Is The Traffic Getting Worse In Bkk?

Bluecat

Before the 1997 crisis, it could take a very, very long time to go from one place in Bkk to another one.

The Bkk traffic jams were quite famous all over the world,...

After the crisis and also thanks to quite a lot of new highways, the traffic was substantially reduced.

Not more than in any other big cities, anyway.

This year, in downtown Bkk, the traffic builds up faster and traffic jams start to be more frequent and longer,...

Not the pre-crisis levels yet but should we expect to spend hours in cars again in the near future?

Bluecat, traffic is in any big city of this world, and traffic includes traffic jams....

The only major city in this world without traffic jam is Pyongyang in North Korea.

About Bangkok, driving sometimes a car, I find it is better now than some years ago...

some terrible construction sites, like skytrain, are finished and skytrain is running, subway also open now, some overflies are done, some motorways are operating now....some buslines are running better now... some shopping centers are far outside of the city....

all in all, I think, it is not so bad compared to 5 years ago.... also air is better now, less dust, streets are cleaner, also the railway station was repaired and is cleaner now...

cars, of course, you have them everywhere in Bangkok, and they are getting more and more....and this trend for sure will not change in Bangkok for the coming years....

Despite new motorways, and improvement of public transport, traffic jams will always exist. I have no problems with them - I like motorcycles......

Johann

I have no problems with them - I like motorcycles......

I love motorbikes.

But I hate the very low safety factor in Bkk,...

Who really cares?

If people on motorcycles in Bangkok (or anywhere else in the country for that matter) want to ride as if their name Max Biaggi (and unlike Max as he has a top quality crash hat doesn't he) so be it.

Som Num Naa I say

1997 was great year on the Bangkok Roads

Very true, Astral.

As well as 98 and 99.

Not so bad these days but did you notice the huge increase of "red plates" cars in Bkk?

Bonuses are on the rise, interest rates are low, no new roads, I pretty much think we will have very big traffic jams in the near future,...