Burn baby burn!

canuckamuck

We drove from Phayao to Chiang Rai on Monday. The smoke haze was worse as we got closer to Chiang Rai.

The other new aspect to the drive was from Phan. It is now 90 kms per hours. Signs are about every 5 kms up and back. Did not see any new cameras except the on south bound trip just north on Mae Chai which was 80 kms .

9 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

We lost our internet this week because some fool decided to light the roadside on fire on burned up all of the fiberoptic lines for about 3 km

Had a similar experience last year, it worked out well though because the CAT crew I called out to fix it gave me a free upgrade, doubling my DL/UL speed. :cool:

10 hours ago, kevvy said:

how long did you lost it canuckamuck. Did you chuck a muck? 

Actually, it has been out every day for most of the day since Sunday. Lots of repairs to do I guess. It was out again for the last 12 hours.

One good thing about my internet, it is always there . Only a coupe ot times it was down but only a very short period . I am with C.A.T. . Hope you get good luck soon.

Cheers Mate

5 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Today up on the mountains to the west the smog has returned . It rained 1 day last week so my neighbour over the road lit a fire.

IMGP1521 (2).JPG

It amazes me that neighbors can do this and not thinking about other neighbors .

Internet's back, after another 20-hour break.

Went to check how the fixing was going this morning. There was no one repairing lines, and a whole bunch of new wires were burned and were still burning. So they must have just strung a line out this afternoon.

I can't imagine how much trouble I would be in if I had been caught burning forest land and damaging communication lines in my own country. Years in jail for sure. Here there won't be any questions asked.

The fires last night were as dramatic as I have seen in the last ten years. My wife is out at the end of our field now defending her avocados.

But all in all, there is a lot less fire today.

15 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

I like the little icons but the 10 and 20% don't exactly excite me. :sad:

367564902_Capturecrrain.PNG.f466a78930df0d52f1e7639934c9fd31.PNG

come on sceadugenga, you are from a sunburnt country , suck it up.. :)

On 5/3/2019 at 9:27 AM, sceadugenga said:

The driest state in the driest country in the world, that's why I appreciate a little rain now and then. ????

Rain seems to be avoiding us here

Yes the same here yesterday big black clouds the wind picked up you could see the rain coming in the distance and when it arrive there was so little it couldn't even make the hot road wet. Still praying

Archived