CPDC kids trained in first aid, emergency response

Rimmer

CPDC kids trained in first aid, emergency response

image.png

PATTAYA:--Youths under the care of the Human Help Network received lessons from Bangkok Hospital Pattaya in first aid and how to respond to emergencies.

BPH audio-visual chief Navee Conrat led the April 30 iRescue clinic at the Child Protection and Development Center where very young children were taught how to react to emergency situations and older youths how to act.

Younger children were told to remain calm and call for help, what to tell authorities on the telephone, where the emergency was and how many people were affected and what their injuries looked like.

Older kids were taught emergency first response techniques including primary first aid, CPR, rescue breathing and automated external defibrillator use.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-05-02--

When I was a boy, I was “forced” to go to the Boys Brigade.

I utterly hated it. All that praying and Jesus bolox ????

But on one of the sessions they had a First Aid Instructor who came and gave us an evening of First Aid and Emergency Life Support.

They had a “Resussy-Annie” doll and we had to blow into her gob and pump her tits to do CPR and stuff.

The upshot of it is, I actually had to use that training later when I was 13 years old when my brother and I dragged a kid out of a river and kept him alive.

All hail the efforts to give these youngsters at least a basic understanding of how to help others.

Yeah, I went to 'The Boy's Brigade' too, although the religion side wasn't pumped much at all. The men who ran it were actually decent and no funny business. Certainly nothing wrong giving young kids some First Aid training and we did gymnastics too. Kept us off the streets, except on the odd Sunday when they made us deliberately walk them.

Archived