Approached by blacks, threatened and ridiculed.

Date Masamune

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Date Masamune said:

What Police Station  can I go tomorrow to report this?

Should have called them as soon as you got to the hotel desk and have had the hotel staff help, or if you had a phone you should have called immediately to report an assault and attempted robbery.  At this late date, doubt if you'll be taken too seriously.  BTW, consider carefully what you report.  If they don't believe you, than you can be arrested and charged with filing a false report.  It happens.  :thumbsup:

1965463485_Screenshotfrom2019-05-0218-39-46.png.4eed355b7d9396e7e529db20c6ae2078.png

That could be a traumatic experience. If you could share what you wear without showing your face. Maybe we would know why they approach you and advise on your appeal in future?

Sometimes it's either how your face look, sometimes it's how you wear and other times you just happened to be in their way of wealth scam.

Funny, I was always approached by people offering Happy Ending at those alley nearby. A few times I experienced 50% discount on a 4 hour long full body massage in Thailand. But rather than keep the change, I just gave it as a tip to the masseurs.
Other than that, I would dine in Muslim style restaurant despite I am not Muslim and Pattani descendant myself. At first the waitress and restaurant owner gave me a second look could be due to my yellow skin and I don't look like their race. But when the food arrive, to their surprised I dine like them and able to communicate their dialect which isn't my mother tongue at all due to my childhood experience with different region of Malay slang.
On the other hand, I happened to show the local Thai from different province how to take the train despite I spoke broken  and very little Thai as I travel to Thai once every 5 years.
I really have an unexpected life adventure in Thailand.

I had my bag pickpocketed some years back (yeah I know its not what happened to you - pretty scary!) I went to the police station up past Phrom Phone I think it was, and the top officer there was very helpful and three weeks later after I gave statement about what I could remember they came to my hotel with all politeness and wais and apologies for the bad experience I had and gave me back my wallet and phone !

Go to the nearest police station in the morning and make a report. Sit now and write about anything you can remember about the people times place etc etc.

Don't listen to the jaded numb nuts here who say its not worth the while to go and report.

Thai immigration (and thus the police under the pressure of the hard arse running the joint now) is down hard on such people and they will string this area and catch bastards that accosted you. Take care of yourself and maybe stay clear of that area ass some have suggested.  

12 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I believe that's Lumpini station's area but don't be surprised if they're not interested - how do you think these guys can operate out in the open on a busy city street?

Wouldn't this be Thonglor police?

Thought Lumpini is Pathumean area.

We know it has been blown out of proportion. I also have never been accosted there, though it has been a while since I visited the area. Not my favourite as I prefer the riverside.

I did speak to one African clothing exporter there though....and he confided in me that once you are in a gang....you can never leave. Actually felt a bit sorry for him. Left it at that.

11 hours ago, salavan said:

I also got confronted by a big fat black woman in the same area she pushed me against the wall and put her hand in my top pocket and grabbed 300baht I managed to grab her hand and twist it, got my 300 baht back she squealed like a pig when I twisted her hand

A big black fat woman ... we can read into that quote...Starts with R .She need where to put her hand to find money .. And strong enough to push you up against a wall .Squealed like a PIG ! Then you just calmly walked away from her.  I think you are telling pork pies ... 

6 hours ago, madmen said:

The 5 star Hyatt regency has just opened corner soi 13 once the lowest class soi , so why did hyatt invest billions?

Right. And the entire front of Hyatt is now a hooker parking lot at night. That sidewalk used to be full of street bars and street food - quite nice - now it's just full of hookers. Luxury hotels full of businessmen don't deter hookers - on the contrary - they stand there for a reason.

If they were ever successful in "cleaning it up" completely, the entire lower Sukhumvit area would go bankrupt. Like it or not, sexpats and sex tourists are the area's main source of income.

16 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

You posted at 4am, it was near the main red light districts and nothing really happened, you were merely hastled and frightened by that.  You now think the area is no longer safe, well show me district with a red light area anywhere in the world where you can walk in the early hours safe from people hastling you.

Nothing I can say about people who don't believe what I posted everything occurred exactly as I wrote. I am now "safely" back in Chiang Mai although somewhat still disturbed. After eating dinner at a new Thai restaurant in Santitam with local friends who are very straight laced I wanted another beer after and walked towards a pub, not much here open after midnight.  I saw a bunch of Thai bikers there and I was scared (I would never enter a biker bar in the US) and almost turned around and but realized it was all in my mind and the situation was safe enough. Of course nobody paid the slightest attention to me and I had a Chang/ice bucket  listening to a rock band, just kids with black vests really but last nights experience is still affecting me and traumatic. I have been coming to Thailand since 1999 and the only time I have ever been hassled ecxept 1 occasion with a local boatman over chatting up a girl on Ko Phi Phi, was due to aggressive Euro/Farangs. 

4 hours ago, kevvy said:

A big black fat woman ... we can read into that quote...Starts with R .She need where to put her hand to find money .. And strong enough to push you up against a wall .Squealed like a PIG ! Then you just calmly walked away from her.  I think you are telling pork pies ... 

I have had ladyboys reach for a wallet, African women grab my arm 

A few years ago near the Grace hotel I was accosted  by a woman in full Islamic garb offering sex. Lower Suk can resemble the Cantina scene from Star Wars, this story is believable IMHO

20 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Straying a bit far from Soi 3 area aren't they?  Still what with Soweto Alley being long gone an all...

Soweto alley? I thought they were mostly Nigerian? Soweto is in South Africa right? "Lagos alley" be more fitting..

13 hours ago, madmen said:

Actually the Q condo next door to nana BTS are selling 1 to 5 million US dollars. There is brand new footpath nearly finished from soi4 to Asoke. Whole sois have been ripped up and new drains , massive pipes and new concrete rds from soi 13 , 15 and upwards. They Cleared out the street bars and street stalls , cleared out elephants years ago..In other words its being transformed from red light to white light. The 5 star Hyatt regency has just opened corner soi 13 once the lowest class soi , so why did hyatt invest billions? a stone throw from nana bts?? 

Im afraid the only mad one is you and the guy in my pic ????. Historically all red light districts get built out as populations increase and land decreases. I saw this in OZ when I bought and saw this in lower sukhumvit where I bought 12 years ago.

So you comment as $ 1 million is utter madness is actually utter short sightness on your part. 

Fair points, but I wouldn't like to live anywhere near the likes of Soi 4 or Soi 3. Let's see what it's like in 5 years. 

15 hours ago, TTL2 said:

That could be a traumatic experience. If you could share what you wear without showing your face. Maybe we would know why they approach you and advise on your appeal in future?

Sometimes it's either how your face look, sometimes it's how you wear and other times you just happened to be in their way of wealth scam.

Funny, I was always approached by people offering Happy Ending at those alley nearby. A few times I experienced 50% discount on a 4 hour long full body massage in Thailand. But rather than keep the change, I just gave it as a tip to the masseurs.
Other than that, I would dine in Muslim style restaurant despite I am not Muslim and Pattani descendant myself. At first the waitress and restaurant owner gave me a second look could be due to my yellow skin and I don't look like their race. But when the food arrive, to their surprised I dine like them and able to communicate their dialect which isn't my mother tongue at all due to my childhood experience with different region of Malay slang.
On the other hand, I happened to show the local Thai from different province how to take the train despite I spoke broken  and very little Thai as I travel to Thai once every 5 years.
I really have an unexpected life adventure in Thailand.

Its great that you're appreciating yourself so much.

4 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Fair points, but I wouldn't like to live anywhere near the likes of Soi 4 or Soi 3. Let's see what it's like in 5 years. 

Nothing much will change in 5 years, those foolish enough to retire there due to close proximity to the red light areas will continue to shuffle around in the slum alleys below the other half who live in their luxury appartments high above, largely unaware of what is occuring below their blocks carpark.

2 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

, those foolish enough to retire there due to close proximity to the red light areas will continue to shuffle around in the slum alleys 

The saddest thing I have read in a long long time ...Those fools  !!!

23 hours ago, jessebkk1 said:

I'll bet 50,000 Baht that your story is fake. Prove your story and 50k is yours. Serious Offer!

Here is how you prove it. Go to Lumpini Police Station and report the incidence, regardless of what you're being told here, they'll take you seriously. Clearly state to them that you intend to take your experience to the international press if nothing is done. They'll ask you to file a police report and they'll ask you to come back in 4 or 5 days to review cctv footage of the event, you can take pics of the footage and post a copy of the police report here and boom 50k is yours. I'm a man of my word, I promise.

Also assuming your story is true, I have a friend who's been doing a documentary on Urban Crime in SE Asia for the past 2 months and should be wrapping up in about a week or so. He's looking for people with reals stories, no fakes. I'd like you to get on cam for this, if this really happened the RTP needs to see it and do something about it.

So the ball is in your court. Easy 50k, your move.

Just to add some authenticity to this you need to go to City Hall and review the CCTV yourself.

Been there done that unfortunately.

You'd be surprised how much of Bangkok is well covered.

18 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Right. And the entire front of Hyatt is now a hooker parking lot at night. That sidewalk used to be full of street bars and street food - quite nice - now it's just full of hookers. Luxury hotels full of businessmen don't deter hookers - on the contrary - they stand there for a reason.

If they were ever successful in "cleaning it up" completely, the entire lower Sukhumvit area would go bankrupt. Like it or not, sexpats and sex tourists are the area's main source of income.

I can guarantee you that the Hyatt won't let you bring any of those ladies (or pseudo-ladies) back to your room, no matter how much of a "fine" you pay the night receptionist.

12 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Funny, you get reports that the low end of Sukhumvit are selling drugs, and other reports saying in the Asoke area they are random urine testing Farangs, says it all really

Random urine testing Farage, you say? I'm not surprised, that idiot's got to be on some pretty strong drugs. Brexit Party, LOL, what a complete joke. "Turkeys voting for Christmas" and all that...

6 hours ago, Scutty said:

The saddest thing I have read in a long long time ...Those fools  !!!

Its the most overpriced part of town, the apartments are high priced but the area is filthy, its a far worse standard of life than in most of the low priced districts, some work there so it makes sense to them to avoid rush hour and so they are willing to pay, but tbose who dont work there, they're just getting far less for their money to be near some of the lowest class hookers in Bangkok, now that is sad.

On 5/3/2019 at 7:09 AM, bartender100 said:

Funny, you get reports that the low end of Sukhumvit are selling drugs, and other reports saying in the Asoke area they are random urine testing Farangs, says it all really

They stopped doing this in 2017 after a tidal wave of negative publicity and social media pressure. 

Archived