Ambulance driver: "Die for all I care" as he drives rival victim slowly to hospital

webfact

4 hours ago, balo said:

The amazing Thai brains, they never stop to surprise you.  

To be very frank, there are heaps of non-Thai brains that never cease  to surprise me - you just need to have a non-biased mind to see that!

I can't help it. 

'a different way of thinking', and very little Theory of Mind at all.... but in the West everyone knows someone who does some reading, could be the Bible or just some of the Hardy Boys books, where you take the perspective laid out in a book of how someone else view's things.  of course, it's not just from books we learn this.  but books are power packed.  they really are. 

I like to remember the experience every high school student including myself, in New York state some many years ago, was required to read 'Cry The Beloved Country'.... where we, as the readers, found ourselves to be a black man in South Africa.  just a book, but whenever I comment on the lack of book reading in SE Asia in general, a Thai will respond that 'not reading books is [merely] a different way of thinking'.  and here we go, a different way of thinking.  and zero Theory of Mind.  almost a sociopathic state but, I'm gonna guess, not what a 'professional' in a white coat would classify as such. 

I can't help thinking that.  yet I feel like I should have picked The Book Work, instead of Weekend Raider, as my icon.  my post isn't 100% serious.... but this idea that "Thainess" is coincident with a deeply pervasive lack of serious, as a matter of culture.... of life long book and journal reading could be more important than many of us believe.  including myself.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

There were no reports on the condition of the victim in the Daily News story. 

They write a big story, but nobody gives a sh... about the victim. Nice!

Maybe there is an underlying message somewhere. In the West such drivers are skilled, specially trained - BUT lack the mandatory background of selling pineapples. 

In all honesty, does nobody do any background checks - in this particular position it can be a question of life or death! 

Archived