BANGKOK 26 June 2019 01:43
khwaibah

Making a dream. Aka pond/lake

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Just a small question.  I was advised some time ago now that if you wish to extract to a depth greater than 4 meters, to be legal, irrespective whether it is private or a commercial venture, then you require a mineral extraction license.  Are you aware of this requirement or else perhaps it is no longer a requirment. Could you confirm please.

No I cannot. But it being my wife land with the Thai government involved for a major highway project I see no need to worry. There are other ponds around us of 4 to 8 meter depth and no permit was required.

Edited by khwaibah

Hope it turns out to be a spring for you and that others are unearthed as the dig progresses. A friend dug a large pond which revealed a small spring. That pond was nearly full before the rains came that year. Hopefully yours goes as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, well. Vineyard eh? I had thought pepper or maybe vanilla, something a bit exotic that needed a lot of water but had a high stable price and could be held if market fell. Close but no cigar. 

Grape vines wow! I know nothing of growing them but always figured them in the too hard basket other than a few vines planted in a sheltered pergola area. But 6 rai of trellised vines, brave man.

I wish you well and look forward to hearing about your progress. Better yet, mark me down for a bottle of the first vintage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IsaanAussie said:

But 6 rai of trellised vines, brave man.

Not me its the boss.😁 Oh and I have ben corrected its 8 rai not 6 for vino collapse. Fwiw there are at least 3 other vineyards in the area but hers will be the largest. We have friends about 10 km away that have a winery and it is licensed by the authorities.😁

On 5/15/2019 at 5:06 PM, khwaibah said:

I have been given permission to divulge more on a dream. The photo of the pond ,water on your right, depth is 10 meters. The water is from 8 days of rain and still falling. The pond is still under construction as all equipment is back out on the 214 highway upgrade. All dirt is contracted for the new highway so there is no charge for the construction of the pond. There is a little over 6 rai for this project. Where a certain lady is standing the highway is about 1km directly in back and that area she is standing in will be a vineyard.

image.png.5f9ac29ce10491eba7d05243912845f3.png

image.png.9668aa1a2f9b1f16f5dd008d3d48cca2.png

image.png.1a837f2100394ab31e3a43150da66c5f.png

Have you got somewhere to pump the water so they can keep digging or is that it till next dry season.

21 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Have you got somewhere to pump the water so they can keep digging or is that it till next dry season.

There is a canal just on the back side of the pond so the answer is yes. The contractor that is doing this has the fill sold for the 214 highway upgrade about 1 km from the site. Fwiw this is how major highway upgrades get their fill.. by digging these ponds at no cost to the property owners. About 2500 truck loads have been taking out and about another 2000 to go. Out of that 2500 the wife has taken about 450 loads for fill for which she is standing on and an entrance road. It looks to me the highway  may be ready for this fill in another 2-3 weeks.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Not me its the boss.😁 Oh and I have ben corrected its 8 rai not 6 for vino collapse. Fwiw there are at least 3 other vineyards in the area but hers will be the largest. We have friends about 10 km away that have a winery and it is licensed by the authorities.😁

OK make that two bottles of the first vintage. 😀

• Like 1

The lake is getting there. Taken this afternoon. 

image.png.6a181f3f11bf2891ce9c28d20568c133.png

She is adding cow, pig,chicken shyt and other organic matter to clear up the water.

64382804_2227795957267937_58959490016304

Power is being installed.

image.png.5da1b847644817a189fab14eb031ec61.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

As of today 12 cart loads of PRIME BS from my boss DLD project have been added with more to come. I can see a change as the clay is settling out. Rice and water plants will be added.

image.png.676c75f4da45d229ca862fc96ea13694.png

image.png.a4a0195cd1275193ade019deae1e50ac.png

image.png.1c5b3bf68c61fbf327168fde3db32e40.png

• Sad 1

On 5/1/2019 at 10:08 AM, IsaanAussie said:

That is getting to be one hell of a hole! Have you had any seepage of water into it, or sign of a spring? I am a bit surprised that there is no water in it with the water table you said was at 4 metres. 

Another question is do you intend to have fish in the lake? 10 metres is deep for most local fish. 

I was thinking exactly the same.

You said the water table was at 4 meters and you are stating you are at 10 meters.  That would with my simple mathematics think you would have 6 meters of water in there.......................LOL

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Cashboy said:

I was thinking exactly the same.

You said the water table was at 4 meters and you are stating you are at 10 meters.  That would with my simple mathematics think you would have 6 meters of water in there.......................LOL

Right hand side is about 18 foot of water.

image.png.4623b3f1ac43e28cb67803356ce77144.png

The canal is flowing from rains.

image.png.1690bd2fe05d3f65fb4e4bb1764e390c.png