BANGKOK
webfact

Bad guys out! Nearly 500 foreigners arrested in North East Thailand immigration crime sweep

10 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Overstayed his welcome?

IMPOSSIBLE!  Big Joke got rid of them all a few weeks ago.

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Another one who now despises Thailand, but cannot get it out of their thoughts, and keep on posting on Thai forums.

Only the bitter people do this, normal people move on, and focus their energy on their new destination.  

Correct. I Have left, my family follows once i am settled. As you rightly said put my energy into getting out, if you've any sense you will see how its sliding and do likewise, if you have stay good luck your welcome to it. there are many, many better options if you look. I don't have to "bitter" to realise the truth. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheops said:

It's still paradise as before if all your paper work is in order, so I guess you spoke for yourself to pack your bags. 

Paradise, get real. can't you see that the government is just reassuring the locals that its ok to be xenophobic and hate foreigners. populist press for the foreign haters. Who wants to live somewhere where even the law abiding are tarred with same brush and not wanted?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Cheops said:

Bye! Oh, and please don't comment anymore in this forum once you are gone. We don't need negative people like you.

Im entitled to my opinion and I'm speaking for myself, unlike you. Who are the collective "we"? If you don't like it say that. For me, AND in my opinion Thailand is getting worse and judging by the numbers of people leaving and not visiting i am not alone in my thinking am I. So rather then commenting on how negative you think I am maybe you should open your eyes and take a good look around you. Fact is there are better neighbouring countries with wide open arms, investigate for yourself. Unless of course you have been stupid enough to put all your eggs in 1 basket with no exit available to you, hence your comments.

• Sad 1

I've been here five months.  My visa has another couple of months on it, but frankly, I can't wait to get out.  Pushing close to 110 degrees, more air pollution than anyplace on the planet, and awash in smelly, 60 year old white tricks, humping the air and bargaining for the lowest cost to lay down and convulse on top of impoverished hill tribe girls ain't my idea of 'Paradise.' 

It's like a Joseph Conrad novel, but the foreigners make it ridiculous.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Those who thought it was paradise again without Big Joke know better now... it's business as usual, pack your bags while you still can!

Only if your doing something wrong, or have something to hide..

• Like 2

It should be exactly 500 of them each time no more or less.

• Haha 2

Two guys from Cameroon were probably fluent English speakers, highly educated and teaching locals a thing or two. The rest, ASEAN folk for whom borders are non existent anyway. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dolmance said:

I've been here five months.  My visa has another couple of months on it, but frankly, I can't wait to get out.  Pushing close to 110 degrees, more air pollution than anyplace on the planet, and awash in smelly, 60 year old white tricks, humping the air and bargaining for the lowest cost to lay down and convulse on top of impoverished hill tribe girls ain't my idea of 'Paradise.' 

It's like a Joseph Conrad novel, but the foreigners make it ridiculous.

How'd you get that 7 month visa? Gonna go against the grain here but maybe you should stay. It's gonna be hot for 4/5 months but the air is breathable and the rain heavy.

Book um Dano.

Drain the swamp..

• Like 1

Depends.

Doubt they are gonna check you in bus, Eikamai station is definatly a checkpoint for coppers.

Perhaps get out a stop before ekamai and taxi to your embassy

20 hours ago, petermik said:

"pre coronation crime sweep" is crime not a crime at other times then......:whistling:

That's why English is such a fantastic language ......... the "Pre Coronation crime sweep" - statement of the year for which I thank the "crafter" wholeheartedly 😉 

1 hour ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Keep taking out the trash, make Thailand great again.

I am willing to bet that those arrests are Asean workers. I bet most were released and simply went back to work. If they were anything more such as pheodophiles or human traffickers it would say so. I think they are probably just the workers keeping the country ticking (Thais cannot be relied upon for work so they are needed) . Its just another headline embedding the already out of control xenophobia. Assuming you are not Thai it is amazing to me you cannot see "Thailand is for Thais" only and they really mean that, foreigners are not welcome or wanted, they want your money but not your presence.

• Sad 2