Accommodation required from 30/5 - 26-6-2019.

Paul Catton

Opal will be back in "Chiang Mai" independently, sorting out our retirement planning and vanquishing ghost's of past. 

"Sorting out" expired Thai ID, Passport, House registration, etc.... "Ghosts of past, I am not a lawyer! "

"Baan Thai" https://chiangmaibuddy.com/product/baan-thai-chiang-mai/ has been recommended, however I can see no ability to book.

She has no desire to stay with her Thai family, we have found it is hard work staying with them, as you are supposedly on down time and I do not have a work permit for cleaning and gardening.

Anyone who can match similarity of pricing/value or extending to increase for amenity for this short tenure, I welcome your PM.

Kind regards

Paul

#1:  I went to Baan Thai web site, made room type selections, sent to cart, and went to check out.  Stopped at that point.   So it looks like you could make reservations, just not the method one expects for a "hotel".  Sending to cart is unusual. 

#2;  Have you searched hotels and serviced apartments in Chiangmai?   You should find plenty of options, prices, and locations to choose from.

I looked at booking. Com earlier for mid may, and it stated CM is 14% booked.. Way too much capacity there.  One of the B2 hotels was under 350 per night in santitham.  Beats the heck out of a deposit gamble and electricity extortion. June will only be a tad busier. 

That time of year one could probably find many places just by asking at the desk.

More to the point is where do you want to stay in C M?

If Loi Kroh area is OK, try the Montha Hotel. Very clean, lovely staff, quiet area, booking essential as usually full.

Has web site.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

That time of year one could probably find many places just by asking at the desk.

More to the point is where do you want to stay in C M?

If Loi Kroh area is OK, try the Montha Hotel. Very clean, lovely staff, quiet area, booking essential as usually full.

Has web site.

Thanks TBL, trying to sort out options prior to Opal landing in Chiang Mai from NZ without last minute desk checking. 

Loi Kroh, we loved Imperial Mae Ping (Suites), Suriwongse was good and even CH Hotel was fine, it's all about budget. Montha would be around 25,000 THB, hence I am looking for monthly type rental for tenure.

Have just received response from the Bliss Hotel (close to Maya) and in the process of hopefully confirming reservation.   

All sorted, and a thank you to the forum community for your input.

Booking and costs have been confirmed by email from Bliss.

Nomad Rental provided the medium for my search and choice, specializing in monthly rentals.

Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia & Trivago (being noted hotel booking sites which I normally use, all had this same choice), however they base occupancy on their published daily rate x the amount of days.   

Using Nomad Rental has saved more than a significant amount Thai Baht, Opal can now have at least two dishes of somtam daily, multiple Chicken, Chiang Mai Sausage, Squid and Pork ball skewers until sated.

Also, Temple donations, A Moo Kata shout for ageing University friends, and gifts for family are easily accommodated from the savings. 

I now waiver upon my perceived view (being, get a "real job" - like many of us dinosaurs needed to do) for relevance of Digital Nomads in the world. Thank you for your progressiveness, in this instance. 

Archived