Pattaya hotel employee arrested for alleged theft of gold jewellery worth Bt2 million

Jonathan Fairfield

Pattaya hotel employee arrested for alleged theft of gold jewellery worth Bt2 million

By The Nation

n1.jpeg

An employee of a hotel in Pattaya has been arrested for allegedly robbing a gold shop in a Pattaya shopping mall of 1.65 kilograms of gold jewellery worth Bt2.18 million at the weekend.

Deputy national police chief Pol General Chalermkiart Sriworakhan, Provincial Police Bureau 2 chief Pol Lt-General Jitti Rodbangyan and Chon Buri police chief Pol Maj-General Nanthachart Supamongkol on Tuesday jointly held a press conference at Sattahip police station to announce the arrest of Sornchai Nilsonthi, 35.

p2.jpeg

Sornchai is accused of robbing the Suppatra Yaowaraj gold shop at the Big C Sattahip shopping mall in Chon Buri’s Sattahip district at 10.20am on Sunday.

Chalermkiart said Sornchai had used a M92-modelled BB air gun to deceive the shop staff into believing he was carrying a lethal firearm, and robbed the store of gold necklaces and bracelets worth Bt2.18 million.

Although the suspect concealed his face with a mask, police managed to identify him from the licence plate of the motorcycle he had ridden to and from the gold shop, he added.

The deputy national police chief said police had carried out an intensive manhunt following the robbery, with Sornchai eventually turning himself in to Phachi police station in Ayutthaya on Monday night.

This led police to retrieve all of the stolen items from his rented room in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30368619

thenation_logo.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Although the suspect concealed his face with a mask, police managed to identify him from the licence plate of the motorcycle he had ridden to and from the gold shop, he added.

Good to see he didn't forget the forward planning he learnt at school.

20 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

identify him from the licence plate of the motorcycle he had ridden to and from the gold shop,

Just one more of these idiots we read about on a daily basis who doesn't seem to realize there are cameras everywhere these days.

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Good to see he didn't forget the forward planning he learnt at school.

He must have skipped those lessons,....but he learned something now....how to point

A product of the Thai Education system.  I think his real name is Somchai but he can't spell it.  My first Thai GF had her name tattooed on her shoulder; a Thai friend pointed out it was mis-spelled.

2 minutes ago, mikebell said:

{snipped} My first Thai GF had her name tattooed on her shoulder; a Thai friend pointed out it was mis-spelled.

Did she have the tattoo in case she tried on the old "Do you know who I am?" routine?

Her absent-mindedness could easily be rectified by checking her shoulder.

18 minutes ago, mikebell said:

A product of the Thai Education system.  I think his real name is Somchai but he can't spell it.  My first Thai GF had her name tattooed on her shoulder; a Thai friend pointed out it was mis-spelled.

My first Thai girlfriend was called Bloom, she had a tattoo that said Boom and a picture of an explosion. She wasn't happy when i pointed out the error lol

14 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

p2.jpeg   image.jpeg.5c41bd7de4f307f5e5542c6293ffd55d.jpegimage.jpeg.21eed08deccfc9c6404411fbc5b091ff.jpeg

Image result for pointing statues

Like many great leaders, Thai Police have their finer points.

Close but no cigar. This is the high bar for RTP finger points. The consummate point, finger and arm in perfect alignment.

Finger point.jpg

15 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Really bright using his own motorcycle, and this pointing exercise  ????

Jeez, for a 2 million job he couldn't have paid 150 baht for a rental bike?  Or just taken his bloody number plate off?
<deleted>.

I LOVE how they take criminals back to the scene of the crime and force them to pose for photos.  Classic Thai style.  They may even show these photos in court to convince the judge and jury that he is guilty!

4 hours ago, oldrunner said:

Does anyone in police authority realize how silly all these "finger pointing shows" look to the public.

But without finger pointing and people commenting on finger pointing, and people

like me commenting on people commenting about finger pointing, that would leave 

about 5 comments, all of which suggest that most Thais are stupid.

Archived