BANGKOK 23 May 2019 02:52
volleyowl

Scared and alone in BKK

Hi there.

I am not really sure where to put this so I'm sorry if this is the wrong area to post this.

I'm someone who recently moved to Thailand from the USA with my partner and dog. My partner is going to do a Visa Run today and will be gone for about 5 days. Unfortunately, I am unable to go because I start a new job tomorrow which I am extremely terrified about and am panicking over. Also, I am very naive and did not realize how afraid of the world I was until moving here. I did experience some pretty significant trauma growing up which included physical, sexual and verbal abuse starting a very young age, and it has made me very distrustful of the world. I have been seeing therapists off and on for about 17 years and unfortunately, the first Thai psychiatrist I went to yesterday was not a good one. I do not have a lot of money for behavioral health services.

I have been praying to God and have been having suicidal thoughts almost everyday lately because I am so scared and feeling very alone. My family is very far away in the USA. I feel bad for my partner because my partner is always trying to make sure I am happy and not depressed or anxious.

Just need help to be positive and know that I am not alone and that there are good people in this world. I am an outwardly very friendly person but do not trust anyone except my parents and partner. Please help. Ps. I will not act on my suicidal thoughts.

Thank you for any replies during my serious time of need.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Poor dog.

That is a point, how long does the dog stay in quarantine?

Op calm down, the worst that can happen in the next few days is that you lose your job.

In that case find a new one, you got one you can get another.

5 days for a visa run???

• Like 1

if your work starts tomorrow it will redirect your focus. 
or look in 

mental health resources as pointed out by Sheryl.
Or have that walk

.In the longer term it

helped me to join a few groups; follow your interests and you will 

meet like-minded people.

• Like 1