Keto Spammers

MJCM

There is as you may have noticed a real influx of spammer which are promoting Keto.

Wouldn't it be possible for Admin to write a script that delete all new members post who have a post count of 1 and create a topic which has Keto in the Title line instead of letting Moderators do all the work ??

Oke that would also Cull a post by a newbie asking about Keto, but what is the chance of that ????

3 minutes ago, simon43 said:

why not have a script to delete all posts that have a URL in the title?  That will clear a good number of these spam posts.

Indeed.

18 hours ago, Maestro said:

The idea proposed by the OP is good but impractical. Members can help by clicking on the report button below a spam post.

Below?  On my computer it is at top (and hidden - mouse over to see).  

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

why not have a script to delete all posts that have a URL in the title?  That will clear a good number of these spam posts.

Yep even better !! Good one !!

14 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

Can you write a script that picks up any combination of keto in any order, i.e. toke.  This will get rid of keto spammers and tokers all in one fell swoop.  

Yep you can (NOT tested ???? )

$Letter = StringSplit("E,K,O,T,e,k,o,t", ",")
Combi("", 4)
Func Combi($Str, $MaxLen)
Dim $i
    if StringLen($Str) = $MaxLen Then
        Send("Combination = " & $Str & @CRLF)
        Return
    EndIf
    For $i = 1 to $Letter[0]
        Combi($Str & $Letter[$i], $MaxLen)
    Next
EndFunc

11 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Yep you can (NOT tested ???? )

$Letter = StringSplit("E,K,O,T,e,k,o,t", ",")
Combi("", 4)
Func Combi($Str, $MaxLen)
Dim $i
    if StringLen($Str) = $MaxLen Then
        Send("Combination = " & $Str & @CRLF)
        Return
    EndIf
    For $i = 1 to $Letter[0]
        Combi($Str & $Letter[$i], $MaxLen)
    Next
EndFunc

I reckon we'll be headhunted by Thai Visa soon enough.  Let's get our heads together on salary negotiations and image rights.  

The well-intentioned suggestions made here ignore the fact that Thaivisa does not run on its own software but on software supplied by a third party. Obviously, this software already has some measures in place to identify spammers as quickly as possible and keep them out for the benefit of all users of this software, but the less we go into details the better for this defence to work.

Thx Maestro.

Maybe you can suggest them (the makers of the software (Innvision I believe?) for example the (optional) blocking of putting web links as topic title as suggested by simon43.

Just a suggestion of course.

Archived