Thai woman can claim "sex toy damages", top lawyer

webfact

Thai woman can claim "sex toy damages", top lawyer

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A top Thai online lawyer has clarified the law relating to sex toys and defamation. 

The comments come in the wake of the sacking of four employees of Kerry Express who showed the contents of a damaged parcel online. It contained a dildo and other sex toys addressed to a Thai woman . 

The female name of the recipient of the package was named in the comments section of the post on the @LA fan page, reported Daily News Online. 

Ratchaphon Sirisakhorn - who runs the "Sai Trong Kotmai" (Law Direct) page - is well known for offering his opinion about issues related to the law. 

He said that sex toys were illegal in Thailand both in selling and receiving them and even in aiding and abetting their use. 

But the seller of the toys could not claim damages as they had broken the law in the first place. 

However, the recipient could make a claim for loss of face. This could result in a jail term of 2 years for the Kerry employee or employees who posted the pictures and her name.

A fine of up to 200,000 baht could also be levied. 

In addition the woman could sue Kerry for damages and they in turn could sue the employees for the money. 

The four employees have been sacked by Kerry. They were not entitled to compensation, said the lawyer. 

Thaivisa notes that online lawyers are often quoted in news stories in Thailand.   

Lawyer Worayuth Bunwongsai created a stir last year when he said that people could be prosecuted for defamation if they insulted a Thai woman by saying she had small breasts. 

Calling a woman flat chested could get you a year in jail, reports suggested. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-01

40 minutes ago, webfact said:

However, the recipient could make a claim for loss of face. This could result in a jail term of 2 years for the Kerry employee or employees who posted the pictures and her name.

Incredible Thailand indeed.

I suppose it will be up to the cops to decide the percentage of face that was lost? How is that calculated I wonder. A bit of embarrassed cheek redness may be a 1 month lockup. Eyes averted downward and hand over the brow gets you 3 to 6 months. A full facepalm maybe 12 months. The dark glasses, smog mask and baseball cap would easily be 18 months and the full double facepalm earns you 2 years incarceration.

Or is there already a published scale of face loss against degree of punishment? In the Royal Gazette maybe?

25 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Incredible Thailand indeed.

I suppose it will be up to the cops to decide the percentage of face that was lost? How is that calculated I wonder. A bit of embarrassed cheek redness may be a 1 month lockup. Eyes averted downward and hand over the brow gets you 3 to 6 months. A full facepalm maybe 12 months. The dark glasses, smog mask and baseball cap would easily be 18 months and the full double facepalm earns you 2 years incarceration.

Or is there already a published scale of face loss against degree of punishment? In the Royal Gazette maybe?

Maybe there's a Pantone red colour chart that can be placed against the (facial) cheeks to show  the embarrassment factor, and hence determine financial recompense.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He said that sex toys were illegal in Thailand both in selling and receiving them and even in aiding and abetting their use. 

Sex toy gave Lawyer slaphead a Harvey Smith salute for his illegal jibes .. 

IMG_20190501_063015.jpg

The real story here is the laws of this country.

Do the authorities enjoy being the laughing stock of the entire world?

I suppose there is a death penalty for acquiring sex toys, just as there is for taking a selfie outside an airport and for seasteaders anchoring up in international waters outside Phuket 555

5 minutes ago, rick44 said:

The real story here is the laws of this country.

Do the authorities enjoy being the laughing stock of the entire world?

I suppose there is a death penalty for acquiring sex toys, just as there is for taking a selfie outside an airport and for seasteaders anchoring up in international waters outside Phuket 555

What goes on in so many countries even in the West is a pile of laws constantly introduced which means you will always be at the mercy of the state if they want to silence or prosecute you.  Like Stalin said "show me the man and I will show you the crime".

22 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

What goes on in so many countries even in the West is a pile of laws constantly introduced which means you will always be at the mercy of the state if they want to silence or prosecute you.  Like Stalin said "show me the man and I will show you the crime".

This is so true. And Thailand is one step ahead in terms of stupid laws. Which would be laughable... except they are used to trap innocent citizens. Is there a sinister reason, or just the usual laziness?

Apparently her boyfriend will leave her because people knowing you enjoy sex and find it fun is abhorrent. 

While anyone who can apply logic and reason will think the boyfriend is an immature narcissist playing the morality card, many here will find his act virtuous. 

Sex toys and sex for pleasure and fun is bad (especially if you’re a woman).

Corruption is fine. 

Come on seriously. Haven’t you seen male body parts made of wood in different colors at shops near temples and in stores almost everywhere. I have seen keychains even in plain sight. I was told they are supposed to be good luck charms. So, someone motorized these lucky charms. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

...He said that sex toys were illegal in Thailand both in selling and receiving them and even in aiding and abetting their use...

The top Thai online lawyer did not say what the penalty for receiving a sex toy is. Does anybody know what it is?

Can anybody post a link to the sex toy law?

11 hours ago, Puccini said:

I am looking for the URL of the Facebook page Sai Trong Kotmai mentioned in the OP. Searching for it on the Facebook site, I got this:

742535581_SaiTrongKotmai.gif.bb46df6bd3fd8b7ac2229dc76191bd53.gif

Presumably his Facebook page will be 'Sai Trong Kotmai' in Thai language, something like "สายตรงหมาย" (honest legal line).

Archived