Fresh peanut butter anyone?

Dexlowe

Though I'm interested in finding freshly made peanut butter in the Pattaya area, I've put this thread in general news as there may be others around the country who want this product and will join the conversation. I've avoided the food column as well as I think this is a general purpose query.

So, anyone know if any is made in the Pattaya area? Can't say I've ever heard of any.

I can make it myself, of course, and I do that if I have to (with other nuts thrown in to make it healthier). But the commercial-style grinders do a great job and provide a consistency that makes it easier to mix in additional stuff like mashed almonds, brazil nuts and flax seeds - with peanut oil to smoothen it out.

Freshly made peanut butter - damn good.

I can not reply specifically about Pattaya.  But I recently saw a large transparent bag (1 or 2 kg, don't remember) of Thai natural peanut butter at Tops.  At this particular store, it was on the bottom shelf of the shelves with Jiffy Peanut Butter and jellies.  Is there a Tops in Pattaya?

20 minutes ago, noise said:

I can not reply specifically about Pattaya.  But I recently saw a large transparent bag (1 or 2 kg, don't remember) of Thai natural peanut butter at Tops.  At this particular store, it was on the bottom shelf of the shelves with Jiffy Peanut Butter and jellies.  Is there a Tops in Pattaya?

There are at least 3 that I know of - Soi Khao Noi, near Big C South and in Central Festival. (Is that supermarket in T21 a Tops?) I'll check them out. Thanks. 

Do yourself a favour and go back to that store and buy the bag. Once your taste buds get used to natural PB, you'll not go back to the name brands with all their additives.

I make my own at home with simple oven roasted skinned peanuts put into a regular store-bought Hamilton Beach electric food processor..... Don't even need to add any oils... Running the food processor for a few minutes with a 500 g bag of home roasted peanuts turns them into perfect peanut butter consistency.

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I make my own at home with simple oven roasted skinned peanuts put into a regular store-bought Hamilton Beach electric food processor..... Don't even need to add any oils... Running the food processor for a few minutes with a 500 g bag of home roasted peanuts turns them into perfect peanut butter consistency.

I find unbelievable that you don't add any oil, i make regularly my delicious peanut butter, too good, it makes me fat, but i normally have to add about a quarter liter for 1 Kg. roasted peanuts, which is a lot.

Perhaps i am roasting the peanuts too much, i guess.

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I find unbelievable that you don't add any oil, i make regularly my delicious peanut butter, too good, it makes me fat, but i normally have to add about a quarter liter for 1 Kg. roasted peanuts, which is a lot.

Perhaps i am roasting the peanuts too much, i guess.

I read up on the subject, and found the recommendation to roast them on low heat, like 120 C, for a half hour or so, until they turn a nice medium brown color.... It's worked for me thus far... And never a drop of oil added.... but it does require a good electric food processor to grind them down into a paste.

17 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Add some cashews or almonds as well...lovely, and healthy.

Archived