Food poisoning cases increase as temps rise

Rimmer

Food poisoning cases increase as temps rise

image.png

PATTAYA:--The Pattaya Public Health Department warned people to be extra cautious during the hot season due to the higher risk of food poisoning.

Soaring temperatures cause food to spoil faster, leading to increased cases of gastrointestinal infections and diarrhea. The department said Pattaya Call Center has been flooded with calls about food poisoning.

Consumer Protection Office chief Buppa Songsakulchai said normally microbes take six or seven hours to spoil food, but, with current temperatures, it can happen in just four. Foods with coconut milk, desserts, salad and rice vermicelli are common culprits.

She said meals and leftovers should be kept refrigerated, reheated thoroughly before eating and not left out in the heat.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-05-02--

3 hours ago, Rimmer said:

She said meals and leftovers should be kept refrigerated, reheated thoroughly before eating and not left out in the heat.

How often does this happen with street food?

Answer = never 

They need proper reinforcement and education here with regards to food saftey and hygiene. 

5 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

How often does this happen with street food?

Answer = never 

They need proper reinforcement and education here with regards to food saftey and hygiene. 

Agree. And in the west too where long time damage over the last forty years  caused by junk food, loaded with artificial sugars, fats, and salts has led to a raft of problems especially in the USA and Australia and to a certain extent,  THE UK and other industrialized nations. In the latter place  the damages is neither seasonal or temporary but entrenched in culture of ignorance diet illiteracy on a mass scale. 

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

I just bought some sweet & sour Chicken and rice from a place similar to the ones in the O.P. photo earlier tonight , about 5 hours ago, shouldnt really eat it , but I'm really hungry .

Let us know how you get on.  Microwave it to help...it will.kill all bad bacteria.

Public health department!!!!!!??????

care people???

stay here 17 years and never seen public health department check street food and restaurants !!!

only some stupid announcement !!! ????????

4 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Agree. And in the west too where long time damage over the last forty years  caused by junk food, loaded with artificial sugars, fats, and salts has led to a raft of problems especially in the USA and Australia and to a certain extent,  THE UK and other industrialized nations. In the latter place  the damages is neither seasonal or temporary but entrenched in culture of ignorance diet illiteracy on a mass scale. 

This statement is kind of off the subject of food safety. 

I noticed a market seller yesterday with a table full of fresh cleaned fish. 100 degrees and sitting out unrefrigerated. But no flies around?  Formalin??

I agree with the above statement that a constant diet of fast food is not the best idea. However the franchise companies stress food safety and training. Your chances of getting food poisoning are far less at these restaurants.  But yes too much and you might get fat!

A choice.

I spent 13 years as a franchisee.

4 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Let us know how you get on.  Microwave it to help...it will.kill all bad bacteria.

People think that cooking food makes it safe?

Yes it does kill live bacteria, however as food sits out unheated or unrefrigerated for more than a couple of hours, the bacteria produces a toxin. This toxin is not destroyed by cooking!

Here in Pattaya a week ago i purchased some cooked food from a well known small supermarket ,i have never been so ill in all my life , i have had upset stomaches in the past but this was far worse , I would love to name them but best not to in case they sue me , is that right?

If ya have western standard food standards and enforcement the food prices will go up exponentially.

thai people and  thailand cannot carry such a system it’s too expensive.

third works or whatever you wanna call Thailand ain’t Sydney or Berlin or LA.

if you want these standards then the cheap lifestyle that is Asia will disappear.

17 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

If ya have western standard food standards and enforcement the food prices will go up exponentially.

thai people and  thailand cannot carry such a system it’s too expensive.

third works or whatever you wanna call Thailand ain’t Sydney or Berlin or LA.

if you want these standards then the cheap lifestyle that is Asia will disappear.

I understand what you are saying. It's good to understand a little about food safety and use your best judgement when buying food. For myself, when I am with a Thai person I will often accept their judgement about where to eat. When on my own I usually choose a franchise where I feel that they have at least had some food safety training. Of course that doesn't mean that they follow the training? But a least you have a better chance?

I have not had any serious problems with food in several years, but some of my friends have and some of the complications can be long lasting! Best to be careful.

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

it is so cheap just throw it away and BUY "FRESH"

Fresh? Is that fresh as in  made new or fresh in that the dead bugs have been removed since yesterday and has been presented again today.with added  content..all day?

I am super  selective  what I buy and from where !

Sometimes I even actually eat  it. lol

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Here in Pattaya a week ago i purchased some cooked food from a well known small supermarket ,i have never been so ill in all my life , i have had upset stomaches in the past but this was far worse , I would love to name them but best not to in case they sue me , is that right?

Another thing ,my wife wrote to their office ,did not even bother to reply ,4 days later wrote again saying she was going to put it on social media , took about half an hour to get an apology , and to say how careful they were in preperation , not on what i ate there wernt .

Archived