Buying Or Renting In Nakhon Sawan

glen

Hi all,

Im living on Bangkok on oa visa - my wife comes from a small ampur about 40 mins northeast of Nakhon Sawan. Im thinking of buying, or at first renting, house and land in NSawan area - not in town but maybe within 10ks of city, It wd be for her family to move and live there with better prospeccts of work and a country retreat for me as well. If I buy I dont want to spend any more than 400 or at most 500ks. Any suggestions please? All I know about NSawn is that its pretty busy, the mortorbike riders are real bad, and a lot of it floods.

thanks in advance, Glen

Hi all,

Im living on Bangkok on oa visa - my wife comes from a small ampur about 40 mins northeast of Nakhon Sawan. Im thinking of buying, or at first renting, house and land in NSawan area - not in town but maybe within 10ks of city, It wd be for her family to move and live there with better prospeccts of work and a country retreat for me as well. If I buy I dont want to spend any more than 400 or at most 500ks. Any suggestions please? All I know about NSawn is that its pretty busy, the mortorbike riders are real bad, and a lot of it floods.

thanks in advance, Glen

Hi there,

Nakhon Sawan doesn't have really a lot of nice appartments (or Town houses) for rent . Those which are for rent are usually a dump ( maybe with a few exceptions). 400 or 500 k's won't get you really far ....unless you (or your wife) own the land already where you wish to build on. Surely depends on what kind of House you want to built too .

You mentioned it already .....flooding is a problem. So non-flooding Land is higher in Price here . If chanote and non flooding Land with good location i have heard of Prices up to 2,8 mil THB/rai! My wife just told one off for offering 1,6 mil THB/rai ...she insists on 2 mil THB /rai(Land has nice location) for her land. The further you are away from Nakhon Sawan Town the lower the land prices will be.

Another choice is to buy and pay your House on monthly terms(if you get the finance). You find some developments with Houses at around 1,2 - 1,5 mil/baht . I found those houses not too bad but missing the green part of it as they usually have everything "cement-covered" for whatever reason :D .

I also suggest that you look at Banks in Nakhon sawan , they ususally display Houses or properties for sale - you might be lucky and find something nice there :o .

I hope that helps,

rcm :D

Thanks rcm - the banks sound a good idea - looks like I may have to look further out - maybe utai thani or further out of NS, best, Glen

Hi all,

thanks in advance, Glen

Hi there,

Nakhon Sawan doesn't have really a lot of nice appartments (or Town houses) for rent . Those which are for rent are usually a dump ( maybe with a few exceptions). 400 or 500 k's won't get you really far ....unless you (or your wife) own the land already where you wish to build on. Surely depends on what kind of House you want to built too .

You mentioned it already .....flooding is a problem. So non-flooding Land is higher in Price here . If chanote and non flooding Land with good location i have heard of Prices up to 2,8 mil THB/rai! My wife just told one off for offering 1,6 mil THB/rai ...she insists on 2 mil THB /rai(Land has nice location) for her land. The further you are away from Nakhon Sawan Town the lower the land prices will be.

Another choice is to buy and pay your House on monthly terms(if you get the finance). You find some developments with Houses at around 1,2 - 1,5 mil/baht . I found those houses not too bad but missing the green part of it as they usually have everything "cement-covered" for whatever reason :D .

I also suggest that you look at Banks in Nakhon sawan , they ususally display Houses or properties for sale - you might be lucky and find something nice there :o .

I hope that helps,

rcm :D

I agree with rcm, my wifes from Nokonsawon and is trying to get me to buy a place there now but im not having it besides nothin to do theres no beech!, anyways the wifes sister is selling her bungalow its on an estate about 3/4 ks out of the city, and thats going for 800,000 and beleive me its no great shakes, so 4/500,000 wont get you a lot.

200k for a rai of land 10 kilom outside of NS.

New Town Houses being built are 1.5 million for a split level house. Build time average 3 months.

Inside of town 1 house for sale now 6 million with a reasonable amount of land.

Prices are very much on the increase too as my g/f will tell you because people are moving from BKK etc to live in the area.

Apartments are available but they seem rare from what I have seen.