Three men shot dead "for revving their bikes"

webfact

Three men shot dead "for revving their bikes"

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A shooting at a drinks party in Nakorn Pathom has left three men dead.

The reason is thought to be because of the noise of revving bike engines that caused a disagreement between gangs. 

Pol Capt Natthapan Damnernworakun found a bloody scene outside a rented house, one of 24 terrace properties in Tha Talat. There were 8 9mm shell casings and five bullets at the scene. 

Three men had been taken to hospital. They were named as Anurak Chorawek, 25, Ritthikiat Puman, 25, and Wachara "Wat" Ketbunleu, 34. Wachara was later transferred to Mahachai Hospital.

2pm2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

All three have now succumbed to their injuries after the shooting earlier this morning. 

Phawadee Yongyuth, 26, the owner of the house said that she was with her husband, a neighbor and the three men who died. 

Seven men arrived on three motorcycles and three of these men came up and talked to the three victims. 

Two walked away but one man remained. He suddenly pulled out a gun and started firing at point blank range.

The victims were hit in the body and head by the bullets as everyone at the drinks party dived for cover. 

All the victims were friends of her husband Wuthichai Naree, 30, who had previously had a dispute with another group over noise from bikes. She thought it had been settled.

Police are giving credence to the theory that the shooting was as a result of an argument between rival gangs about the revving of bikes. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-30

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

Two walked away but one man remained.

The one who remained is clearly an idiot. They obviously knew each other, so the cops are going to know who he is in no time. 

I know revving of bikes, especially ones with no functioning exhaust is horribly annoying, but I can't see it being enough to kill three people and throw away your life?

4 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

The one who remained is clearly an idiot. They obviously knew each other, so the cops are going to know who he is in no time. 

I know revving of bikes, especially ones with no functioning exhaust is horribly annoying, but I can't see it being enough to kill three people and throw away your life?

the only way Thai understand.

someone tell me I read the OP worng?... but i have the impression that there was No rang a dang a dang emanating out from anyone&their bike, at the party! This was a group (how can they be gang if they are not all on ther own bike) a group of cretins  turned up to do payback, from the earlier complaints made against them (the intruders) from some time earlier on...

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

Not even close, have a niece who is a doctor who worked at Cook County Hospital. If Thailand went like Chi town they're be tanks on every soi.

Thailand's murder rate per 100,000 is roughly 5, its about the same as the US rate. 

Chicago's is over 15, its one of the cities which gives the US their high rate, without three cities the US would have a murder rate in line with developed countries.

A similar thing is probably happening in Thailand, there are districts in Bangkok where you hear gunshots regularly, but no stats released so we have no idea what the murder rate is in different cities and different districts of cities, like we know for the US.

Of course, an over the top reaction but these three should have known that revving engines is bound to upset some people and that was confirmed to them by the verbal confrontation. From there when things escalated, the over the top reaction as often happens in Thailand was a definite possibility. 

Archived