list a condo rental through airbnb?

notrub

I have a friend who owns a very nice condo in Jomtien 2 minutes from the beach c/w big, clean swimming pool, is quiet etc..  It is 2 studios professionally made into one 2 BR apartment.  He relies on the local agent, in the building, to rent it for him and look after the property (sort of).  Would it be legal for him to list it with Airbnb and still rent it via the agent he already uses?  I don't know what effort the agent makes to find clients for him but rentals are few and far between.  My thoughts are that the agent could still hold the key and clean etc. but that there must be something that he can do to promote his property more than what is currently being done.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  BTW He lives near me in Bururam province and comes here from time to time.

I am interested for him but also am thinking about buying a unit for 2 or 3M THB as an investment.  If his experience is typical I would probably not invest here. 

I have been living in Chamonix, France for over 25 years and involved in holiday rentals during that time.  Both as an owner and as a contractor renovating properties owned by others.  Management of properties here is not carried out in the same way as I am used to.  Any thoughts on locating an efficient, honest agent?  Not that my friend intends to, just for my information.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Its illegal to rent less than a month on Air BNB in Thailand however Everybody ignores it. Air BNB is easy to join just follow the bouncing ball .

Your friend will need to pay the agent something to check guests in for him but many people arrive at midnight on cheap flights so has to be someone to greet them unless you specifically provide check in times as an option within Air BNB set up

Archived