Self-employed

1 minute ago, epicking said:

Yes it is.
Just create an "investment company" for some 4 mill bath.
With that comes one foreign work permit

Can the value of a condo be the investment? And would the company have to have 4 thai employees?

Here im not sure about the 4 Thai employees.
As I was explained recently by a Thai Lawyer, I would only have to hire 4 Thai employees IF I hired another foreigner. Not myself as the first.
As for the investment, I believe that the investment you make would have to have "income potential".
I would suggest you contact a lawyer to explain it properly.
I paid some 1200 bath for the first introduction hour and got lots of info.
However, be aware of all the award rules there are when you create a Thai company. You can not own more than 49% and the rest is owned by some "thai people" that the lawyer arrange.
You can however, switch them anytime you like

30 minutes ago, epicking said:

Here im not sure about the 4 Thai employees.
As I was explained recently by a Thai Lawyer, I would only have to hire 4 Thai employees IF I hired another foreigner. Not myself as the first.
As for the investment, I believe that the investment you make would have to have "income potential".
I would suggest you contact a lawyer to explain it properly.
I paid some 1200 bath for the first introduction hour and got lots of info.
However, be aware of all the award rules there are when you create a Thai company. You can not own more than 49% and the rest is owned by some "thai people" that the lawyer arrange.
You can however, switch them anytime you lik

Thanks, I,d forgotton the 49% bit. I believe you can do 2 companies one owning 51% of the other, but it,s too much hassle. Thanks anyway

Is it possible to get a work permit in Thailand for yourself if you're self-employed?

To OP,

If you're talking about applying for a work permit on your own without spending much money?

Answer: IS NO...

Edited by BertM

2 hours ago, bigginhill said:

Thanks, I,d forgotton the 49% bit. I believe you can do 2 companies one owning 51% of the other, but it,s too much hassle. Thanks anyway

Thats right. I know people who do that too

5 hours ago, SteveK said:

4 million baht is $125,000 - no chance!

The OP is probably asking how to apply for a work permit similar to how people apply for visas. I don't think he's at all interested in spending tons of money in some investment scheme or setting up a company to obtain a work permit to be able to work from his home. Just my guess. He really needs to explain more for anyone to help.

Edited by BertM