Viral video: Thai hothead behaving badly on a Hong Kong bus

webfact

Viral video: Thai hothead behaving badly on a Hong Kong bus

5pm_VI.jpg

Caption: Hothead waiting a long time for the bus!

A video is going viral on Thai social media that shows an apparent Thai man arguing with a bus driver in Hong Kong. 

The video is in Chinese with Thai subtitles. The passenger is complaining about having to wait an hour for the bus. 

He starts off by asking rudely what the driver's problem is. 

The driver is very confused and asks, what problem exactly? 

After this continues for a while the driver - displaying a good degree of restraint - explains that buses are not all that fast. 

Still the Thai goes on...and on. 

The man is encouraged to get off.....but it appears that he is angling for a fight with the driver as he invites him to "come outside". 

The driver remains calmly in his seat to which the Thai - perhaps the worse for wear due to a little Chinese rice wine - asks: "Are you a man?"

That appears to be enough for the driver who makes a call on his mobile that Daily News said was to the police to get the man off the bus. 

Many netizens were sharing the video - some asked: "Was he really Thai"?"

He certainly seemed to be as at one or two points in the video he resorted to Thai language - the driver telling him that he didn't understand that language. 

Other netizens accepted he was Thai and apologized on behalf of the Thai nation for their compatriot's bizarre and rude behavior. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-02

26 minutes ago, webfact said:

Other netizens accepted he was Thai and apologized on behalf of the Thai nation

So often here people won’t take responsibility for their own actions but are happy to apologize on the behalf of others. 

28 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:

It must be the western diet that the new generation of Thai's are eating.....they're becoming more and more "Westernized"!

image.jpeg.82aabf322403b639e71e710f81fa239e.jpeg

Why must everything be blamed on "the West" nowadays? Are Thai positive advances also due to being "Westernized"?

Nice try at shoehorning your ideology - but by throwing them a free pass through blaming crappy behavior on Western influence (an increasingly common pastime in the last decade) you're actually patronizingly denigrating Thai society by implying they are not advanced or self actualizing enough to be capable of the full range of human expression (both the good AND the bad aspects) of their own accord. Just another shade of neocolonialism really.

let the driver bring it on, with the Police

Chinese (mainland) lawmakers have recently forces HK lawmakers to consent to extraditing criminals to the mainland, to face full justice there, in mainLand courts!

that'd straighten out little somchai!

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

waiting an hour for the bus is routine in Bangkok, excuses are always the same, traffic very bad, have to fill with gas or well it's raining.

Indeed. If a farang tried the same nonsense here with a Thai bus driver they would get skinned alive.

If the poster had put in a little audio editing effort and cut in some dramatic music and an assortment of well-timed "ding ding ding", "boing", "whoosh" and "bang" sounds this clip could actually be highly entertaining.

In the current form it only shows a self-entitled - and probably inebriated - <deleted> making a big ruckus about nothing, the same type of irrational hothead who back in Thailand would perhaps pull a gun on you because you allegedly "obstructed" their illegal speeding on the highway.  

He then commuter on line 8 on a regular base.

Used to that, any other busses are snails.

People who are living in Bangkok,

they know what I am talking about.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Many netizens were sharing the video - some asked: "Was he really Thai"?"

/scarasm mode on

His ID card is blue and not pink.

Definitely a foreigner, in Hongkong.

6 minutes ago, donim said:

He then commuter on line 8 on a regular base.

Used to that, any other busses are snails.

People who are living in Bangkok,

they know what I am talking about.

Well I'm glad that people living in Bangkok do (understand what you are talking about), because I don't have the beginnings of a clue!

3 minutes ago, JAG said:

Well I'm glad that people living in Bangkok do (understand what you are talking about), because I don't have the beginnings of a clue!

I did, and you can too...google 'Bangkok Line 8'

no need for a Link, as it is not on honkers

1 hour ago, Genmai said:

Indeed. If a farang tried the same nonsense here with a Thai bus driver they would get skinned alive.

or knifed, shot, smacked with a baseball bat, run over, gang bashed - and that's just for starters …... 

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

So often here people won’t take responsibility for their own actions but are happy to apologize on the behalf of others. 

Doomed if they do, doomed if they don't, eh?

Fits the narrative BTW. Well done.

23 minutes ago, JAG said:

They are known for speed, and stopping two lanes from the borders, if they can stop.

A pedal for gas, and the other is for 'more gas'  and for braking ... (joke of course)

bus2.jpg

Thai friends said, they already has this reputation from when the number sats on top of the busses, an continues on the """"newer"""" busses.

AND.. It got such reputation that there is a movie made based on them, I watched it and laughed my ass off.  Movie name : Pard 888.

tW7DxNMVPgEitIg1Dnx4p5j3UyT.jpg

Enuf said? ????

2 hours ago, tifino said:

let the driver bring it on, with the Police

Chinese (mainland) lawmakers have recently forces HK lawmakers to consent to extraditing criminals to the mainland, to face full justice there, in mainLand courts!

that'd straighten out little somchai!

Well, almost right.

The Hong Kong assembly, responding to a request from Taiwan, have debated voting through an extradition treaty after a Hong Kong bloke murdered his Taiwanese girlfriend and fled. Hong Kong has no rendition to Macau, China mainland or Taiwan.

This bus bloke would have had to be wanted in mainland China to get sent there.

4 hours ago, Genmai said:

Why must everything be blamed on "the West" nowadays? Are Thai positive advances also due to being "Westernized"?

Nice try at shoehorning your ideology - but by throwing them a free pass through blaming crappy behavior on Western influence (an increasingly common pastime in the last decade) you're actually patronizingly denigrating Thai society by implying they are not advanced or self actualizing enough to be capable of the full range of human expression (both the good AND the bad aspects) of their own accord. Just another shade of neocolonialism really.

The loss of respect for westerners is because of the way they now behave, appear and speak. Bunch of slobs mainly.

Archived