Feedback on YouTube cycling videos please

Mover1

Hi,

Lately I've been cycling around Rawai and Nai Harn every morning, and started taking videos of it. Just for something extra to do, and also it helps keep me accountable to myself for keeping fit. 

The videos are nothing special, probably pretty boring to most people (until I go headfirst over a car or something). 

Anyway, I'd appreciate any feedback on them. Good, bad or terrible.

Here's the link to the latest one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ajr43jckZA

Cheers,

Mover1

That’s a nice ride - I can imagine some of the car drivers on the narrow roads don’t allow for the possibility of a vulnerable road user coming the other way at speed. You’ll need to keep your eyes and ears open.

i didn’t want to wear out my mobile data watching the whole video - maybe when I get home.

• Like 1

Great Video Mover1

But doesnt Thailand look much the same where buildings and smaller roads are concerned?

I was just comparing your scenic  ride to the many I do around the outskirts of Pattaya. Hui Hai Sattahip, Banchang, Ban Sare etc which can be very nice and quiet but looking at your ride and comparing mine they could be in the same blinking area hahaha 

• Like 1

Hey Street Cowboy, yeah I definitely have to keep my eyes and ears open all the time haha. Main obstacles I face are people that overtake and then immediately slow down and pull over right in front of you, and people who never look before pulling out in front of me. Ah well, this is Thailand lol. Thanks for having a look mate

Hi n210mp, yeah I think you're right mate. The streets around here are the same as most places, apart from Bangla Road in Patong haha. Riding around the outskirts of Pattaya sounds good, cheers

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 11:14 AM, Mover1 said:

Hi n210mp, yeah I think you're right mate. The streets around here are the same as most places, apart from Bangla Road in Patong haha. Riding around the outskirts of Pattaya sounds good, cheers

Still waiting for episode two...

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 11:32 AM, StreetCowboy said:

Still waiting for episode two...

Hey StreetCowboy, sorry for the late reply I haven't been on the forum for a few weeks. Recent video is on now, and will do some more once its stopped raining. The wet season has fully kicked in here at the moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA4owP311-4 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mover1 said:

Hey StreetCowboy, sorry for the late reply I haven't been on the forum for a few weeks. Recent video is on now, and will do some more once its stopped raining. The wet season has fully kicked in here at the moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA4owP311-4 

That's magic - If only I could plan rides so flat!

• Like 1

Enjoyed that.

As a suggestion consider editing your videos into a single ‘video’ comprised of individual clips each no more than 15-20 seconds long.

Take a look at any film or tv drama and count how many seconds between each scene change to see how this improves viewer interest.

Well done, more please.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Lately I've been cycling around Rawai and Nai Harn every morning, and started taking videos of it. Just for something extra to do, and also it helps keep me accountable to myself for keeping fit. 

The videos are nothing special, probably pretty boring to most people (until I go headfirst over a car or something). 

Anyway, I'd appreciate any feedback on them. Good, bad or terrible.

Here's the link to the latest one: 

Cheers,
Mover1

Great ride ! Very enjoyable to watch. I know it’s hard to find good music to go with the video.

Does anyone here take part in Audax Thailand rides ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 2 months later...
On 6/10/2019 at 9:06 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Enjoyed that.

As a suggestion consider editing your videos into a single ‘video’ comprised of individual clips each no more than 15-20 seconds long.

Take a look at any film or tv drama and count how many seconds between each scene change to see how this improves viewer interest.

Well done, more please.

Hey thanks Chomper, if I ever get round to doing that I will. Main obstacle I've found is these videos use up a lot of memory on my laptop, so I have to delete them after three or four rides out. Sure I could find a way though.

Haven't been out for ages after a few injuries, rain, and general laziness. Once my back is feeling better I might go out again soon. Cheers!

On 8/2/2019 at 6:00 PM, rvaviator said:

Great ride ! Very enjoyable to watch. I know it’s hard to find good music to go with the video.

Does anyone here take part in Audax Thailand rides ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Hey thanks for the comment rvaviator. Haven't heard of Audax Thailand rides myself mate

• 3 months later...