Little girl will not see the first day of term: Killed on bike with mum in collision with Benz

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in the area and this very sad story has created a lot of discussion about the elderly driver of the Benz and the possibility of him speeding and his capability to drive such a vehicle. I will not elaborate. RIP mum and daughter.

22 hours ago, Vacuum said:

One can hope, especially when raeding this:

But then again, businessman, Benz owner and perhaps an influential person. Can't hope for a too harsh penalty.

No excuses for what happened at all and if guilty the punishment must be appropriate. But there’s no justification for jumping to conclusions, The MB in the photo is a very old model; probably cost less than a new pick-up. I doubt he’s influential just because he was driving it.

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Rath said that 72 year old businessman Sittisak Phimrasee, the car driver, was not looking where he was going and slammed into the mother and child sending them flying across a median strip.

Mercedes Benz... businessman... on his way to inspect fields... the whole thing is starting to stink. I do hope I am way off the mark and this idiot gets the full brunt of the law. If it ('the law) is applied, for a start.

23 hours ago, bluesofa said:

In a way it's good he didn't try to make an excuse for hitting the two pedestrians.

When I'm driving I know I have to be single-minded in concentrating on the road and potential accidents waiting to happen.

My Thai family seem oblivious to it, constantly asking if I saw the food stall way off to one side, or did I notice the shop we just passed selling whatever.

They are honestly baffled when I tell them I'm concentrating only the road.

It's remarkable isn't it? My passengers also think I am on a scenic tour whenever I drive. And when I tell them no, I didn't see what they were gaping at, I get annoying questions like "don't you open your eyes when you drive?".

My answer: "I do open my eyes. I can either focus on the road and we arrive at our destination, or focus on the scenery and we all end up in the hospital. Or the morgue. Your choice."

That always shuts them up.

16 hours ago, manarak said:

Is it possible to report a headline for being unnecessarily inflammatory?

A sad traffic accident remains a sad traffic accident, but a little girl killed by a rich man's evil benz? ah come on

"Little girl will not see the first day of term: Killed on bike with mum in collision with Benz"

No mention of evil, no mention of rich, it was you who invented those unnecessarily inflammatory adjectives, while the actual headline took an objective stance.

On 5/2/2019 at 9:46 AM, darksidedog said:

I can't help but feel that the car being a Benz, and the driver being a businessman, means that no charges will be laid.

Some money will change hands, with a significant chunk going to the cops, and that will be the end of it.

He should have been automatically arrested and thrown in jail. two lives lost because he wasn't paying attention.

I agree with you basically. But, how do we know he "wasn't paying attention". Did he say this? Was it the cops who said this? Or was it the reporter?

Terrible fatal accident. But can't see any facts about how it happened in the report. 

6 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

"Little girl will not see the first day of term: Killed on bike with mum in collision with Benz"

No mention of evil, no mention of rich, it was you who invented those unnecessarily inflammatory adjectives, while the actual headline took an objective stance.

the make of the car in the accident is as relevant as the two african illegal immigrants in a total of 400 illegals that were recently nabbed.

3 hours ago, manarak said:

the make of the car in the accident is as relevant as the two african illegal immigrants in a total of 400 illegals that were recently nabbed.

They also told us it was a little girl, it was purposely inflamatory to tell us more than that it was a human, right?

6 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

I agree with you basically. But, how do we know he "wasn't paying attention". Did he say this? Was it the cops who said this? Or was it the reporter?

Terrible fatal accident. But can't see any facts about how it happened in the report. 

Its what any lawyer will tell you to say, as in Thailand not paying attention is not a crime, even if someone dies.  

4 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

They also told us it was a little girl, it was purposely inflamatory to tell us more than that it was a human, right?

They didn't tell us whether the young girl was provided with a helmet by her parents' that was secured to her head, though.  

A message to all Westerners living here.

Never, ever, ever, take your child on a scooter or motorbike onto Thai roads.

Just because the locals do, you should never even consider it. 

Bye bye kid. Just another child killed due to their parent putting them on a scooter on Thai roads. 

Archived