Approached by blacks, threatened and ridiculed.

Date Masamune

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Never, ever go to the police, except in an absolute emergency, when there are no other options. The percentage chance, the police will help you here, in minuscule. However, you could potentially have all kinds of problems on your hands, and you could be the one who ends up paying for an imaginary crime, or offense. It is not like in the West, where the police serve a designated function for society. They are all franchisees here. 

Must be something to do with your face . I have found the Thai police to be very helpful and approachable . They have come to my rescue many times in differnet parts of the kingdom . But then I dont look like im on drugs and an alcoholic . If you approach the police in a respectful and polite manner in my experience they are far better than the UK police and forget the USA police seems they like to murder too much . Royal Thai Police we salute you .

2 hours ago, watcharacters said:

"But yet in the title, you write 'Blacks'. Why is that? Why not Africans? Or were they neither African nor African American?"

Me thinks maybe they were part of an active imagination.

I don't recall  ever reading such a funny statement as  "Suddenly he  grabbed my arm and said if I don't "give me 40 dollars" he would call the Police! I made a mistake then confronting him verbally (So I dont want drugs and you will call Police OK go ahead)."

Really?   A drug dealer treating to call the police if a potential customer refuses to buy?

That's rich.

You do know Thai police take bribes to allow illegal activities. They are technically silent partners in crime. Unless I'm mistaken years ago the UN categorized the Thai police as the largest organized crime syndicate in the world. I wouldn't be surprised that criminals call on their partners for assistance. 

i have had african hookers grab my arm with force when i clearly had no interest in them. some can be very nasty. i am glad a high % of them have been deported but the few remaining ones may be financially hurting and this could be a new tactic to get money.

OP, thanks for posting this. Hope others will take notice and avoid the area. RTP keep posting news about raids in that area. Hope they increase their efforts to arrest these criminals. You could start by reporting the incident your hotel. 

1 hour ago, Scutty said:

Must be something to do with your face . I have found the Thai police to be very helpful and approachable . They have come to my rescue many times in differnet parts of the kingdom . But then I dont look like im on drugs and an alcoholic . If you approach the police in a respectful and polite manner in my experience they are far better than the UK police and forget the USA police seems they like to murder too much . Royal Thai Police we salute you .

thanks for the comic relief

priceless

Ok!  Let's get it On....it ALL ends here and now.  You want it, bring it on for $40.  If I go I'm taking as many of you with me....Heaven or Hell I have friends on both sides. THat's my answer!!!  Otherwise, go to any police station and file a report.  Ask a local police officer or google it.  Good luck.

355ea1ff386c4568209e18d14f0e1a2f.jpg

34fdab265448ec8dc7c893b6062db9dc.jpg

I'll bet 50,000 Baht that your story is fake. Prove your story and 50k is yours. Serious Offer!

Here is how you prove it. Go to Lumpini Police Station and report the incidence, regardless of what you're being told here, they'll take you seriously. Clearly state to them that you intend to take your experience to the international press if nothing is done. They'll ask you to file a police report and they'll ask you to come back in 4 or 5 days to review cctv footage of the event, you can take pics of the footage and post a copy of the police report here and boom 50k is yours. I'm a man of my word, I promise.

Also assuming your story is true, I have a friend who's been doing a documentary on Urban Crime in SE Asia for the past 2 months and should be wrapping up in about a week or so. He's looking for people with reals stories, no fakes. I'd like you to get on cam for this, if this really happened the RTP needs to see it and do something about it.

So the ball is in your court. Easy 50k, your move.

10 minutes ago, jessebkk1 said:

I'll bet 50,000 Baht that your story is fake. Prove your story and 50k is yours. Serious Offer!

Here is how you prove it. Go to Lumpini Police Station and report the incidence, regardless of what you're being told here, they'll take you seriously. Clearly state to them that you intend to take your experience to the international press if nothing is done. They'll ask you to file a police report and they'll ask you to come back in 4 or 5 days to review cctv footage of the event, you can take pics of the footage and post a copy of the police report here and boom 50k is yours. I'm a man of my word, I promise.

Also assuming your story is true, I have a friend who's been doing a documentary on Urban Crime in SE Asia for the past 2 months and should be wrapping up in about a week or so. He's looking for people with reals stories, no fakes. I'd like you to get on cam for this, if this really happened the RTP needs to see it and do something about it.

So the ball is in your court. Easy 50k, your move.

OP, go for it!!! ( If your story is true, of course. )

LOL Is this offer open to anyone?  African hookers are grabbing my crotch all the time.  Never considered reporting it, always thought it was one of the benefits of lower Sukhumvit.

6 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

You posted at 4am, it was near the main red light districts and nothing really happened, you were merely hastled and frightened by that.  You now think the area is no longer safe, well show me district with a red light area anywhere in the world where you can walk in the early hours safe from people hastling you.

Amsterdam

6 hours ago, madmen said:

Yawn. The dealers are extremely low key and DO NOT assault people LMAO the last thing they want is police confrontation and an excuse to get deported. Ive been lower sukhumvit for 12 years and watched there numbers diminish by 80% from the street bar days and they are CONSTANTLY harrased by the BIB on Sukhumvit 

Op is total BS sorry OP but a troll is a troll...They asked you for $40 and not baht? there is my proof

What does LMAO stand for? Another member of the Lazy Keyboards brigade.

3 hours ago, Scutty said:

Try refusing to contribute to the Royal Thai Police tea money fund and you will soon see how nice they are.????

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Never, ever go to the police, except in an absolute emergency, when there are no other options. The percentage chance, the police will help you here, in minuscule. However, you could potentially have all kinds of problems on your hands, and you could be the one who ends up paying for an imaginary crime, or offense. It is not like in the West, where the police serve a designated function for society. They are all franchisees here. 

Really? So no one should ever go to the Thai Police?

Now, what would qualify as an absolute emergency? And then... the RTP will do the duty they are supposed to do?

I've done 15+ years here, frequently in Nana for work projects, evening strolls and meals at restaurants. Not once has a person of any color or no color at all made even the slightest attempt to speak to me about anything one might call a drug. Even when I was hoping... 

To the OP, definitely go in person to the Thonglor police station, they have never shown themselves to be corrupt or dishonest in any way, shape or form. They'll be happy to see you. They like people like you.

5 hours ago, salavan said:

I also got confronted by a big fat black woman in the same area she pushed me against the wall and put her hand in my top pocket and grabbed 300baht I managed to grab her hand and twist it, got my 300 baht back she squealed like a pig when I twisted her hand

Well, maybe you should have given your wife the 300 baht at breakfast, rather than wait for her to try to grab it... ????

6 hours ago, BobbyL said:

From Soi 11 / 8 downwards it is an absolute abomination. Yet you have $1Million condos being built around there. Utter madness. 

Actually the Q condo next door to nana BTS are selling 1 to 5 million US dollars. There is brand new footpath nearly finished from soi4 to Asoke. Whole sois have been ripped up and new drains , massive pipes and new concrete rds from soi 13 , 15 and upwards. They Cleared out the street bars and street stalls , cleared out elephants years ago..In other words its being transformed from red light to white light. The 5 star Hyatt regency has just opened corner soi 13 once the lowest class soi , so why did hyatt invest billions? a stone throw from nana bts?? 

Im afraid the only mad one is you and the guy in my pic ????. Historically all red light districts get built out as populations increase and land decreases. I saw this in OZ when I bought and saw this in lower sukhumvit where I bought 12 years ago.

So you comment as $ 1 million is utter madness is actually utter short sightness on your part. 

Archived