BANGKOK
frodo77

Chiang Rai Immigration Office

Just a heads up, but I have been noticing that they are being more and more difficult to deal with, except for 90 day reporting. I myself had to jump through hoops earlier this week. Its sad.

• Sad 1

I completely disagree, every time I go there they are so curious and helpful , and have a smile as well.

You are basing it just on your own experience. I have been speaking with several people and my comment is not based just on my own experience.

I think the older lady is always a bit bitchy, but have not had any issues so far. Here is hoping to that you are wrong.

What kind of hoops did you have to jump through, just out of interest.

They are always nice with me
My wife deals with them,and they fill in the forms for me[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

Not easy to get the para wings.  To qualify you have to jump off a chair. 

Remind me again, what days are new visa applications accepted?

Tuesdays and Thursdays?

7 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

Remind me again, what days are new visa applications accepted?

Tuesdays and Thursdays?

Monday and Wednesday for retirement, not sure what you mean by new visa.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

Monday and Wednesday for retirement, not sure what you mean by new visa.

If you mean extensions based on marriage or retirement: Monday and Wednesday. But you can also apply at the Mae Sai office (not the border station!) 5 days a week.

Edited by damascase
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, damascase said:

If you mean extensions based on marriage or retirement: Monday and Wednesday. But you can also apply at the Mae Sai office (not the border station!) 5 days a week.

It has always been my understanding that marriage could be done any day of the week because the paperwork has to be sent off to Bangkok, anyway, for approval.  Retirement is limited to Monday and Wednesday because those are the two days the IO required to approve and sign the renewal is present at the Chiang Rai office.

6 hours ago, villagefarang said:

It has always been my understanding that marriage could be done any day of the week because the paperwork has to be sent off to Bangkok, anyway, for approval.  Retirement is limited to Monday and Wednesday because those are the two days the IO required to approve and sign the renewal is present at the Chiang Rai office.

You could very well be right. I was absolutely sure about the retirement based one and assumed - most likely incorrectly - that the same would be valid for a marriage extension; I wasn’t aware of the approval having to be granted by Bangkok.

By the way, I meant to quote the opening post instead of yours, sorry.

Ive had only positive experience from CR IMMG office ......................was there on wednesday last-week at about 2pm, not one customer in the office, just the 6 x immigration personnel, I thought maybe they are not open today, my first words why you not have customer, most had a chuckle and the girl at information says, we wait you 😀....................got my Cert of Residency in about 5 min, paid the 300 baht and I was gone with my Certificate 😌

• Like 1