thais and the guides had better be wearing their license  in plain view.  I have seen the Tourist Police checking and arresting non-licensed guides.

Archived