BANGKOK
frodo77

Chiang Rai Immigration Office

17 hours ago, Rivo said:

Ive had only positive experience from CR IMMG office ......................was there on wednesday last-week at about 2pm, not one customer in the office, just the 6 x immigration personnel, I thought maybe they are not open today, my first words why you not have customer, most had a chuckle and the girl at information says, we wait you 😀....................got my Cert of Residency in about 5 min, paid the 300 baht and I was gone with my Certificate 😌

But you do realize that such a certificate is free, don’t you? Not that I am complaining, many immigration offices are a lot worse in this respect.

4 minutes ago, damascase said:

But you do realize that such a certificate is free, don’t you? Not that I am complaining, many immigration offices are a lot worse in this respect.

I have been told that before, and ive also been told some offices take a full month to get you a Certificate, ive had to get I think 3 x certificates of residency and everytime I have been charged 300 baht, and ive got them immediately, all in Chiang Rai so I have no experience in any other provinces.

1 hour ago, Rivo said:

I have been told that before, and ive also been told some offices take a full month to get you a Certificate, ive had to get I think 3 x certificates of residency and everytime I have been charged 300 baht, and ive got them immediately, all in Chiang Rai so I have no experience in any other provinces.

As I said, I am not complaining. I also happily paid 300 baht at the CR office for this certificate, which was issued immediately. Especially knowing that at some places it takes 3 - 4 weeks!

• Like 1

Only minutes spent in immigration today as we were the only customers.

Decided to test the new Western ring road/bypass and it took less than 15 minutes in pouring rain from 1211 to the Airport turn off.

On 5/1/2019 at 4:51 PM, frodo77 said:

You are basing it just on your own experience. I have been speaking with several people and my comment is not based just on my own experience.

How do you compare Chiang Rai with Chiang Mai immigration?

I have never been to Chiang Rai immigration but Chiang Mai immigration was hellish in the past. We used to queue early in the morning at 5 am. 

We still need to wait a few hours for certain transactions.

The crowd at CM immigration is huge.

Edited by EricTh

On 9/30/2019 at 11:51 AM, Rivo said:

In Chiang Mai, you have to wait 1 month for a free cert.

In Chiang Mai, you have to wait 1 month for a free cert.

Nothing that a bit of forward planning can’t overcome. I have to renew my driving licenses in Dec so will apply for my RC in November.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

How does Chiang Rai immigration compare to Mae Sai ? 

Cant tell you
All i know is that Mai Sai are good for me
(12 miles away) very polite and professional [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will be able to go to either but Mae Sai is probably closer and I suspect parking may be easier. More like 20 miles from us I think

• Like 1