Mystery foreigner found drowned at Hua Hin beach

Mystery foreigner found drowned at Hua Hin beach

2pm.jpg

Caption: Farang found drowned in Hua Hin

Police were called to the Khao Takiap area near the Hua Hin to Pattaya ferry yesterday after a foreign man was found drowned. 

Aged about 60 - 70 he was dressed only in blue shorts. There were no wounds on the body and he had been dead about one hour by the time his body was discovered at 12.30pm.  

He had a wristwatch on his left wrist and on the second finger of his left hand was a ring engraved with the name "Joy". 

None of the many bystanders at the scene knew who he was. 

Ban Muang suggested that he was probably a Scandinavian tourist.

His body was taken to Hua Hin hospital to determine what might have happened while he was swimming.

Ban Muang said that he was found by a jet-ski operator and tourists.

Police are trying to find out his identity. 

Source: Ban Muang

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-01

Who knows what this man died of, but there are too many who think they are Johnny Weissmuller and overestimate their skills. Taking a swim in the ocean is dangerous, even for a skilled swimmer, drowning happens fast.  Then of course, some of these drownings are probably suicide.

RIP

7 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Who knows what this man died of, but there are too many who think they are Johnny Weissmuller and overestimate their skills. Taking a swim in the ocean is dangerous, even for a skilled swimmer, drowning happens fast.  Then of course, some of these drownings are probably suicide.

RIP

a photo on Facebook yesterday showed a very obese man lying dead.

i am thinking heart attack. the water there is very shallow.  

28 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

a photo on Facebook yesterday showed a very obese man lying dead.

i am thinking heart attack. the water there is very shallow.  

Yes, the exhaustion and periods of holding breath might just trigger a heart attack, especially if he had risk factors.

The article states that they suspect he was Scandinavian. Are they still that many compared to other western tourists and expats in Huahin?

6 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Yes, the exhaustion and periods of holding breath might just trigger a heart attack, especially if he had risk factors.

The article states that they suspect he was Scandinavian. Are they still that many compared to other western tourists and expats in Huahin?

Yes the Scandinavians are stubborn with Hua Hin ????

20 minutes ago, JimHuaHin said:

The deceased, a local of Italian nationality, was identified mid yesterday afternoon by his wife.

i hope this is not my friend who is Swiss Italian and had heart stents put in last year. I have not talked to him in a while. 

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i hope this is not my friend who is Swiss Italian and had heart stents put in last year. I have not talked to him in a while. 

Many Italians living also Hua Hin, this poor man go swimming thinking is well, with heart stents I not believe  possibility swimming on the sea

Archived