Jump to content
BANGKOK 26 May 2019 16:01
volleyowl

Scared and alone in BKK

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, rott said:

Well think again then, there are six positive posts on the first page - including one from me. So possibly the crowd is a bit lovelier than you think, and possibly you aren't. 🙂

Or possibly some of them were removed, I just remember seeing a whole lot of unpleasantness.

 

Always nice to see the positive comments, so kudos to you for yours.  And by the way I am lovely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like you have not traveled much. And, maybe on top of that you are working a job. That is tough.

 

In the end though, you work through it and it will all be second nature. After you do that, the world is your oyster. I mean it. You will be able to go anywhere and do anything you'd like. Just hang in there, take it a day at a time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2019 at 11:42 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

You have an reactive anxiety disorder, see a psychiatrist and start SSRI medication like Sertralin.

The last thing anyone needs is psychiatric drugs... side effects are horrendous and can make you suicidal.

 

You may even suffer delusions and think you are a Roadrunner!

 

 

Edited by DaRoadrunner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The last thing anyone needs is psychiatric drugs...


Speak for yourself. I’ll try anything once.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Head home ASAP.  Thailand will either kill you or you will want to kill yourself.  Thailand is a tough place.  Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

The last thing anyone needs is psychiatric drugs... side effects are horrendous and can make you suicidal.

 

You may even suffer delusions and think you are a Roadrunner!

 

 

Not exactly true, a lot of people get rid of their anxiety without any major side effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Post cancelled.

Edited by rott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 9:49 PM, josephbloggs said:

Or possibly some of them were removed, I just remember seeing a whole lot of unpleasantness.

 

Always nice to see the positive comments, so kudos to you for yours.  And by the way I am lovely.

None were removed, you just saw what you wanted to see and gobbed off about it.

 

No kudos to you you falsely accused others through your own idleness and ignorance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to believe, would anyone with that level of anxiety even jump on a plane to Thailand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 10:13 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

The last thing anyone needs is psychiatric drugs... side effects are horrendous and can make you suicidal.

 

You may even suffer delusions and think you are a Roadrunner!

 

 

It saves more people than it kills if prescribed right drug, right dosage, right illness to right person and used for the time needed as everyone understand is individual. Sad is the knownledge among ordinery doctors and psychs, is far away from  being perfect! 

 

Just a genetic test can prove if you are suitable for a drug or not, but still new science! 

 

In most cases where people get sick, medicine can be helpful for a short time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Can't believe all the horrible responses to this, I hope that Bangkok is treating you well so far, I used to suffer from social anxiety to so I know how it can be, if you want to meet for a coffee get in touch.

 

I got over my anxiety by constantly challenging it without medicating, so please ignore all the go home comments, keep challenging yourself.

Edited by Kevinphall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kevinphall said:

Can't believe all the horrible responses to this, I hope that Bangkok is treating you well so far, I used to suffer from social anxiety to so I know how it can be, if you want to meet for a coffee get in touch.

 

I got over my anxiety by constantly challenging it without medicating, so please ignore all the go home comments, keep challenging yourself.

Based on your own experience you recomend your experience only! Nothing else

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have lived here 20 yrs, the first 2 yrs I had culture shock, then it went away, and I felt at home here. You are living in the wrong place, move to a smaller city, Bangkok is a tough city. You could try Chaing Rai in the north, or a low key city is south. A psychiatrist will only give you meds,  which are hit and miss, and eventually, your body builds a resistance to them. On the whole Thai people are sweet people, not perfect, but if you are kind, you get kindness back. I have seen Thai people and cops tolerating the most repulsive farang behavior, like it wouldn't be tolerated in the US or Europe. You have your partner and your dog, lay low, don't drink, meditate and you can make it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is now more than two weeks since the OP posted on here so she does not seem to be worrying about those worrying about her.

In the meantime on another thread she mentioned being in Singapore on a visa run so seems like she took the good wishes and advice and then moved on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 3:49 AM, rott said:

It is now more than two weeks since the OP posted on here so she does not seem to be worrying about those worrying about her.

In the meantime on another thread she mentioned being in Singapore on a visa run so seems like she took the good wishes and advice and then moved on.

Once again, its not about just the op. Forum is for others who may be having similar problems. Goes for all posts as well, not just this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...