Three men shot dead "for revving their bikes"

webfact

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Thailand's murder rate per 100,000 is roughly 5, its about the same as the US rate. 

Chicago's is over 15, its one of the cities which gives the US their high rate, without three cities the US would have a murder rate in line with developed countries.

A similar thing is probably happening in Thailand, there are districts in Bangkok where you hear gunshots regularly, but no stats released so we have no idea what the murder rate is in different cities and different districts of cities, like we know for the US.

In the U.S. cities take turns being the murder capital. One year it's Detroit then it's Baltimore and and then it's Miami. This same scenario does not occur in Thailand and it probably never will.

24 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Face

Perhaps the single greatest weakness any man or woman can manifest is face. A total lack of self reflection, self love, self esteem, confidence, knowledge of one's self and ability to practice common sense or reason. Who on earth cares what people think of you? It means less than zero to me. Tell me it is cultural. A bit like saying Alaskans eat mostly fish. 

20 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

In the U.S. cities take turns being the murder capital. One year it's Detroit then it's Baltimore and and then it's Miami. This same scenario does not occur in Thailand and it probably never will.

How on earth do you know that that doesn't happen in Thailand?  The whole point of my first post was that you'd have no idea if it did as they won't release the stats.  Some years they wont even release the total figure for the country, presumably because of the global rating it would give them, they are always high on the gun murder table, perhaps they top it some years, we just don't know about Thailand like we know about the US.

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

How on earth do you know that that doesn't happen in Thailand?  The whole point of my first post was that you'd have no idea if it did as they won't release the stats.  Some years they wont even release the total figure for the country, presumably because of the global rating it would give them, they are always high on the gun murder table, perhaps they top it some years, we just don't know about Thailand like we know about the US.

If people were getting shot at the rate of Chiraq's 20 a weekend you don't think in this social media/everybody has a camera society in Thailand we wouldn't hear about it? You think the Chinese would be travelling to Thailand in the numbers they do if part of their holiday wardrobe was a bullet proof vest? Crime reporting isn't suppressed here, hell TVF would be out of business if it was. 

17 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Perhaps the single greatest weakness any man or woman can manifest is face. A total lack of self reflection, self love, self esteem, confidence, knowledge of one's self and ability to practice common sense or reason. Who on earth cares what people think of you? It means less than zero to me. Tell me it is cultural. A bit like saying Alaskans eat mostly fish. 

In the UK people call it reputation, and there are millions of lads willing to punch your lights out for challenging theirs on a Saturday night, losing face is certainly not something unique to this part of the world, I would say it is a natural trait, a negative one, but natural none the less.

Just now, from the home of CC said:

If people were getting shot at the rate of Chiraq's 20 a weekend you don't think in this social media/everybody has a camera society in Thailand we wouldn't hear about it? You think the Chinese would be travelling to Thailand in the numbers they do if part of their holiday wardrobe was a bullet proof vest? Crime reporting isn't suppressed here, hell TVF would be out of business if it was. 

Why are you comparing one city in the US with the whole of Thailand?  Do tourists go to the US wearing bulletproof vests?  No, they go to see the sights whilst avoiding places like Detroit.  Its the same in Thailand, the Chinese tour buses don't stop off in Khlong Toey, do they?

In other countries the press read the stats released by the national statistics office and report on them, in Thailand they release very little.  Do you really expect the Thai press to go out and gather the stats themselves?

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

Why are you comparing one city in the US with the whole of Thailand?  Do tourists go to the US wearing bulletproof vests?  No, they go to see the sights whilst avoiding places like Detroit.  Its the same in Thailand, the Chinese tour buses don't stop off in Khlong Toey, do they?

In other countries the press read the stats released by the national statistics office and report on them, in Thailand they release very little.  Do you really expect the Thai press to go out and gather the stats themselves?

You think because Thailand doesn't package its statistics to your liking that they're hiding mass shootings in the streets? Like I posted earlier, in this social media world you can't hide anything, especially 20 people shot on a weekend. That's a joke. Mass shootings have happened here but not even close to other countries frequency. 

4 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

You don't see Venezuela's statistics posted very often, especially since Maduro took over, but when I was there a few years ago it was nuts with all the training shoes strung over the telephone cables where I was staying. I think it's still rated as the most dangerous country  for being murdered.  

Pathetic behaviour by immature Thai men who are upset over anything they perceive is a threat to their personal view of the world. RIP ti the victims and hopefully the final punishment to the offenders, there is no excuse to justify this . Maybe a frontal lobotomy will cure it. 

17 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh dear   !   .....  they left half a bottle of whiskey.

But looks like an empty one in the background... I think they were onto their second bottle!

Thailand is becoming socially dysfunctional... whisky, revving motorbikes & guns the slightest thing will kick off an explosive reaction... below par policing is allowing anything to happen, no preventative policing anymore just reporting after the fact.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

But looks like an empty one in the background... I think they were onto their second bottle!

Thailand is becoming socially dysfunctional... whisky, revving motorbikes & guns the slightest thing will kick off an explosive reaction... below par policing is allowing anything to happen, no preventative policing anymore just reporting after the fact.

trouble is that in this OP case;

the reaction was that someone complained,

and the attack was retribution for having complained...

The title of the OP is in error (due to the original mis-wording of the Dailynews.co.th)

- leading to many misconceptions...

18 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

You think because Thailand doesn't package its statistics to your liking that they're hiding mass shootings in the streets? Like I posted earlier, in this social media world you can't hide anything, especially 20 people shot on a weekend. That's a joke. Mass shootings have happened here but not even close to other countries frequency. 

Nope, I never mentioned mass shootings, and no one is disputing the number of murders by gun in Thailand, the whole point of our conversation was arguing over whether there are hot spots of gun crime in Thailand or not, I claim that there are, such as Khlong Toei, for instance, do you know of anywhere in Bangkok with more shootings?

3 hours ago, norfolkc said:

What a very tolerant society Thailand is Three young men cut off in the prime of life for revving their motor cycles 

They were not anything to do with revving their own motorcycles...

This was an after the fact payback attack, on anybody who happened to be in that house.

They attacked that address because the man of the house that the 3 victims were visiting; had made an earlier complaint about motor revvers

The 3 perps had come sort him out... killing 3 innocents in the process

Hope the Title gets fixed...

The revving happened at another time, another place

Archived