Little girl will not see the first day of term: Killed on bike with mum in collision with Benz

webfact

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

How about "Vehicular Manslaughter" with life in prison. No parole.

well vehicular manslaughter for sure.  Now if he was on a cell phone and that was why he was not paying attention, then go criminal on his ass

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

well vehicular manslaughter for sure.  Now if he was on a cell phone and that was why he was not paying attention, then go criminal on his ass

In Thailand, a manslaughter charge is only laid if there was a proven intent to injure which then resulted in death.  Driving carelessly is a traffic offense, it is not criminal, the only cases where a driving offense has resulted in a manslaughter charge are when there has been evidence that they were attacking the person who died, such as the recent minivan driver who killed during a road rage attack.  This benz driver will not face a criminal charge if its deemed they were mot paying attention.

2 hours ago, z42 said:

If the driver of the Benz wasn't looking where he was going, then it is reasonable to press charges of careless driving resulting in death.

It is also reasonable to assume that as a Benz and a businessman are involved that the BiB are holding back as the sizes of envelopes needs to be determined ????

RIP to the 2 victims here, very sad 

You mean, "It is also reasonable to assume that as a Benz and a businessman are involved that the BiB are holding back as the sizes of envelopes, if any, needs to be determined."

Thai logic, car big, bike small = car guilty, that really is what it's like. No mention of what the bike was doing or where it was, lack of helmets etc. The law seems to take a back seat and there are not enough details apart from driver not looking, bike rider probably the same.

49 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Which is why he probably freely admitted to "not paying attention". Alleviates questins about the real cause of the accident which could have lead to charges. e.g. Using phone, being drunk, or even mia noi giving him a BJ and the accident occurred when he was having his squinty eyed moment.

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Which is why he probably freely admitted to "not paying attention". Alleviates questins about the real cause of the accident which could have lead to charges. e.g. Using phone, being drunk, or even mia noi giving him a BJ and the accident occurred when he was having his squinty eyed moment.

She probably bit off more than she could chew.

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

How about "Vehicular Manslaughter" with life in prison. No parole.

But you're forgetting the 'Get out of jail free' card that comes with every Mercedes Benz purchased in Thailand.

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

The first post (from webfact) you've quoted above is the OP.

There are no quote marks in the OP to indicate they are the spoken words of the car driver. Therefore there's no proof he said it.

Just now, Rally123 said:

There are no quote marks in the OP to indicate they are the spoken words of the car driver. Therefore there's no proof he said it.

I put quote marks in when I quoted the OP. Pedantic or what?

RIP to the mother and daughter and would also be interested to know whether the victims were wearing helmets which were secured properly.

I'm not being callous at all, just interested as what I witness on a daily basis is motorcyclists who give themselves absolutely no chance of survival through the lack of a helmet or do have a helmet but not safely secured to their heads.  

4 hours ago, Vacuum said:

One can hope, especially when raeding this:

But then again, businessman, Benz owner and perhaps an influential person. Can't hope for a too harsh penalty.

Many horrific accident in the last 4-5 years caused by Benz driver  !  They know they are safe in case of impact and in case they <kill> someone they have the budget ad sometime connection to take care of it.

May they both RIP.. When I read that they were "happily" on their way home after buying stationary for her first day in school my heart (and eyes) filled up...that hasn't happened for a long long time.

This news came after my just hearing on the news about the action of a "real" hero in Charlotte where another school shooting took place. A young man, Riley Howell, gave his life by running at the shooter and in the process saving many other lives.

I am getting old now and sometimes I really look forward to when my time has come to an end.

Road Violence comes in all forms, lawlessness is at the root of these problems.  Notice the article says, was not looking where he was going and slammed into the mother and child , yet no charges have been filed.  

True Story

The other day, a motorist almost hit the back of my motorbike, then passed me very close and cut me off. Out of impulse, I flipped the guy off. He pulled off the road near my stop, walked up to me, punching me in the chest and then said he was going to kill me. I suspect he was going to get his gun, but realized too many spectators were now watching. I asked for someone to call the Police, they just watched on.  I'm 67, he's about 30. 

PS... 

ARE YOU Kidding me!!! <deleted> is wrong with Thailand...this just happened yesterday...AGAIN???????  So the ones that are so convinced it's safe here still like riding your motorcycles. HUH????  Ok! Keep the rose colored glasses on! 

9 minutes ago, mike787 said:

ARE YOU Kidding me!!! <deleted> is wrong with Thailand...this just happened yesterday...AGAIN???????  So the ones that are so convinced it's safe here still like riding your motorcycles. HUH????  Ok! Keep the rose colored glasses on! 

I passed one yesterday, older boy holding the hand of a younger boy, his body was all twisted up and as i watched he started to convulse, the look on that boys face will stay with me a while, it was likely his little brother he was holding on to, meanwhile the driver of the car who hit just him stayed in his car.

5 hours ago, Rally123 said:

Says who? I don't see that quoted in the OP. All it is is a tragic accident that hasn't been yet fully investigated and the 'lynch party' are already calling for blood. For all we know the woman motorcyclist may be completely at fault. Usually the case here in Ting Tong land.

So now we have one person who havent looked where he was driving and one that is defending the one that didnt look where he was going without reading the article....????

8 minutes ago, Mangkhut said:

So now we have one person who havent looked where he was driving and one that is defending the one that didnt look where he was going without reading the article....????

In fairness the article isn't clear or something, as usual, is lost in translation.  The article states Thai Rath said but doesn't clarify where they came by this information.

Archived