Video: Death of a Thai biker - clocked at 264 kmph

webfact

Video: Death of a Thai biker - clocked at 264 kmph

3pm_VI.jpg

A helmet cam video being widely shared on Facebook showed the last moments of a Thai big biker on a road on Petchabun in Thailand's north east. 

The speedster on a 998cc Yamaha YZF R1M had just reached a top speed of 264 kilometers per hour when he lost control on the Petchabun bypass on Sunday evening. 

Bits of 24 year old Surarat or "Nong Tonkao" and his bike were found over a wide area. 

His blood was shown on the base of a road sign. He died after suffering severe head and facial injuries.

The video - entitled "A warning to those who like speed" showed Tonkao lose control after racing alongside two friends. 

Sanook said that he had probably encountered roadworks after the brow of a hill and lost control. The road is being widened to four lanes at that point.

The accident occurred near the Night Coffee shop in Muang district after the bikers were coming home from a trip to Khao Kor. 

The Yamaha he was riding is a powerful machine that retails in Thailand for about 1.1 million baht. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-01

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Water off a ducks back, one problem is many here believe you will die when it's your fate to, so driving at speed, pissed up with no helmet while using line makes no difference. At the Police station last week over a bike rider smashing into us driving down the wrong side of the road I did point out that this sort of dangerous behaviour (condoned by the cops) is what leads to the thousands slaughtered on the roads here each year. Blank looks all round, expect the foreign brakes to get the blame in this case.

Idiot. Got what he deserved and never took anyone innocent with him.

Hope the video serves as a lesson / deterrent to any other deadhead wannabes hell bent on doing the same

If you want to ride at speeds like that, you should be ready to be killed, which is exactly what happened. No sympathy from me, other than for his family. Lucky he didn't take anyone else with him.

My friend did the same in Canada. He broke his helmet in 2 piece when he hit an electric pole. His mother pressured him to sell the bike or she would not pay his study. It was the day before he sold the bike. 

blame the birdpoop, the kee nok, for upsetting the windscreen aerodynamics!

...'Shared' on Facebook!  

more like 'Spread'...

but look at this deeper... the video was on His phone, therefore His Facebook - yet he didn't live to Upload it

Was it one of those LiveFeeds?  or did some Ghoul go through his phone for it?

1 minute ago, tifino said:

...'Shared' on Facebook!  

more like 'Spread'...

but look at this deeper... the video was on His phone, therefore His Facebook - yet he didn't live to Upload it

Was it one of those LiveFeeds?  or did some Ghoul go through his phone for it?

Try helmet cam ????????????

1 minute ago, Soupdragon said:

I hit 210 on my Honda 1000 before the girlfriend grabbed the emergency brakes....my nuts ????

wow that is fast. mine was cool as a cucumber at 160. 

I knew a 20 year old bar girl who loved to get on my bike and it was impossible to go fast enough for her.

We would go between Hua Hin and Cha Am in 14 minutes.

But that was when I was 60 and now at 64 I have grown up a bit and realized how dangerous that was.

Doing that sort of speed on a public B road is quite frankly insane, if it didn't happen this week it was going to happen sooner or later, it was a solo event and nobody else was involved (this time)

There are plenty of tracks in Thailand if people want to go for a reasonably safe blast

People watch MotoGP and see crashes at well above 264kmph and think it is all good if I am wearing the gear - no it isn't, there is nothing hard to hit on a track (except another bike) - on a public road you hit anything solid at more than 50kmph and you are dead no matter what you are wearing and there are plenty of solid things to hit.

RIP

7 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Try helmet cam ????????????

but, looking at the height, the angles; if a helmet cam (assuming on top of helmet, not side mounted)

- his chin must have been massaging his jewels, even at the start when still at 60kmh!

9 minutes ago, tifino said:

but, looking at the height, the angles; if a helmet cam (assuming on top of helmet, not side mounted)

- his chin must have been massaging his jewels, even at the start when still at 60kmh!

Maybe he was 4 foot 2 inches tall/short or it was a helmet cam mounted on the bike.

Edit

So it would show the speedo.

7 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Maybe he was 4 foot 2 inches tall/short or it was a helmet cam mounted on the bike.

Edit

So it would show the speedo.

the cam is mounted on his body 

Archived