1 Yr. Internet SIM NO MORE ?????

moonseeker

8 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

No may about it. I got one last week. Works fine and the porting process was painless.

I wrote may as things can change by the time someone goes to subscribe...as they did with AIS.

7 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

I wrote may as things can change by the time someone goes to subscribe...as they did with AIS.

You could probably say that about pretty much anything in life.

The link I posted back in reply number 2 of this topic is still valid as far as I can see:

http://www.mybycat.com/en/PrePay.php?package=90_แพ็กเกจเสริม-my-เน็ตเพลิน-1,-4,-6-Mbps

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
7 hours ago, KittenKong said:
No may about it. I got one last week. Works fine and the porting process was painless.

What's the porting process like? get the pac code from old company first? then just call customer service of new company?

I never have much success on the phone so I just went into one of the very few CAT shops and let them do it for me. They sent an SMS to True, we waited, nothing happened, they sent it again a few times, nothing happened. So I walked along to the nearby True shop where they did something on their computer and then CAT tried the SMS again and got a reply. Then the customer retention department of True called me a couple of times and offered me the moon and the sky to stay with them (though sadly the moon and the sky did not include the package I wanted). Then True sent another SMS asking me to confirm. I confirmed. Then the next day I got an SMS saying that the number had moved and I put the new SIM in and went to the CAT shop to top up and buy my data package.

Pretty painless really.

8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

You could probably say that about pretty much anything in life.

The link I posted back in reply number 2 of this topic is still valid as far as I can see:

http://www.mybycat.com/en/PrePay.php?package=90_แพ็กเกจเสริม-my-เน็ตเพลิน-1,-4,-6-Mbps

The links in AIS still exist too....but they do not work in the way you would expect; 

https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais  34 baht package indicated but you are charged 45 baht.

Why are you wasting our time over the word 'may'? Does it hurt you in some way? I say what I mean and I mean what I say. May.

Opera Snapshot_2019-05-02_140938_m.ais.co.th.png

3 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Why are you wasting our time over the word 'may'? Does it hurt you in some way? I say what I mean and I mean what I say. May.

Yes, but that applies to most things in life including every single telecom package. So you should use the word in all your posts.

5 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Yes, but that applies to most things in life including every single telecom package. So you should use the word in all your posts.

Is there something wrong with you? There have been major changes of late in the networks pricing and availability. At the moment they are occurring almost monthly. So it makes sense to put people on notice that it can change in the near future.

Less of the time wasting and frankly, idiotic arguments if you please.

I don't think anyone here but you has an issue with me writing 'may'. Why do you think that might be?

2 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

There have been major changes of late in the networks pricing and availability. At the moment they are occurring almost monthly. So it makes sense to put people on notice that it can change in the near future.

Indeed. So you should use it in every post you make on this topic. Why limit it only to the CAT package?

5 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Indeed. So you should use it in every post you make on this topic. Why limit it only to the CAT package?

Because things have already changed with the other providers and I have already reported extensively on them.

So to suggest that things could also change with CAT is not out of the question.

Wow, you really appears to have a lack of understanding. Perhaps you have some ailment to which we are not privy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2019 at 11:16 PM, KittenKong said:

I was previously using a True 4mps package in a wifi dongle but that SIM is due to expire in a week or two. I did have the option of getting another True SIM from Lazada but I found using the dongle to be fairly inconvenient so I decided to switch my number from True to CAT to get the 2500B 4mbs package that CAT still offer, and to have it on my main Thai SIM.

As I already have two SIMs in my phone (one Thai and one UK), I really wanted to get the package onto my Thai SIM directly and so porting the number to CAT was the only way. Obviously losing my old number was not an option.

Interestingly as part of the porting process I had several good offers from the customer retention department of True to get me to stay, but I declined them as having started something I like to finish it.

One notable disadvantage with CAT is that they have very few shops - which also have very limited hours - and there is hardly any English on their website. I am hoping that now that everything is working I will not need to contact them at all for any reason for the next year. I never had to contact True in the last 5 years so that should not be too hard. Apart from that CAT seem fine so far.

Hi, are you able to use your phone's internet hotspot (or internet sharing) features on your CAT sim (so that other devices could share its cellular connection via wifi)? I just got same 2500 bht/yr unlimited CAT sim today, at the store I tested it ok on my phone just to make sure phone work, web browsing work etc. However when I got home and put the sim into my ipad, the internet hotspot (or internet sharing) features don't show up. So I wonder if you have had this issue and if so what was the solution that you came up with? Otherwise I guess I'll have to trek down the CAT store again and let them check it out for me. Thanks,

7 hours ago, smo said:

However when I got home and put the sim into my ipad, the internet hotspot (or internet sharing) features don't show up.

The options are all there on my Android phone (wifi hotspot, USB tethering), and I can turn them on. I dont know whether they work or not though as I have nothing to test them with at the moment.

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

The options are all there on my Android phone (wifi hotspot, USB tethering), and I can turn them on. I dont know whether they work or not though as I have nothing to test them with at the moment.

Thanks for the info. Btw, in case you don't know, your phone with the wifi hotspot feature available can be used as a wifi source (ie "hotspot"). Meaning if you have a tablet or a laptop, it can get wifi signal off the phone. I never use "usb tethering" but I suppose that means the connection will be made via usb cable (ie wired as opposed to wireless if going by the hotspot.) What that translates to real life is that since I always have my phone with me, if I bring my tablet along it can get wifi from the phone so no matter wherever I go, there's no need to look for external sources.

17 hours ago, smo said:

Hi, are you able to use your phone's internet hotspot (or internet sharing) features on your CAT sim (so that other devices could share its cellular connection via wifi)? I just got same 2500 bht/yr unlimited CAT sim today, at the store I tested it ok on my phone just to make sure phone work, web browsing work etc. However when I got home and put the sim into my ipad, the internet hotspot (or internet sharing) features don't show up. So I wonder if you have had this issue and if so what was the solution that you came up with? Otherwise I guess I'll have to trek down the CAT store again and let them check it out for me. Thanks,

Try resetting the Network Settings; https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203302

4 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Try resetting the Network Settings; https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203302

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually I called CAT call center and their staff is pretty knowledgeable, seemed like a common issue. Yes, APN settings in Cellular Data needed to be set to user :internet and password:my

All 3 settings Personal Hotspot, LTE and Cellular data (network) need user and password filled out same with the above. Then rebooted the ipad and voila, all working properly. Make sure all 3 settings were set, at first I only set Personal hotspot which made available the feature on the ipad (and then I enabled it) but still not visible to other devices so I had to call them again and they had me filled out all 3.

12 hours ago, smo said:

Btw, in case you don't know, your phone with the wifi hotspot feature available can be used as a wifi source (ie "hotspot"). Meaning if you have a tablet or a laptop, it can get wifi signal off the phone. I never use "usb tethering" but I suppose that means the connection will be made via usb cable (ie wired as opposed to wireless if going by the hotspot.)

For some reason wifi tethering never works on my laptop. No big deal as I just use USB tethering for it. I like to have the wifi turned off anyway whenever possible.

16 hours ago, KittenKong said:

For some reason wifi tethering never works on my laptop. No big deal as I just use USB tethering for it. I like to have the wifi turned off anyway whenever possible.

That's odd, but since you don't care about it anyway, we'll leave it at that.

When you want it to work, create another thread and we'll look at it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived