Jump to content
BANGKOK 26 June 2019 00:31
khwaibah

Making a dream. Aka pond/lake

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi KB,

Lake is looking good. Can I ask how you are going to get a 10 metre depth with that backhoe? Seems like it will mean several depth changes and interesting operations for the trucks. Another question is the costing, how is it calculated?

Regards IA

 

Edited by IsaanAussie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cost is calculated by truck load.. Delivered on site for the wife for her project is 200 baht per load. Delivered localy about 5 km is 250 per load then it goes to 350 per load. As they go lower a ramp is built for the earth excavator and trucks to use. Every night all equipment is above ground in case of rain, not a chance.😏 They have taken out about 3000 loads and another 1000 to go. Fill has been sold to private and the local government for road repairs.  The photo was taken at a major intersection by her property this morning. After the work the excavator moved back into the pit. This was about 9 am hot as H and had to have a shot of lao khao with the boys.😜 They stared Tuesday last week. About 4 rai of paddy fields and a new entrance road of about 100 meters built for her project.

 

image.png.a45a320d106f393f6639c68fb0945b95.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that, seems prices have gone up a little but not a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 8:18 PM, khwaibah said:

Water for this lake as I call it will come from rain

What is it that holds the rainwater in w/o it just dissolving into the ground? Also, if there is no or little rain, how will the pond fill up... I have thought of doing something similar. It is very dry in the North now.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

What is it that holds the rainwater in w/o it just dissolving into the ground? Also, if there is no or little rain, how will the pond fill up... I have thought of doing something similar. It is very dry in the North now.

 

At this location the water table is at 4 meters and this helps keep the water stable. Saying that  yes it will go down as all ponds depend on rain and our rainy season is about 2 months off. Our two pond are about 500 meters away still have water and this new one has a pond with water about 50 meters away. At the moment the contractor has pulled off and will be back in about 2 weeks. Reason being there is a major highway 214 up grade about 1 km form our operation and his equipment is committed.. When he returns there is still about 2000 more loads to come out one of the jobs is to put in a 40 meter culvert from a drainage canal with gates and strainers from it to the lake to be used in the wet season. I'm guessing it will take 2 to 3 years to fill as guess on this a crap shoot. Below are photos I took about 8 this morning as I was able to drive about the site. 

 

The supervisor

 

image.png.01afaa105c630d5dc826576454283540.png

 

FL is mending the fence to keep the heard in. The canal is in the trees to your right.

image.png.306963dd8d103e17fdd755d5402aa199.png

Just up past what looks like a narrow white streak is the lake and above the lake is the tree line and canal.

image.png.acc5e1dfdd8557215d9805da01969f7e.png

 

Just below the tree line you can see an entrance road that has been built.

image.png.2c4469c0cc04701ae3ed6b9dee5069b0.png

You can see the equipment ramp that was and still used.

image.png.cee91ef5e6a791b56847c915fb03aeb5.png

The equipment ramp is to you left and this part of the lake is about 10 meters deep.

image.png.7f182865dc4dea7e3240b35fd9bb4042.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is getting to be one hell of a hole! Have you had any seepage of water into it, or sign of a spring? I am a bit surprised that there is no water in it with the water table you said was at 4 metres. 

Another question is do you intend to have fish in the lake? 10 metres is deep for most local fish. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IsaanAussie said:

That is getting to be one hell of a hole! Have you had any seepage of water into it, or sign of a spring? I am a bit surprised that there is no water in it with the water table you said was at 4 metres. 

Another question is do you intend to have fish in the lake? 10 metres is deep for most local fish. 

Answer to both question is yes. About 25 meters to the right of the fence line in the bottom photo is a pound that is at least 15 years old. It is on the wife uncle land. Its only source is from the water table and rain, its has never gone dry.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is the wife uncle pond about 25 meters from our new project which is just on the otherside of the back fence in the photo. I took this photo two days back.

 

image.png.a61468670cb268d0ab5b78874ec2e7f5.png

 

TV has an article about the draught and Surin is listed. I have for the past 2 years been screaming my head off about this. What saves our arse is the water table being only 4 meters down.

 

Edited by khwaibah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am amazed that pond has that much water in it now, must be a spring under it. Our place is on the eastern side of highway 220 and there is a natural soak system (not really a river) that runs parallel to the highway of our side. Our water table was about 2-3 metres down but as your can see the 2.5 metre deep pond is as dry as a bone. The pond of our rice paddies 12 rai block has an inch of water in it. Hopefully that means the current water table is not much more than 3 metres down. I might try digging a hole in the bottom of the pond shown above to find out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
First time our main pond is dry. It was dug 2002-2003. Hopefully we get good rain this year but I think I am going to have to find more water to get it full again. Still a good chance to get rid of the water hyacinth that bone head brother in law thought were a good idea. 
17323.thumb.jpg.c68011388e30d0ec0b82ace3f4456a98.jpg
Does it have concrete walls?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it does. Clay floor though to comply with organic rules. The pond is a U shape walls are steep and it is in a confined area. We intend to build a new house in the middle of the U. Hence the concrete for support.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 3:26 PM, khwaibah said:

Cost is calculated by truck load.. Delivered on site for the wife for her project is 200 baht per load. Delivered localy about 5 km is 250 per load then it goes to 350 per load. As they go lower a ramp is built for the earth excavator and trucks to use. Every night all equipment is above ground in case of rain, not a chance.😏 They have taken out about 3000 loads and another 1000 to go. Fill has been sold to private and the local government for road repairs.  The photo was taken at a major intersection by her property this morning. After the work the excavator moved back into the pit. This was about 9 am hot as H and had to have a shot of lao khao with the boys.😜 They stared Tuesday last week. About 4 rai of paddy fields and a new entrance road of about 100 meters built for her project.

 

image.png.a45a320d106f393f6639c68fb0945b95.png

Just a small question.  I was advised some time ago now that if you wish to extract to a depth greater than 4 meters, to be legal, irrespective whether it is private or a commercial venture, then you require a mineral extraction license.  Are you aware of this requirement or else perhaps it is no longer a requirment. Could you confirm please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...